Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-19.jpg
    image-115.jpg
    laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
    no3.gif
    no2.gif
    no.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 9 years ago

1) TOTAN
    2) INDY
    3) TAF
    4) All EMs

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

While I don't agree with everything noted here, I like the format, so I'm goin' with my list and why. I'm going down the list from #1 until I get to the 10th overly rated game.
    1) Medieval Madness. Shoot the castle, survive, shoot the castle survive, shoot the castle, survive, you get the idea. After about 40-50 shots, you have defeated the King of Payne and won the tournament. All that awesomeness reduced to a 1 shot game. Truly saddening... CALLING MYSTERY PROGRAMMER!
    2) Indiana Jones (WMS). Shoot the center lock, start multiball. Shoot the center lock, start multiball, shoot the center lock and buggy software that make a billion points go away right quick.
    3) Theater of Magic. Shoot the left orbit, lap around the PF, shoot the left orbit, lap around the PF, (starting to see a pattern here?!?). Talk to Lyman and discuss pinball rules.
    4) Tales of Arabian Nights. Look at the pretty game, exploit numerous rules that negate any real earned points on the table. A great game for the girlfriend and museum piece/mod collectors.
    5) Circus Voltaire. Another game that needs serious s/w revision. Eternal wizard mode takes all the fun out of being rewarded for playing well. This one was a tough one for me as I REALLY like the game, until that point. Then... ugh.
    6) Metallica. This is a good game, not a great game. Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, try and get a stack in there somewhere. I still have hope for the S/W revision, but 'Tallikuh Fanboys need to watch Some kind of monster and remember that half these guys are whiny little bitches who grew into everything they ever rebelled against as kids and are too stupid to see the irony looking back at them in the mirror.
    7) Wizard of Oz. Potential is the word for this deck. New tech and a brilliant ruleset cannot save the awkward PF and new boards that need to be put into this game for it to work as it should. Like Metallica, I'll give this more time, but right now, it is severely overrated. Find a working one if you can and enjoy the theater this game has. I'd still rather have a game that has game within it.
    Elvira and the Party Monsters. Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, I think you get the idea. I love the character and artwork on this game, but Mystery Programmer needs to step in on this deck.
    9) Judge Dredd. This one is particularly painful for me as I absolutely loved the comics as a kid and this deck embodies the feel of the comics and has all the dark judges in it, but this game just doesn't put it together with gameplay. Feel the pain!
    10) Champion Pub. I'd rather skip a real rope.
    Top SS Runners up:
    Guns and Roses. I like Slash. The game suffers from so much wonderful input and ideas and not enough game/rule testing. Standard issue procedure at DE. Select super pops and keep putting it in there until you 9 it out. What a shame.
    Bk2k. Play this game with your right hand.
    Bride of Pinbot. Enjoy the theater, this game is a 1 shot game that will insta-boot when the second player gets the Bil club. Johnny Mnemonic. Gitcher spinner mod on. Or else.

So you rated games down if there is some exploit for tournaments? Fair, but hardly a reason to call a game overrated. MM and AFM for two are so much more than bashing the middle...who plays that way except for tourney snobs??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-overrated-games?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.