Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jdapolito
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200917_182716171 (resized).jpg
    16008881347491522024229056715409 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 3 years ago

Almost done with a gottlieb Top card ,only problem is when I start a game ball is kicked out to shooter lane but playfield and flippers are dead also ball in play light 1 is not lit,so I shoot the ball ,it drains is kicked out to shooter lane ,now ball in play light 2 is lit and everything works ,when the last ball drains ,ball5, it is still kicked out to shooter lane and then game over lights and game is dead again ,as it should be ,can you give me some advice

#2 3 years ago

It sounds like your Ball Count unit needs adjustment. When the first ball is kicked and goes across the ball trough sw. it will advance the BCU once, which should put you at Ball 1. And the same thing is happening at the end, where it is off and doesn't go to GO until ball 5 crosses the trough sw.

Your BCU should look something like this and the rivets along the top correspond to the ball count. It will reset to '0', which is no rivet, then advance from there. Take a look at it after you've reset and started a new game and the first ball has gone to the shooter lane. It SHOULD sitting squarely on rivet #1. Loosen that arm to adjust.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#3 3 years ago

Ok now ball one works ,it was the switch in back of the ball count unit not making contact when the counter moved to ball one
    T he last remaining problem is when you play ball 5 and it drains it is kicked out into shooter lane and then the game goes to game over ,so to start an new game you have to shoot that ball so it drains then start a new game ,is it the game over switch or is there a last ball relay on gottlieb games
    And thanks for the good advice so far

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

when you play ball 5 and it drains it is kicked out into shooter lane and then the game goes to game over ,so to start an new game you have to shoot that ball so it drains then start a new game ,is it the game over switch or is there a last ball relay on gottlieb games

I don't have the schematic, but I'm guessing that the BCU will control that. Start a game and advance it by hand and see if it's lined up correctly on '6', which would be Game Over.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

when you play ball 5 and it drains it is kicked out into shooter lane and then the game goes to game over

If the Ball Count unit doesn't advance to position 6 when ball 5 falls in the outhole, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
    http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
    http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6 3 years ago

Only goes to game over after ball five is kicked out and ball rolls over trough switch
    I will check the circuit ,where is that switch located on score motor ,thanks ,my labels are all gone

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

where is that switch located on score motor

See 11A on the schematic for the location of the Motor 1A switch, although the other problems you report on this thread make the Ball Count unit disk a more likely cause.

#8 3 years ago

Ok I'll check it out again ,the only problem I'm having now is it kicks out ball five after it drains and then goes to game over ,

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

Ok I'll check it out again ,the only problem I'm having now is it kicks out ball five after it drains and then goes to game over ,

It kicks the ball out because the circuit I highlighted above isn't advancing the Add Ball Count solenoid to the game over position 6. Then when the ball kicks across the Trough switch that circuit finally does advance the Add Ball Count solenoid to the game over position 6.

#10 3 years ago

It sounds like the last ball relay isn’t pulling in after the ball drains on 4th ball, when ball rolls over the trough switch and advances to 5th ball, the last ball relay should pull in also. This should disable the outhole kicker and the need for the trough switch to advance the ball count unit

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

T he last remaining problem is when you play ball 5 and it drains it is kicked out into shooter lane and then the game goes to game over

There's more discussion about this problem here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-the-%e2%80%9cextra-ball-after-game-over%e2%80%9d-in-a-gottlieb-single-player-em

/Mark

#12 3 years ago

Thanks for the good info ,I went thru the O relay ,switched from 3 ball to five ball and back,no difference . Going to go thru switch 1a ,just wondered on this game I don't have a switch in position 3 1/2 ,is this correct ? And just out of curiosity on the paper label on one of the harnesses it says #362 (sample),what's the significance of any of this ,is it really a. Production sample ?

16008881347491522024229056715409 (resized).jpg16008881347491522024229056715409 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_182716171 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_182716171 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago

Thanks for the good info ,I went thru the O relay ,switched from 3 ball to five ball and back,no difference . Going to go thru switch 1a ,just wondered on this game I don't have a switch in position 3 1/2 ,is this correct ? And just out of curiosity on the paper label on one of the harnesses it says #362 (sample),what's the significance of any of this ,is it really a. Production sample ?

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from jdapolito:

I don't have a switch in position 3 1/2 ,is this correct ?

Likely should be one, but they don't really matter.

#15 3 years ago

Fixed, cleaned switch 1A contacts again and all the contacts on the ball count unit and it's working like it should
    Thanks for all the help

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-card-playfield-not-activated-until-ball-two?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.