Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

If you base it strictly on the license/Pinside ranking ratio, Avatar has got to be one of the biggest flops. It was based on the most successful film of all time, and yet it doesn't even rank in the top 100

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Played that machine for the first time this weekend and I really liked it

Yeah, I've owned Avatar for several months now, and I just don't understand why it's ranked so low. I think it might be a case where the hype (or expectation) didn't live up to what was delivered. However, since I had no expectations going in, I was pleasantly surprised. It's a standard fan layout, and plays pretty darn fast. Amp suit magnet is fun, and sounds/call outs are really good (IMHO). ...or maybe it's just me - seems like I'm always defending Avatar.

Quoted from Espo66:

I think the far greater Pat Lawlor flop was Monopoly. That was supposed to be his return to designing games and the initial reaction from the pinheads was not good. Reputation is no better today, I know a quite a few collectors that had it and dumped it

I owned it for less than a month. Way too 'stop and go' for me, and the sounds got irritating quickly. ...and that damn railroad ramp seemed to block every shot.

#32 11 years ago

Back on topic (interesting one for me) - let's define 'flop'. Is it sales? (total $$ or #) ...perhaps maket price compared to price at release? ...pinside or IMDB rankings? All are valid I suppose. Too bad Stern doesn't release sales #'s - would love to see this data.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-pinball-flops?tu=sunking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.