Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-19.jpg
    image-115.jpg
    laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
    no3.gif
    no2.gif
    no.gif

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I agree completely, and it makes it hard to believe that they are actually re-making this pin.
    I wouldn't want one at $2k.

I think in this case more than any other you really need to wait for the final machine. The old sample pins that are out there don't have much to do with the final and "real" Pinball Circus. Even the flippers are mounted just "somewhere" and are only placeholders on the sample games, of course it doesn't play well.

#152 9 years ago

Ahhhhh - these threads always entertain.

Star Trek The Next Generation

I dislike everything about that game. The objectives, the bottom layout, the one track scoring strategy, the artwork, the speech, the music, the freekin dual cannons, ...

#153 9 years ago

....someone likes these pins tz fh taf mm cuz they sell fast and for a good buck

7 months later
    #154 8 years ago

According to me, the most overrated pinballs are those that get old quickly coz of shallow ruleset, awfull artwork, boring sound, bad layout, bad gameplay etc..that's totaly subjective like asking what is your top 10 pinball ever.

Shallow ruleset: CV, SS, TOM, CC...
    Boring atmosphere/ sound: TZ, TFTC, FH...
    Bad layout: Shadow ( shots from upper flipper are totally out of control, too much speed in the loop. Who can objectively control these 2 close shots????), CFTBL ( cluttered playfield, can't see upper pf and slow flow with too much stop)
    Theme: simpsons (can't stand), woz
    Awfull artwork: BK2000, centaur ( beautiful but not my taste),

Some examples of under rated pins IMO
    Medieval madness ( should have more gap with the second
    Stargate
    RBION
    RS
    Monopoly...

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

According to me, the most overrated pinballs are those that get old quickly coz of shallow ruleset, awfull artwork, boring sound, bad layout, bad gameplay etc..that's totaly subjective like asking what is your top 10 pinball ever.
    Shallow ruleset: CV, SS, TOM, CC...
    Boring atmosphere/ sound: TZ, TFTC, FH...
    Bad layout: Shadow ( shots from upper flipper are totally out of control, too much speed in the loop. Who can objectively control these 2 close shots????), CFTBL ( cluttered playfield, can't see upper pf and slow flow with too much stop)
    Theme: Simpsons (can't stand), woz
    Awfull artwork: BK2000, centaur ( beautiful but not my taste),
    Some examples of under rated pins IMO
    Medieval Madness ( should have more gap with the second
    Stargate
    RBION
    RS
    Monopoly...

Normally I'd agree that it's subjective - but to say that TZ has a boring atmosphere and sounds, and Shadow has a bad layout is absolutely crazy.

#156 8 years ago

Bad layout: Shadow ( shots from upper flipper are totally out of control, too much speed in the loop. Who can objectively control these 2 close shots????)

I'd agree with most of the rest of your post, but this is completely ridiculous.

Shadow is one of the best thought out layouts I've ever seen, play wise, technically and from a servicing standpoint.
    If one couldn't objectively control these two shots, how is my wife loop champion with 9 loops and hits at least a 5-loop-combo in nearly every game (with little to no accidental shots to Khan)? You can also hit the Battlefield from the upper flipper, so it's even three controllable shots.

If you've ever managed to combo Vengeance, Super Vengeance, left loop, 5 Shadow loops and end this rush with slamming the ball into Kahn Multiball it will appear to you that this design is absolutely genius. Actually any Eddy game is.

And I own BK2K only for the looks, by the way, but that's a matter of taste and nothing one could argue about.

#157 8 years ago

I'm personally offended by him saying FH has bad atmosphere. That whole game is atmosphere...starts fun and gets creepy really fast.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Normally I'd agree that it's subjective - but to say that TZ has a boring atmosphere and sounds, and Shadow has a bad layout is absolutely crazy.

Sorry but TZ gets really a No entertaining atmosphere. This is a billion far from a MM or LOTR. that's not crazy that is subjective as this thread is.

I really like Shadow except that upper flipper. You can't control these 2 close shots. Never done each one because i decided to , only by luck. It is frustrating.

Just my point of view

#160 8 years ago

Is there a reason this year old TZ bashing thread is getting resurrected?

I'm kidding. But for TZ to be consistently high rated and buys/sells higher, the vast majority don't agree with ya. But opinions are like something or other I guess...everyone's got one.

Funny thing. I restored a routed TZ to CQ, couldn't wait to sell it. Played it awhile, now I can't picture my collection without it.

#161 8 years ago

TZ and AFM are pinball perfection and it is funny to see so many saying they are over-rated. I look at the top 50 and here are pins I see over rated.
    AC/DC- #7 should be #22 nothing special except the music
    TOTAN #10 Should be #24 Needs a new code. Had it for several years and love everything about it but rules are weak
    TOM #9 should be #28 Had it for a year very fun but too easy and needs a code change for wizard mode
    TSPP- #19 should be #70 Deep and boring
    SS- #11 should be #25 Had it for 2 months. Needs way more call outs because they are the best thing about this game. Too shallow
    NGG #31 should be #101 Hole in one shot is very cool , the rest of the game is not. Lasted 3 weeks and it had to go.
    HS2- #34 should be #110 Not fun after a couple dozen plays Lasted 3 weeks in my collection.
    FG- #46 should be #75 Bad layout and just not fun
    WCS- #47 should be #120 Shoot the goal got boring in a week and artwork ruined the look of my game room .

All the rest of the top 50 is pretty close in my opinion.

#162 8 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Yeah, I think the same. Shadow imho has an exceptional layout. The flow is very good. The ramps can feel a little clunkey because of the diverters.

Totan is beautiful but the redt blows. Lw3 I think is the better version of t2's layout. Tmnt is garbage that I have a hard time playing when it is on freeplay.
    Tz is too dry for me. DM, CTFBL, NGG, GNR are a few I try really hard to like every time I play them but always feel a little disappointed.

#163 8 years ago

Can't get all the hate on FH, limited shots largely from the left but you can loop the right flipper back to the left, tough orbit, particularly on the right.

As for the whole thread, the title itself is a bit oxymoronic - TOP overrated games? How about the bottom overrated games, and what makes a game overrated? If hundreds of people rated something a certain way, the rating fits the raters. If games are over or under-rated then it's up to people to rate them better!

None of these rating lists will please everyone or most people as we are all one rater. I'd have games like Flash Gordon in the top 25 along with others including some EMs but there are hundreds of machines out there and comparing apples to oranges to tangerines always turns into a food fight. The top ten games ever produced include my current collection plus two games I don't own but want to. Oh, and if my collection changes, so does the list.

#164 8 years ago

Rating better if honest is impossible coz it is subjective.

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jor0822:

AFM and T2 are totally overrated in my opinion. And I've seen the gif of the man beating the dead horse so many times that I want to post a gif of a man beating a dead horse every time I see it.

Hahahahah you beat me to it!

#166 8 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

TZ and AFM are pinball perfection and it is funny to see so many saying they are over-rated. I look at the top 50 and here are pins I see over rated.
    TOTAN #10 Should be #24 Needs a new code. Had it for several years and love everything about it but rules are weak
    TOM #9 should be #28 Had it for a year very fun but too easy and needs a code change for wizard mode
    SS- #11 should be #25 Had it for 2 months. Needs way more call outs because they are the best thing about this game. Too shallow
    NGG #31 should be #101 Hole in one shot is very cool , the rest of the game is not. Lasted 3 weeks and it had to go.
    HS2- #34 should be #110 Not fun after a couple dozen plays Lasted 3 weeks in my collection.
    WCS- #47 should be #120 Shoot the goal got boring in a week and artwork ruined the look of my game room .

I pretty much agree with this. I would also put MM and MB in the pinball perfection category.

AC/DC - For me the game is actually brought down by the music but #22 is about spot on.

The others I agree with completely.

#167 8 years ago

All of them.

#168 8 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

BSD, it's so damn ugly, if it didn't have the mist multi ball gimmick no one would even remember it.

Ugly?????? I think it has some of the best hand drawn Playfield Art there is! I even like the backglass. I know some people dont but I think it shows off the movie well and has a good artistic flow. You may be right about the mist ball but that is unfair. There are tons of games that have their "gimmick" basically all good games have their individual stamp which defines them

#169 8 years ago

Lotr
    Tspp
    Tom

Last is a beauty but doesn't hold interest.

CC without continued. With its a keeper.

4 months later
    #170 8 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

While I don't agree with everything noted here, I like the format, so I'm goin' with my list and why. I'm going down the list from #1 until I get to the 10th overly rated game.
    1) Medieval Madness. Shoot the castle, survive, shoot the castle survive, shoot the castle, survive, you get the idea. After about 40-50 shots, you have defeated the King of Payne and won the tournament. All that awesomeness reduced to a 1 shot game. Truly saddening... CALLING MYSTERY PROGRAMMER!
    2) Indiana Jones (WMS). Shoot the center lock, start multiball. Shoot the center lock, start multiball, shoot the center lock and buggy software that make a billion points go away right quick.
    3) Theater of Magic. Shoot the left orbit, lap around the PF, shoot the left orbit, lap around the PF, (starting to see a pattern here?!?). Talk to Lyman and discuss pinball rules.
    4) Tales of Arabian Nights. Look at the pretty game, exploit numerous rules that negate any real earned points on the table. A great game for the girlfriend and museum piece/mod collectors.
    5) Circus Voltaire. Another game that needs serious s/w revision. Eternal wizard mode takes all the fun out of being rewarded for playing well. This one was a tough one for me as I REALLY like the game, until that point. Then... ugh.
    6) Metallica. This is a good game, not a great game. Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, try and get a stack in there somewhere. I still have hope for the S/W revision, but 'Tallikuh Fanboys need to watch Some kind of monster and remember that half these guys are whiny little bitches who grew into everything they ever rebelled against as kids and are too stupid to see the irony looking back at them in the mirror.
    7) Wizard of Oz. Potential is the word for this deck. New tech and a brilliant ruleset cannot save the awkward PF and new boards that need to be put into this game for it to work as it should. Like Metallica, I'll give this more time, but right now, it is severely overrated. Find a working one if you can and enjoy the theater this game has. I'd still rather have a game that has game within it.
    Elvira and the Party Monsters. Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, I think you get the idea. I love the character and artwork on this game, but Mystery Programmer needs to step in on this deck.
    9) Judge Dredd. This one is particularly painful for me as I absolutely loved the comics as a kid and this deck embodies the feel of the comics and has all the dark judges in it, but this game just doesn't put it together with gameplay. Feel the pain!
    10) Champion Pub. I'd rather skip a real rope.
    Top SS Runners up:
    Guns and Roses. I like Slash. The game suffers from so much wonderful input and ideas and not enough game/rule testing. Standard issue procedure at DE. Select super pops and keep putting it in there until you 9 it out. What a shame.
    Bk2k. Play this game with your right hand.
    Bride of Pinbot. Enjoy the theater, this game is a 1 shot game that will insta-boot when the second player gets the Bil club. Johnny Mnemonic. Gitcher spinner mod on. Or else.
    Top 10 underrated games:
    1) TZ. at #2. This game should be at #1, by a looooooooooooooooooooong mile. There is no comparison. Disagree if you must, but you are welcome to stop by Casa Del 2 Step and bear witness to what the real deal is.
    2) The Shadow. A true players game if there ever was one.
    3) Bram Stoker's Dracula. Another true player that is being grabbed up by those who know. Utterly brutal and relentless.
    4) Congo. Not your average layout and ruleset, but DAY-UM... what a great game! Tron owes it's entire left hand PF design to John Trudeau and this deck. Best skill shot in a DMD that I can think of.
    5) roadshow. This deck oozes character and while I will admit that it is not the best balanced game out there, this deck is a much better player than people give it credit for. The only thing in my home that plays cuntry music.
    6) Indianapolis 500. A table that stays true to its theme. You don't stop, ever. Even when you get the big whammy score, this deck keeps on racing at lighting speed!
    7) Tales from the Crypt. A true player that would have made DE as good as B/W if they had this kind of product with more of their releases. I'd love to have one some day.
    Corvette. A really good game. From what I understand this was supposed to be a wide body and GG squeezed this table into a narrower body. It made the shots tighter and this game requires quite a bit of skill to get it to sing.
    9) Starship Troopers. A much better game than people give it credit for. The flipper layout deserves particular attention on this table.
    10) World Cup Soccer '94. This game has been in at least one bank (almost) every year at PAPA since it has been released. People say this game is too easy or boring... it can be. Do some work and modify/adjust/tune this deck to a challenging level and quitcher' bitchin'!
    Special note goes to World Poker Tour. If you don't "get it", I understand. It took me a long time to do so. But I gave it a real chance and once you do too... Ohhh, the pinball pleasure!
    Also, Goldeneye... when properly maintained and tuned, is a great game and a much better player than most people know. I know I didn't know until the past year.
    EM Overrated top games. Now while EM's are a different animal and encompass a wider range of vintages and technological advances, I consider them to be as much of a player's game as SS/DMD's. While player skill sets may be different, they are all valid. However, there are a few notable exceptions to the general rating system:
    1) Centigrade 37. A fantastic looking game that falls way short in the gameplay dept. This is a damn shame, because all the goods are on the PF. The rules on this game just aren't that challenging.
    2) Joker Poker / Eye of the Tiger and many games on the EM/SS dual production cliff. When SS games have better rulesets than their EM counter parts, museum collector/ low production enthusiasts may rejoice. I do not.
    3) Multiplayer EM's with less robust rules than their single player counterparts. El Dorado/ Gold Strike's offspring make for a much less challenging game. I understand the the op with games on the street wants multiplayer games, and I do enjoy them. I just enjoy the single player games much, much, much more.
    Alright, there goes my lunch break. Now I'm off to work on the pin-fu!

People that "know", know, people that "don't", don't.
    100% agree, 25+ years of collecting later.
    Most do not survive collecting long enough to figure most of this out, unless they collect specific genre, year, manufacturer, or theme machines.

#171 8 years ago

ST STERN and STTNG , boat anchors to the max.

5 months later
    #172 7 years ago

Ok another one in my book which seems to become another underrated game is the GoT pro.
    Just had a look today, and only #85! and in the same Time GoT Premium/LE is in top 50! The gap seems to me crazy. Would it be a rational (or even irrational) reason?

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

You list games, rerank them, point out big flaws and say how you couldn't get rid of some of em fast enough, but then you leave em in the top 100. For instance:
    ACDC #7 should be #22 nothing special here but the music. Then why you rerank it 22 if it nothing special?
    Ss #11 should be 25 only thing good call outs but not enough of em, shallow, but let's keep it at #25?
    Fg#46 should be 75 bad layout, no fun at all but we'll just drop it to #75? Why? If not fun with bad layout why #75?
    There's not 75 pinball machines throughout history that have good layout and are fun to play? Just saying if you think a machine is bad why keep it in the top 100? Makes no sense in my opinion. Fyi, I'm not a fan of most of these either.

#174 7 years ago

Ok another one in my book which seems to become another underrated game is the GoT pro.
    Just had a look today, and only #85! and in the same Time GoT Premium/LE is in top 50! The gap seems to me crazy. Would it be a rational (or even irrational) reason?

This is an overrated thread, not an underrated one. That said, I agree - GOT PRO is highly underrated but I think artwork and people's desire to rate a machine based on art is its reason it hovers in the 80's. How many people have rated the machine based on word of mouth, pics, or even playing 10 games on it? Bet more than we know. I've had my pro for 2+ mos and still haven't rated it

Once again, just proof not to follow pinside ratings and trust your own judgement on a pin.

#175 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

GOT PRO is highly underrated but I think artwork and people's desire to rate a machine based on art is its reason it hovers in the 80's.

TWD Pro is ranked 87th. It's one of the finest Stern Pro's I've ever played.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Once again, just proof not to follow pinside ratings and trust your own judgement on a pin.

Plus, plusity plus.

#176 7 years ago

CV, TOM, TOTAN, SWEP1. Aside from nice art, I just don't care for Popadiuk games. WCS is the only exception.

#177 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

CV, TOM, TOTAN, SWEP1. Aside from nice art, I just don't care for Popadiuk games. WCS is the only exception.

And WCS is the one I really don't like...... Go figure!

#178 7 years ago

twilight zone can suck it imho

#179 7 years ago

WCS is awesome! But I'm a soccer fan too so there's that. And yea, CV...way in the overrated category. Fun game, just highly overrated IMO.

#180 7 years ago

OK,my list goes like this,Mustang,AC/DC,KISS,METALLICA , WOZ , NASCAR,HOBBIT.LOTR,CP,Everybody has different likes and dislikes! Next worst,TWD,WM,and sorry folks,GOT!!

#181 7 years ago

T2, getaway, MB, TOM, NGG, white water

#182 7 years ago

I think TOTAN and NGG are overrated.

#183 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is an overrated thread, not an underrated one. That said, I agree - GOT PRO is highly underrated but I think artwork and people's desire to rate a machine based on art is its reason it hovers in the 80's. How many people have rated the machine based on word of mouth, pics, or even playing 10 games on it? Bet more than we know. I've had my pro for 2+ mos and still haven't rated it

Hi,
    I had it at home on location. It was a blast to play. I will be soon a new owner of this game. I have never succeed to play it like i would have to, and it's one reason i wanted it again, only done over 3MM and i have never seen the final. But this game is matching my tastes perfectly, fast and brutal. However, even If i wanted the pro and not the premium/LE, i can't understand the gap between them, ranking and notations, like the TDW as said a pinball fellow before.

#184 7 years ago

TZ and MM for me, great pins but not the best anymore by far.

#185 7 years ago

The games on my wishlist during negotiation. Then insta-promotion to GOAT!

#186 7 years ago

SS, too simple although I defend MB as a great game......go figure

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

SS, too simple although I defend MB as a great game......go figure

100% agreed.

SS is a beauty, but gameplay is extremely basic. MB to me personally has some of the best toys and one of the catchiest rulesets ever.

2 months later
    #188 7 years ago

I'm a little surprised that nobody mentionned Cactus canyon.
    Had one in the past but it looked meh to play as the code has not been finished by far.

I'm interested about What you think guys.

#189 7 years ago

I'm a little surprised that nobody mentionned Cactus canyon.
    Had one in the past but it looked meh to play as the code has not been finished by far.
    I'm interested about What you think guys.

That's because it's not overrated. With the CCC code, it's one of the most fun games out there, IMO.

#190 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's because it's not overrated. With the CCC code, it's one of the most fun games out there, IMO.

Do you really think that current ranking is evaluating this new software?

Is there a Wizard mode with the new software?

#191 7 years ago

Any John Popaduece game

#192 7 years ago

AF for me, I had played it a few times in youth and liked it and got caught up in the hype of owning one. Bit the bullet and bought one, played it for a good six months, and then sold it for what I paid. To me, as a TZ owner, AF is what happens when
    Pat Lawlor is on a budget, TZ is an open check-book... Very parallel rule set but TZ so much better and no reason to own both.

#193 7 years ago

I would to know too If whirlwind is deserving his ranking?
    Thanks

#194 7 years ago
    Quoted from sleepygtr:

AF for me, I had played it a few times in youth and liked it and got caught up in the hype of owning one. Bit the bullet and bought one, played it for a good six months, and then sold it for what I paid. To me, as a TZ owner, AF is what happens when
    Pat Lawlor is on a budget, TZ is an open check-book... Very parallel rule set but TZ so much better and no reason to own both.

If AF is TAF i agree. Especially the audio drives me crazy.
    Nevertheless I think TAF is a special case as it very much changed the way pinball rulesets are designed. I have a lot of respect for TAF and would rate it high just because of that, but still I don't enjoy playing it very much.

I don't think he was especially on a budget with TAF, but since TAF was such a game changer they just gave him the freedom to do whatever he wants with TZ. Without the success of TAF this would never have been possible.

#195 7 years ago

You might find this interesting: http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=New_Things_in_..._Continued

The added rules are not bad at all, but large parts of the software feels completely detached from the original code. It often just doesn't blend into the original musical score and callouts very well which bothers me a lot.

#196 7 years ago

Do you really think that current ranking is evaluating this new software?

If you're rating CC without the new code, then I don't think anybody would consider it overrated. It's collectible, yes. But not overrated...a lot of Pinsiders have sold theirs or just don't have many nice things to say about it.

And I'm pretty sure CCC has a wizard mode - I've just never gotten to it because I suck. Maybe somebody else can chime in...

#197 7 years ago

I think CC is overrated in the original condition. Many pins are much more interesting to play, x-men, GoT, rbion, BBB etc..

#198 7 years ago

Anything priced over $2k

1 week later
    #199 7 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

While I don't agree with everything noted here, I like the format, so I'm goin' with my list and why. I'm going down the list from #1 until I get to the 10th overly rated game.
    1) Medieval Madness. Shoot the castle, survive, shoot the castle survive, shoot the castle, survive, you get the idea. After about 40-50 shots, you have defeated the King of Payne and won the tournament. All that awesomeness reduced to a 1 shot game. Truly saddening... CALLING MYSTERY PROGRAMMER!
    2) Indiana Jones (WMS). Shoot the center lock, start multiball. Shoot the center lock, start multiball, shoot the center lock and buggy software that make a billion points go away right quick.
    3) Theater of Magic. Shoot the left orbit, lap around the PF, shoot the left orbit, lap around the PF, (starting to see a pattern here?!?). Talk to Lyman and discuss pinball rules.
    4) Tales of Arabian Nights. Look at the pretty game, exploit numerous rules that negate any real earned points on the table. A great game for the girlfriend and museum piece/mod collectors.
    5) Circus Voltaire. Another game that needs serious s/w revision. Eternal wizard mode takes all the fun out of being rewarded for playing well. This one was a tough one for me as I REALLY like the game, until that point. Then... ugh.
    6) Metallica. This is a good game, not a great game. Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, Shoot Sparky, survive, try and get a stack in there somewhere. I still have hope for the S/W revision, but 'Tallikuh Fanboys need to watch Some kind of monster and remember that half these guys are whiny little bitches who grew into everything they ever rebelled against as kids and are too stupid to see the irony looking back at them in the mirror.
    7) Wizard of Oz. Potential is the word for this deck. New tech and a brilliant ruleset cannot save the awkward PF and new boards that need to be put into this game for it to work as it should. Like Metallica, I'll give this more time, but right now, it is severely overrated. Find a working one if you can and enjoy the theater this game has. I'd still rather have a game that has game within it.
    Elvira and the Party Monsters. Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, Left Ramp to the right flipper feed, I think you get the idea. I love the character and artwork on this game, but Mystery Programmer needs to step in on this deck.
    9) Judge Dredd. This one is particularly painful for me as I absolutely loved the comics as a kid and this deck embodies the feel of the comics and has all the dark judges in it, but this game just doesn't put it together with gameplay. Feel the pain!
    10) Champion Pub. I'd rather skip a real rope.
    Top SS Runners up:
    Guns and Roses. I like Slash. The game suffers from so much wonderful input and ideas and not enough game/rule testing. Standard issue procedure at DE. Select super pops and keep putting it in there until you 9 it out. What a shame.
    Bk2k. Play this game with your right hand.
    Bride of Pinbot. Enjoy the theater, this game is a 1 shot game that will insta-boot when the second player gets the Bil club. Johnny Mnemonic. Gitcher spinner mod on. Or else.
    Top 10 underrated games:
    1) TZ. at #2. This game should be at #1, by a looooooooooooooooooooong mile. There is no comparison. Disagree if you must, but you are welcome to stop by Casa Del 2 Step and bear witness to what the real deal is.
    2) The Shadow. A true players game if there ever was one.
    3) Bram Stoker's Dracula. Another true player that is being grabbed up by those who know. Utterly brutal and relentless.
    4) Congo. Not your average layout and ruleset, but DAY-UM... what a great game! Tron owes it's entire left hand PF design to John Trudeau and this deck. Best skill shot in a DMD that I can think of.
    5) Roadshow. This deck oozes character and while I will admit that it is not the best balanced game out there, this deck is a much better player than people give it credit for. The only thing in my home that plays cuntry music.
    6) Indianapolis 500. A table that stays true to its theme. You don't stop, ever. Even when you get the big whammy score, this deck keeps on racing at lighting speed!
    7) Tales from the Crypt. A true player that would have made DE as good as B/W if they had this kind of product with more of their releases. I'd love to have one some day.
    Corvette. A really good game. From what I understand this was supposed to be a wide body and GG squeezed this table into a narrower body. It made the shots tighter and this game requires quite a bit of skill to get it to sing.
    9) Starship Troopers. A much better game than people give it credit for. The flipper layout deserves particular attention on this table.
    10) World Cup Soccer '94. This game has been in at least one bank (almost) every year at PAPA since it has been released. People say this game is too easy or boring... it can be. Do some work and modify/adjust/tune this deck to a challenging level and quitcher' bitchin'!
    Special note goes to World Poker Tour. If you don't "get it", I understand. It took me a long time to do so. But I gave it a real chance and once you do too... Ohhh, the pinball pleasure!
    Also, Goldeneye... when properly maintained and tuned, is a great game and a much better player than most people know. I know I didn't know until the past year.
    EM Overrated top games. Now while EM's are a different animal and encompass a wider range of vintages and technological advances, I consider them to be as much of a player's game as SS/DMD's. While player skill sets may be different, they are all valid. However, there are a few notable exceptions to the general rating system:
    1) Centigrade 37. A fantastic looking game that falls way short in the gameplay dept. This is a damn shame, because all the goods are on the PF. The rules on this game just aren't that challenging.
    2) Joker Poker / Eye of the Tiger and many games on the EM/SS dual production cliff. When SS games have better rulesets than their EM counter parts, museum collector/ low production enthusiasts may rejoice. I do not.
    3) Multiplayer EM's with less robust rules than their single player counterparts. El Dorado/ Gold Strike's offspring make for a much less challenging game. I understand the the op with games on the street wants multiplayer games, and I do enjoy them. I just enjoy the single player games much, much, much more.
    Alright, there goes my lunch break. Now I'm off to work on the pin-fu!

I can't agree with you about MM.

If i try to make a comparison with BSD That is underrated in your opinion because it is a true player game. You mean you need to nudge this table to get alive?
    So make MM harder coz the gameplay is way more difficult and deeper than BSD. I really like BSD and the progressive way to get 30m jackpot and callouts are coming with. It is strategy to get all MB but progressive. MM is much more difficult to score high with multiball. Atmosphere is also awesome and there is a Wizard mode. MM is so much more than shoot the Castle and survive.

MM is not at the top of this ranking for nothing. I don't know If it deserves its first place but i'm sure it is a top 5 easily even nowadays. I can't understand why you rate so high an Attack From Mars in the same time. This is quite the same game.

#200 7 years ago

Are we talking top 10, top 25? Are we looking at Pinside top rated games? Or, just a list of games I think suck. That's a long list.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-overrated-games/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.