Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-19.jpg
    image-115.jpg
    laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
    no3.gif
    no2.gif
    no.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago

Maybe not overrated but for sure overpraised: TRON! (& AC/DC)

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from trickpony:

You need to complete the modes to get any real points. There are 6 rounds inserts toward the bottom of the screen. None of them require hitting the middle. Also unless you've taken away the tilt bob and and playfield pitch, that middle shot can be dangerous.

Yep, AFM is pretty much like MM or MB in that discipline, just without any real toys.

Seriously, the Saucer does almost nothing, it especially does nothing at all with the ball and the marsians are just deco for a few targets. Nevertheless, it is fun to play.

5 months later
    #151 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I agree completely, and it makes it hard to believe that they are actually re-making this pin.
    I wouldn't want one at $2k.

I think in this case more than any other you really need to wait for the final machine. The old sample pins that are out there don't have much to do with the final and "real" Pinball Circus. Even the flippers are mounted just "somewhere" and are only placeholders on the sample games, of course it doesn't play well.

7 months later
    #156 8 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Bad layout: Shadow ( shots from upper flipper are totally out of control, too much speed in the loop. Who can objectively control these 2 close shots????)

I'd agree with most of the rest of your post, but this is completely ridiculous.

Shadow is one of the best thought out layouts I've ever seen, play wise, technically and from a servicing standpoint.
    If one couldn't objectively control these two shots, how is my wife loop champion with 9 loops and hits at least a 5-loop-combo in nearly every game (with little to no accidental shots to Khan)? You can also hit the Battlefield from the upper flipper, so it's even three controllable shots.

If you've ever managed to combo Vengeance, Super Vengeance, left loop, 5 Shadow loops and end this rush with slamming the ball into Kahn Multiball it will appear to you that this design is absolutely genius. Actually any Eddy game is.

And I own BK2K only for the looks, by the way, but that's a matter of taste and nothing one could argue about.

9 months later
    #187 7 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

SS, too simple although I defend MB as a great game......go figure

100% agreed.

SS is a beauty, but gameplay is extremely basic. MB to me personally has some of the best toys and one of the catchiest rulesets ever.

2 months later
    #194 7 years ago
    Quoted from sleepygtr:

AF for me, I had played it a few times in youth and liked it and got caught up in the hype of owning one. Bit the bullet and bought one, played it for a good six months, and then sold it for what I paid. To me, as a TZ owner, AF is what happens when
    Pat Lawlor is on a budget, TZ is an open check-book... Very parallel rule set but TZ so much better and no reason to own both.

If AF is TAF i agree. Especially the audio drives me crazy.
    Nevertheless I think TAF is a special case as it very much changed the way pinball rulesets are designed. I have a lot of respect for TAF and would rate it high just because of that, but still I don't enjoy playing it very much.

I don't think he was especially on a budget with TAF, but since TAF was such a game changer they just gave him the freedom to do whatever he wants with TZ. Without the success of TAF this would never have been possible.

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Is there a Wizard mode with the new software?

You might find this interesting: http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=New_Things_in_..._Continued

The added rules are not bad at all, but large parts of the software feels completely detached from the original code. It often just doesn't blend into the original musical score and callouts very well which bothers me a lot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-overrated-games?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.