Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Here's four that come to mind:
    IJ4 - Great theme that Stern managed to screw up.
    SWE1 - The game, like the movie didn't live up to the hype.
    roadshow - Not a bad game, but a disappointing follow up to TZ and TAF

+1

#17 11 years ago

I like RS and I think it's fun...but it was too cartoony for it's time. I wouldn't use the term laughable as it was obviously a return to Whirlwind & ES...but at the time something just didn't sit right.
    It was almost too "tonka truck" looking, almost fakish. I mean we Had DE & Gottlieb for fake horrible games back then.

#27 11 years ago

I like Monopoly a lot. It's got it's issues like that damn bank door, & the cop targ

To be honest i can't believe Avatar is ranked as high as it is.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from devil_rider:

Would be interesting to receive a US Operators's perspective on this.......as the game
    is highly coveted now!
    DR

I talked to a guy awhile back that operated probably 30ish+ pins over a decade or 3 and he said hands down TZ made him the least money.

#51 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Hey,
    I'd say Flipper Football by Capcom. Thanks to Lloyd (LTG) for sharing this story with me when I was at SS Billiards one time: http://www.ufopinball.com/BBB/capcom_small.JPG
    Luke

That is great. No shortage of classics in there!

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xanathar:

JDub1006 said:PS. Transformers?? Sorry Stern lovers but this game stinks, I think Stern had a budget of $150.00 and a Walmart gift card to make this one.

As I've said before I like the PRO edition much better becssue it doesn't have all the cheap crap strewn about it.

#64 11 years ago

500 units each? That can't be true. Then again I've never seen a 24 so.....

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

I just dont know why people on this site except that Stern is good for pinball when they are screwing you around.

Well i'm no Stern lover by any means, but there have been some damn fine games made by them. I would say more bad then good, but good ones for sure. Would I pay for any of them? Sure. I would love to own a RBION...and there are some more out there.

I don't bow at their feet or anything, but like iot or not they have been the only company for the last 10+ years producing pinball machines. If nothing else, they've shown other companies that you can make money making pinballs.

Quoted from RGR:

Everything that JJ has said and done will prove that new innovations were possible in pinball.

And guess what, there's more than enough ass kissing of JJ even though they haven't done a damn thing yet. Will it be great? I have no idea, I hope so. I'm not chalking it up as a victory already like you are becasue they are using an LCD display. I would have thought Pat Lawlor was incapable of making a garbage game...then I met CSI.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-pinball-flops?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.