Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Waxx
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-19.jpg
    image-115.jpg
    laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif
    no3.gif
    no2.gif
    no.gif
    There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 9 years ago

I just saw the underrated thread so I thought how about over?

My number 1 AFM. I know let the hate begin.

#2 9 years ago

everything rated higher than STTNG

#3 9 years ago

Scared Stiff and Getaway.

#5 9 years ago

Champion Pub

#6 9 years ago

The Getaway,NGG and G&R.

#8 9 years ago

TZ fo sho

#9 9 years ago

AFM, MM, TZ, TAF, SS, WH20, most of the top 20 B/W which I've owned and yes loved but just do not hold up anymore to the likes of the newer Sterns and while not a WOZ fan JJP The Hobbit I think will set the bar pretty high. Please don't get me wrong if you love B/W games I'm very happy for you just my opinion.

#10 9 years ago

So Skristof. I guess you're alluding to previous posts of the same topic. So there mustn't be any new opinions of pins or those who haven't commented on previous threads, such as myself. Thanks for sharing the gif though but we were okay without it.

#11 9 years ago

Close friend has woz. I must say I'm excited to see the hobbit.

#12 9 years ago

Anything I can't afford

#14 9 years ago

Scared Stiff and Tom for me

#15 9 years ago

AFM and T2 are totally overrated in my opinion. And I've seen the gif of the man beating the dead horse so many times that I want to post a gif of a man beating a dead horse every time I see it.

#16 9 years ago

Classic one man's trash is another man's treasure scenario. You'll get pretty much the same list if you ask for everyone's favorite pin. Personally, I like a variety of pins and wouldn't be happy with just one style. I enjoy both WOZ and ST, TZ and HS, etc. I recently sold my only EM and look forward to the day when I can have another. Variety is the spice of life.

#17 9 years ago

MM way overrated

#18 9 years ago

Attack from mars, and addams family. Most over rated.
    They dont even belong in top 20.

#20 9 years ago

Scared Stiff and ACDC. I generally agree with what's in the top 20 otherwise.

#21 9 years ago

Revenge from mars

#22 9 years ago

Twilight Zone - It's a favorite of mine... but #2 of all time? No way.
    Theater of Magic - It's fun, but gets old. Plus the marquee looks like a Trapper Keeper from 1987.
    Spider Man - I like this one, but like TZ and TOM, it's just not a top 10 pin IMO.
    Tales of the Arabian Nights- Maybe the MOST overrated pin on Pinside IMO. Every mode is the same. I love the art, music, and theme, but the game itself... meh.
    Cirqus Voltaire - Ooh! Maybe TOTAN isn't the most overrated...
    Funhouse - it's just alright...
    The Getaway - It's fun, but there's no way in Hell this game is better than IM, BSD, XM, FT, etc...
    No Good Gofers - admittedly, I haven't played this one much, but it's never done anything for me. Seems very mediocre.
    BTDK - Why the f*** is there a crane in this game? Oh... because Scarecrow's real name is Crane! Brilliant! Seriously though, I was soooo excited for this game and saw it as one I'd consider owning. Then it came out, blew goats, and had a shitty art package to go along with its mediocre gameplay. Sad face.
    Road Show - meh

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Tz for me was bleh. Had it twice too.

For me the other way around. Used to totally not get the hype. Recently restored one for someone, added a Pin Pro audio system and bam...loved it and finally just got my own a couple weeks ago. Really enjoying learning to play it after ignoring it all these years. Not surprised a few mentioned AFM. It looks deceptively simple. When we got them in new to sell I didn't understand why it was even released! Then the awesome collection reports started coming in from pin operators so I took a second look at it and it really is an amazing game. By the time the earning reports started coming in the game was already out of production! I scored one from a long time customer of mine that had it in a golf course game room...for $1300! That was 8 years ago. I sold it for $5000 3 years ago and really regret it now.

#24 9 years ago

Agree with those that mentioned TOTAN. I really want to love it. Love absolutely everything about it...except the game play. Can't stand the genie shot. Kind of important to enjoy the game play I guess!

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Twilight Zone - It's a favorite of mine... but #2 of all time? No way.
    Theater of Magic - It's fun, but gets old. Plus the marquee looks like a Trapper Keeper from 1987.
    Spider Man - I like this one, but like TZ and TOM, it's just not a top 10 pin IMO.
    Tales of the Arabian Nights- Maybe the MOST overrated pin on Pinside IMO. Every mode is the same. I love the art, music, and theme, but the game itself... meh.
    Cirqus Voltaire - Ooh! Maybe TOTAN isn't the most overrated...
    Funhouse - it's just alright...
    The Getaway - It's fun, but there's no way in Hell this game is better than IM, BSD, XM, FT, etc...
    No Good Gofers - admittedly, I haven't played this one much, but it's never done anything for me. Seems very mediocre.
    BTDK - Why the f*** is there a crane in this game? Oh... because Scarecrow's real name is Crane! Brilliant! Seriously though, I was soooo excited for this game and saw it as one I'd consider owning. Then it came out, blew goats, and had a shitty art package to go along with its mediocre gameplay. Sad face.
    Road Show - meh

Except for Funhouse, which is easily a top three for me, I couldn't agree more with your list and your comments!

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jor0822:

AFM and T2 are totally overrated in my opinion. And I've seen the gif of the man beating the dead horse so many times that I want to post a gif of a man beating a dead horse every time I see it.

We need a man beating a man beating a dead horse gif.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

everything rated higher than STTNG

STTNG !

(sorry mate)

#28 9 years ago

AC/DC and Tron, both mediocre games at best, but people seem to go thru the roof on them because of the themes. Not hating on Stern, TZ and AFM are equally over-rated B/W's!!

#29 9 years ago

TAF. No thank you Thing. Sorry most of the pinball world.

#30 9 years ago

KISS

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bok013:

I just saw the underrated thread so I thought how about over?
    My number 1 AFM. I know let the hate begin.

hey guess what. i agree.

good call

#34 9 years ago

CV, TAF, T2, Getaway,

#35 9 years ago

Change your thread title to "what games does everyone else like that you don't". I think the ratings are pretty indicative of what is fun. If one where to throw names of the top 25 five games in one hat and 26-50 in another, I'm pretty sure we'd all be grabbing from the former and not the latter. For the sake of argument, all games have the same value (you can't sell).

Sorry if this is gibberish, no coffee yet me have.

#36 9 years ago

TOM
    AFM
    Slick chick (best EM according to IPDB !!?)

#37 9 years ago
    #38 9 years ago

SS and CC... otherwise, I'd say the top 30 is pretty much spot-on...outside of the top 30, I'd say the Getaway is given too much love.

But hey...each to his own. Play what you like!

#39 9 years ago

Xenon...Not even a Top 20 Pre-1983 SS game. Great backglass like Space Invaders but gameplay blows.

#40 9 years ago

I find It hard to believe. No one has said MB. MB is a fun game but in the top 5 .... Really!

#41 9 years ago

Any Bally/Williams late sys11 > WPC game.

Don't rate the manufacturer, rate the game.

#42 9 years ago

BSD, it's so damn ugly, if it didn't have the mist multi ball gimmick no one would even remember it.

#43 9 years ago

CP too; WOZ is ok CV way too easy

#44 9 years ago

Over rated meaning bang for buck? the Lore of the game? what?

For me...
    CP
    WOZ
    KISS

#45 9 years ago

Can we get a universal opinion/definition on what "overrated" means?

I mean, if a game still holds a high percentage of appeal among collectors and players, and the demand/price is there, how exactly can it be overrated?

If a game sucks, the demand and price pretty much reflects it, with a few exceptions that hard core collectors may value for whatever reason like small production, etc... Doesn't it?

#46 9 years ago

Scared Stiff. It shouldn't be in the top 100.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Can we get a universal opinion/definition on what "overrated" means?
    I mean, if a game still holds a high percentage of appeal among collectors and players, and the demand/price is there, how exactly can it be overrated?
    If a game sucks, the demand and price pretty much reflects it, with a few exceptions that hard core collectors may value for whatever reason like small production, etc... Doesn't it?

Its just the opinion of a single individual really. If the charts say its a top 20 game, than that's what the rating system and its allowed votes have put them at. These overrated threads (which come up every few months) are just for someone to express that they disagree with that top 20 pin. But, the majority (based on the ratings) still disagree with him/her.

I still have to put TAF out there and my personal pic of overrated. It never clicked with me and I like horror themes.

#48 9 years ago

Mermaid, Slick Chick, Fireball, Kiss, Rocky, Xenon, Haunted House, Black Hole, Theatre of Magic, Scared Stiff, Champion Pub, Revenge From Mars.

#49 9 years ago

WH20 is fun but definitely not worth the price that they command in my opinion.

#50 9 years ago

For me, any highly-rated widebody (TZ, STTNG, IJ) I just do not enjoy them for some reason.

Thinking something is "overrated" is usually a search for justification of a minority view, so you don't feel you're alone in your thinking.

Such as: Anybody else think the movie "Idiocracy" was a steaming pile of crap? I do, but most people seem to like it.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-overrated-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.