Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by xsvtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Cruise (resized).jpeg
    GOLD WINGS PST 1 (resized).jpg
    80DAB928-3781-4CDA-9C99-BD40F666D15B.jpeg
    996FC0BC-87FA-4426-A221-09B934ACA5D2.jpeg
    56D0C66A-5F18-4E0D-BC31-DD44A2772746 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 1 year ago

See this movie asap as soon as you can in theaters, ideally a Dolby Cinema theater. Just saw it tonight in an AMC Dolby Cinema theater with Atmos, amazing!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

People used to go to the movies to see a film on the big screen. With the evolution of home theaters and sound systems, people could afford to buy a superior setup at home also referred to as a big screen, and rivaling the movie theater experience. As mentioned, this happened right as Top Gun came out and once it was released to video, it was the definitive dvd that you could demonstrate your home system. Also it was #1 film used in consumer electronics stores to sell big tv’s and projectors and 5.1 / 6.1 / 7.1 sound systems. The movie is dripping in testosterone and home theaters can really shine bright, like a diamond. IMAX took things to the next level with picture size, picture detail and sound on 70mm format. I wonder if one day the home theater can evolve into become more of an IMAX experience where everything is just better. IMAX 3D is pretty good too but require viewer to wear special glasses. Home theaters have already cracked the 3D market without requiring glasses, but it doesn’t seem so popular now because of lack of content.

Yeah, it was a blast seeing the film in theaters. I recently upgraded my home theater, 120" 2:39 screen, dual 15" subwoofers, new receiver, new 4K projector, Dolby Atmos 5.2.2 setup (two Atmos speakers in the ceiling). It's awesome but I'll admit seeing the movie at an AMC Dolby Theater on the big screen with a crazy sound setup + massive screen is superior. I only go to the theaters now for certain big spectacle type movies, Top Gun Maverick is one of them that is well worth it IMO. Plus its fun to go out with my wife and make a date night out of it with dinner.

My biggest complain about going to the movies is that there's always at least one rude person, it's one of the reasons why I built my own home theater. Someone is either talking during the movie or is on their phone which is distracting. No amount of "Please don't talk during the movie" and "Turn your phone off" ads seems to stop everyone, some people just don't care if they are rude. Sure enough like clockwork this happened yesterday for me in a theater with maybe 30 people in it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-gun-maverick-summer-2020?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.