Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Glass or no glass?”

• Glass 2 votes
      11%
    • No glass 16 votes
      89%

(18 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-1.jpeg
    #1 12 years ago

If I plan on doing some top-down gameplay footage would having the playfield glass on or off be preferred? I like the reduced noise level of having the glass on and I don't think glare would be an issue considering the camera angle, especially with PDI glass.

#2 12 years ago

Glass off unless you want to look like an amateur. Use a line out from the game if you want clean audio, or put a microphone directly in front of one of the speakers if you want not quite so clean audio.

#3 12 years ago

no glass.

#4 12 years ago

+1

And consider safety glasses if you have a particularly spirited table with a tendency to get balls airborne

#5 12 years ago

What about filming with PDI glass on?

#6 12 years ago

If you're using the PDI glass go ahead and leave it installed and enjoy the reduced noise level. Also the PDI glass not only cuts the glare but it enhances the colors and artwork. Really makes the playfield pop. You will still need a Glare Guard for the DMD glare although it is greatly reduced by the PDI glass.

#7 12 years ago

Glass oFf is a must, when I see a video with the glass on I just stop watching. Cannot see the ball.

Post edited by ovfdfireman : Misspelling

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

If you're using the PDI glass go ahead and leave it installed and enjoy the reduced noise level. Also the PDI glass not only cuts the glare but it enhances the colors and artwork. Really makes the playfield pop. You will still need a Glare Guard for the DMD glare although it is greatly reduced by the PDI glass.

Yeah, I should have remembered that all the PAPA vids have pins with PDI installed.

#9 12 years ago

Glass off please...

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Glass off please...

Hahaa, nice NP! Have to go +1 on that.

#11 12 years ago

I just shot some footage of my AFM. I had the glass on and the mechs were still pretty loud. Glass off I think it would have sounded horrible. Only answer is to try both.

#12 12 years ago

Jersey Jack mentioned this in today's update:

In our next update we will show a video comparison of our new INVISIGLASS TM that is included on all ECLEWOZ games and of course, more, more, more...

I'm leaning toward the glass on approach. This will keep the noise down so Chris Granner's awesome sound work can be better heard through a direct sound mix. I don't see a reason PDI/INVISIGLASS will be unpopular as opposed to no glass if glare isn't going to be a problem. I'll have to test on site to see if there's any LCD glare.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hahaa, nice NP! Have to go +1 on that.

Make that +2 NP.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-down-video-glass-on-or-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.