Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-19.jpg
    image-115.jpg
    laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
    no3.gif
    no2.gif
    no.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alichino.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Change your thread title to "what games does everyone else like that you don't". I think the ratings are pretty indicative of what is fun. If one where to throw names of the top 25 five games in one hat and 26-50 in another, I'm pretty sure we'd all be grabbing from the former and not the latter. For the sake of argument, all games have the same value (you can't sell).
    Sorry if this is gibberish, no coffee yet me have.

I think the ratings are a little bit flawed, personally. Like, the first question is 'How good is the flow on the game?'

I love TZ, but a flowy game it is not. If the ratings were reset, I have a feeling it would drop waaaaay down the list based on that question alone. Similarly, Star Trek is super flowy, so I had to give it points on that, but I think it's actually so focused on flow that it loses a lot of personality (hit these five ramps for every mode; it flows!). I have to give it max points for flow, but I would really like to dock it for that instead.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

And how is WOZs flow?
    Personally, I think flow is subjective. How does it flow in coralation to the layout? Do the shots feel good and setup a follow up shot or do you have to post pass constantly to get the ball where you want it?
    A stop and go game like TZ can still have good flow, and does.

I agree with the shots feeling good and being setup well. I did dock WoZ for that, but it sets things up much better than most people realize. A good example is when you miss getting the munchkin mode started, you can hold the top flipper which will drop the ball to the left flipper; catch it there, and it's right back to the playfield. Also, shooting for the drops isn't very important with the 3.0 update. Getting rainbow lit just sort of happens now.

I also dropped the layout feature as being as important as some of the other things. Like, a good layout can be killed by bad rules (ref: CSI), and an okay layout can be a great game with some good rules (ref: Family Guy). The layout itself isn't as important to me as how it's used.

ST is better in the 'flow' department, so I gave it a higher ranking there than WoZ. I enjoy the rules on WoZ so much more than ST, though; hence the higher rating. Similarly, Tron and X-Men have basically the same layout, but I love the rules on X-Men so much more, so it got the better rating.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alichino.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-overrated-games?tu=alichino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.