Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vassq
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5745 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5741 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5668 (resized).JPG
    3EC9A9D6-570D-45C6-AFE7-B46EDF78B2E2 (resized).jpeg
    AEA7661D-324D-4CF3-8E12-E02980D6D8C4 (resized).jpeg
    B491DD98-8C1D-43C9-B9E3-0E45569F27B6 (resized).jpeg
    CE801F99-6C6F-47EF-B3BB-7E214DC405FD (resized).jpeg
    3065DDFC-B876-4546-AB9E-C91208B80824 (resized).jpeg
    950EACC2-6D3B-4B24-BB15-C755A77F840A (resized).jpeg
    C2D2CD6D-D619-49B8-92EA-E08D4C81E9E6 (resized).jpeg
    C620455A-A08B-46F3-A784-29CA7C596F4A (resized).jpeg
    0EB6737A-899E-42F3-84DC-11479E11E635 (resized).jpeg
    1CCDBEBE-0E99-45B0-935F-91DA4B796FDC (resized).jpeg
    86B17661-56C5-41A6-97D7-D67F3AC4FE68 (resized).jpeg
    intro-1519073638 (2) (resized).jpg
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

As suggested in the Top five EM's wanted post:

Quoted from singlezero:Well after responding to this I had a captain card hight hand on. My 5 most wanted . I had been following an add in Quebec for one for 900 but. Didn't want to take the 8 plus hour trip.
    Anyways a listing came up for a pinnball for free and it had been posted for 7 mins I found his number on another of his ads. A high hand for free! Oh it's a mouse nest. And baad caab repaint but plastics good. Playfield good except common kick out hole scar and backglass perfect but a few scratches I to right of credit wheel . Schematics? Yes backdoor yes. I paid him 25 bucks for honouring my call and to boot it was 30 mins from my house.
    Can't believe the karma now if anyone wants to start a thread of 5 Em's you most want to get rid of maybe I'd have better luck selling a few

Here is a place to list the top five EM's you would like to sell to make room for your top five you want to add. For me, I don't really want sell any of them, but I am overloaded, so here's my list:

Gottlieb Stock Car
    Williams El Toro
    Gottlieb Melody
    Gottlieb Flipper Clown
    Gottlieb Ice Show

#2 6 years ago

1. Pro-Football
    2. maybe Top Score

Rest are keepers for now...

#3 6 years ago

I only have 3 at the moment with room for two. It looks like Daffie may be leaving Saturday which solves my overflow problem. Dancing Lady is a players game but it's staying. Which leaves Hearts and Spades. I'm perfectly content with keeping it for now. It's a pretty fun game, but I'd sell it if something more interesting came available. I don't have a top five I'm searching for. Decided it's more fun to take what comes along.

1. Hearts and Spades

#4 6 years ago

Pioneer/Spirit of 76
    Flipper Clown
    Grand Canyon
    Prospector

already sold my Stock Car

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I only have 3 at the moment with room for two. It looks like Daffie may be leaving Saturday which solves my overflow problem. Dancing Lady is a players game but it's staying. Which leaves Hearts and Spades. I'm perfectly content with keeping it for now. It's a pretty fun game, but I'd sell it if something more interesting came available. I don't have a top five I'm searching for. Decided it's more fun to take what comes along.
    1. Hearts and Spades

"Hearts and Spades" was my first pin ever. Bought it from an arcade nearly 40 years ago.
    I don't think I owned it more than three years. I still haven't gotten another one. Hard to find one in nice overall condition.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"Hearts and Spades" was my first pin ever. Bought it from an arcade nearly 40 years ago.
    I don't think I owned it more than three years. I still haven't gotten another one. Hard to find one in nice overall condition.

It's a nice game. I like it. It could stick around and I'd be fine with it. Mine has a mediocre playfield with yucky amateur clear coat. The good news is it peels off with a finger nail. That's my next project. Clean off the old clear coat and replace a broken pop bumper rod/ring.

#7 6 years ago

Pretty much the ones I already got rid of.

#8 6 years ago

I don't "want to get rid" of any of mine, but I'm currently beyond capacity. I'd love to be able to work out a deal for someone to take multiples of mine for one of theirs. There are a handful of my EMs that I will either never sell or that aren't currently for sale, but I'd currently be willing to re-home three of them...

Williams Blue Chip
    Williams Little Chief
    Williams Fun Fest (have an extra playfield which I am planning to restore and do a playfield swap this winter if I don't find it a new home)

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from aahgo:

Here is a place to list the top five EM's you would like to sell to make room for your top five you want to add.

Nothing at this point as I only have two machines total. Need to buy more, not sell!

#10 6 years ago

You guys should consider putting a possible price tag next to game incase someone wants to reach out to you.
    -Mike

#11 6 years ago

Diamond Jack

Odd wedge out due to some pretty reckless impulse purchases. The rest are keepers

#12 6 years ago

Can't blame you for that. I had a King of Diamonds, the replay version and that was about the shortest lived game in my collection. Some games are easy to beat, but this one took that to a whole new level.

#13 6 years ago

I don't know, it might look good next to my KoD. Too bad I'm not close to You Bet.

#14 6 years ago

I'm not usually an Add-A-Ball guy, but I prefer Diamond Jack to KOD by a pretty wide margin. Like a lot of Gottliebs, all of the targets in KOD have the same value and you don't get a bonus for completing the set (except a knock noise)... so there's no point chasing down the risky shots if you want to get a high score or win a tourney. In fact, better to avoid the entire roto-card unit altogether!

How to win KOD: Shoot for the standup K or Q targets and hope for a lot of bounces up there. Repeat.

Flip-A-Card has a similar strategy: Catch the ball, shoot to top lanes. Ignore everything else. Repeat.

(yes, a bit of sarcasm here... I think the games would be much more fun to award 2000 points or something for finishing the set)

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I had a King of Diamonds, the replay version and that was about the shortest lived

Same here when I traded in a King of Diamonds. I couldn't believe the difference in game play to
    Diamond Jack which actually is one of my favorite Wedge Heads..

Believe me, it didn't stick around long enough for me to figure that out,
    but a good playing D.J. is a great game, and although I have gotten good
    scores, I haven't flipped one yet..

#16 6 years ago

Looks like I'm late to defending how fun Jack is for the home player as opposed to KoD.

#17 6 years ago

Oh since I suggested this thread I guess I'd better respond. I guess the title is misleading it's not saying these machines or clunkers . I guess. Most of us have capacity issues or lack of time or just not one of your favourites for any number of reasons . For instance the OP wants to get rid of El toro, melody and flipper clown but I'm not wanting to part with those titles yet( has a singalongg not melody).

1 big Indian ( has a big brave now) rough shape but probably my favourite 70s em to play
    2. Big deal ( it's no big deal)
    3 gottlieb gridiron) nice player but it's never quite got its hook in me
    4 1947 bowling champ needs some work has a shay bg but no room for this woodrail
    5 one of my 60s wedheads to make room for one coming

#18 6 years ago

Just got a nice Gottlieb Flipper Parade up and running nicely.
    No room for it so it will be leaving first.
    After that maybe A-Go-Go but we really are having a great time playing it right now.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

maybe A-Go-Go but we really are having a great time playing it right now

We are still having a lot of fun with that one as well. It hasn't yet given me the feeling it may have to go someday.

Plus there are only so many short flipper multiplayer Williams games, and so far those seem to have more staying power than many of the others.

#20 6 years ago

Gottlieb Atlantis (own 2)
    Sing Along ( own 2)
    Road Race
    Top Card
    Gottlieb Bowling Queen

However, none are for sale

#21 6 years ago

Keep going guys. I'm looking for a couple of EMs and I haven't seen them here for sale yet

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from singlezero:

For instance the OP wants to get rid of El toro, melody and flipper clown

Actually...I really like all three of these titles, but I can't keep them all!

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Can't blame you for that. I had a King of Diamonds, the replay version and that was about the shortest lived game in my collection. Some games are easy to beat, but this one took that to a whole new level.

Did Herb get your "KOD"? He's a big fan of that game. I really like it myself, and maybe even a bit more than "Diamond Jack" because of the red "specials". Both are truly gorgeous and unique wedgeheads. I don't find "KOD" to be too much of a patsy. It's so much fun to play, and having five target faces on that carousel-style roto to shoot at is a blast.

#24 6 years ago

My only one,Strange World

#25 6 years ago

Gottlieb Majorettes
    Gottlieb Skyline
    Gottlieb Sweet Hearts

#26 6 years ago

Hi.For me it will be:
    Merry go round
    sweet hearts
    super soccer
    Now
    Bank a ball ( i have 2)

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Did Herb get your "KOD"? He's a big fan of that game. I really like it myself, and maybe even a bit more than "Diamond Jack" because of the red "specials". Both are truly gorgeous and unique wedgeheads. I don't find "KOD" to be too much of a patsy. It's so much fun to play, and having five target faces on that carousel-style roto to shoot at is a blast.

No, I sold it to rat_tamago and I think he then sent it over seas. It was hit the five target faces and then spin roto and hit the rest that made this game particularly easy for me.

Not a big fan of roto targets to begin with, but I when I play one I like the target to be somewhat of a challenge.

#28 6 years ago

It's a tie between two:
    1. Palooka: it's fun to play, but add-a-ball gameplay isn't my thing.
    1. Teacher's Pet: my least played pin, but I like playing it, and I love the theme.

#29 6 years ago

Whoops

#30 6 years ago

I'd probably sell.
    1961 Chicago Coin Pro Basketball
    1956 Williams 4 Bagger
    1950 Skee Alley
    That is if the right buyer came along that didn't make it a pain in the ass.

For a healthy enough offer I'd consider
    1958 Bally Skill Roll
    1960 Midway Shooting Gallery
    1952 Munves Set Shot Basketball

1 week later
    #31 6 years ago

Wow Alex! I just saw your CL ads for the Basketball and the baseball. Great looking games. Wish I had the space and the free cash...unless you want to a package deal...some of my EM's for one of yours?

#32 6 years ago

Thinking I'd like to scale back a bit. I may consider a partial trade but cash is king.

#33 6 years ago

1949 Utah
    1964 Palooka

I'd like to trade these two games together as a package deal for a nice woodrail or a good wedgehead. I'll consider selling them separately though.

Bruce

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Gottlieb Majorettes
    Gottlieb Skyline
    Gottlieb Sweet Hearts

Majorettes is on my bucket list.

The 5 to go of my 21.

Outer Space
    Flipper Pool
    Flipper
    Aladdins Castle
    Melody ( have K&Q & Pleasure Isle all games with the 4 kickout configuration)

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Looks like I'm late to defending how fun Jack is for the home player as opposed to KoD.

Funny but DJ is 3rd on my list of lineup keepers . Pleasure Isle & Astro are 1 & 2. Neptune 4th (wife loves it) Delta Queen (sentimental reasons)

#36 6 years ago

Neptune
    Queen of Diamonds

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwhoo:

Neptune
    Queen of Diamonds

Neptune??? You must want the money

#38 6 years ago

Spin A Card. Pretty machine, pure Poker, you don't even care what the high score is, you just need a Royal Flush. Sentimental because its my only small flipper (with yellow dot in it) and still enjoy playing it. Rather try something new.
    Out Of Sight. Again, my only drop target game, still enjoy playing it. Just a little jumbled in the logic, like the designer was smokin what the crowd on the back glass seemed to be.
    Repairing the house and looking for cash calves or I wouldn't consider letting either go.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

I could use it, upcoming billings. Everyone knows how that goes.

#40 6 years ago

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

#41 6 years ago

Didn't take long for 4-Square to wear out it's welcome around here if anybody is looking for one in good player's condition.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

couldn't unload mine fast enough..did nothing for me.

#43 6 years ago

Rarity does not always a great player make.

#44 6 years ago

Anyone want rid of a Gottlieb High Hand in Central PA? Had two, sold both 15 years ago.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Rarity does not always a great player make.

In novelty mode I cant get enough of the 5 knocker hits for a rollover... On my HtD I moved the 1000's chime lead to the knocker to get a similar sound.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

In novelty mode I cant get enough of the 5 knocker hits for a rollover

Then you should get an Ali Baba, where the knocker was designed for scoring, not replays. That thing will drive you nuts after a while.

My 1948 Buccaneer has the same feature but not quite as prevalent.

#47 6 years ago

I don't really want to sell any of these, but nonetheless, expect to be offering these all for sale in the near future:

1. 1956 Gtb Derby Day
    2. 1957 Gtb Ace High
    3. 1959 Gtb Straight Shooter
    4. 1966 Gtb Subway
    5. 1976 Gtb Surf Champ

All are projects to varying degrees.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I don't really want to sell any of these, but nonetheless, expect to be offering these all for sale in the near future:
    1. 1956 Gtb Derby Day
    2. 1957 Gtb Ace High
    3. 1959 Gtb Straight Shooter
    4. 1966 Gtb Subway
    5. 1976 Gtb Surf Champ
    All are projects to varying degrees.

Hmm, Surf champ.... what's your ballpark price?

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Hmm, Surf champ.... what's your ballpark price?

Not sure offhand as it was one of the first games I bought and I'll need to pull it out of storage, check it over, and take some pics yet. Feel free to PM me in the meantime if you wish.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Gottlieb Majorettes
    Gottlieb Skyline
    Gottlieb Sweet Hearts

Been looking for both Majorettes and Sweet Hearts to pop up for sale around me.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-five-ems-youd-like-to-sell/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.