Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mrclean
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sucker-Punch-Movie.jpg
    gigersalien.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

1.Alien/Aliens:
    This is number 1 right now because ... Started thinking about this after Prometheus came out on DVD. Just bougt the Blu-ray Anthology as well. Main reason? H.R.Giger!!! Been really into the art work that goes into pinball themes, etc. This guy's art always made my imagination run wild growing up..still does. Reason 2? I just signed on with SkitB's Predator. If they are smart, they'll follow up P with Aliens...its only natural. If they cant get the rights to do it, I'll cry. Maybe ask Giger himself??
    Would also require voice call outs from S. Weaver, you are welcome.
    2. Original Theme:
    I dont care if its Zombies, Roswell Aliens, or whatever. Just treat us with something cool, a throwback to the good ole' days of pinball with a primo art package. High quality JJP style. Bring what was good in the past to the standards/tech of today.
    3. The Legend Of Zelda:
    I think this would be a really pretty pin with great catchy music. I'm imagining working my way thru 7 diff dungeons and fighting a diff boss multiball at the end of each one. Gannon wizard mode..and then a second quest with new ruleset to navigate said dungeons..muahaha
    Was Link a member of the Captain N squad? I'd settle for a Nintendo pin featuring Nintendo allstars
    Megaman! Kid Icarus!! Give it to me...Would love to hear what Granner would do with crazy megaman music..ahhhhh
    4. Rush/ or Pink Floyd:
    Had to throw a music themed pin in here..I would play either of these at high volume
    5. Something Jim Henson:
    Give me a....Dark Crystal, Labrynth, Muppets, or even Sesame Street to teach young kids what pinball is all about and encourage parents to subject them to it. Brilliant!!!!!

gigersalien.jpggigersalien.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Led Zep before PF and/or Rush or any other band-based pin for that matter. Now that would be a whole lotta love.

#3 11 years ago

I could deal with Led Zepp...Tool would be kinda cool, just let Adam Jones work his magic on the lcd screen, he does all their videos for those who don't know..I know the pieces fit!

#4 11 years ago

#5 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - My favorite band. Lots of his music would translate nicely into pinball theme.

#4 Mad Science - original theme with all kinds of challenges for creating potions and other creations in a laboratory.

#3 Shark Week - Not sure how you would implement it, but I think there could be all kinds of cool toys and certainly a shark attack playfield below (congo style).

#2 The Big Lebowski - Would be an all time best for callouts

#1 Nightmare Before Christmas - The artwork alone would be worth seeing this theme made into a pinball. Then add the music and potential toys. Without a doubt it would be my first NIB purchase

If I had a sixth, a Rock n' Roll hall of fame pin would be a great music themed pin that could add all kinds of rock greats into one pin

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from triumph:

Led Zep before PF and/or Rush or any other band-based pin for that matter. Now that would be a whole lotta love.

Let's stick with RUSH - a band that actually still exists and is putting out great music?

#6 11 years ago

I really like Rush's new album Clockwork Angels

#7 11 years ago

5. Jaws
    4. Jaws
    3. Jaws
    2. Jaws
    1....guess what....Jaws

#8 11 years ago

I still haven't seen Jaws. I can't find it, despite looking on Hulu, Netflix, Blockbuster. It comes on like 1 time a year during shark week, but I always miss it because we don't have regular tv.

1. Sucker Punch
    2. Rocky Horror Pinball Show
    3. Little Shop of Horror
    4. Alien
    5. Original theme zombies, sharks, etc.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I still haven't seen Jaws.

#10 11 years ago

1. Van Halen
    2. Pee Wee Herman
    3. Fringe
    4. NFL - Pick your team
    5. Snoop Dogg

#11 11 years ago

I'm trying, I'm trying. I couldn't even find it to buy on Amazon awhile back. (I see it is on there now, will have to add to my Christmas list since apparently I'm "hard to buy for" and that's in the "more affordable than a pinball machine" range. lol) I have rode the Jaws ride at Universal Studios many times, so hopefully that counts for something.

#12 11 years ago

Ride does nothing compared to movie. Must See!

#13 11 years ago

Yes, a MUST see classic, watch and tell us what you think.

#14 11 years ago

1) The Matrix
    2) The Big Lebowski
    3) The Big Bang Theory
    4) Monty Python
    5) 300 ("THIS IS SPARTA!")

#15 11 years ago

HE-MAN and the MASTERS of the UNIVERSE pinball.... all_the_way!

#16 11 years ago

Watchmen, Monty Python, Axis and Allies, The Walking Dead Comic, Ween.

#17 11 years ago

1. Death Wish (incorporating DW 1-5)

2. Horror Slashers Spectacular (Freddy, Jason, MM, Chucky, Tall Man, etc)

3. The Count of Monte Cristo (original art and design inspired by the book)

4. Joy Division (table randomly starts shaking during gameplay)

5. Seven Samurai (japanese call-outs with subtitles on the dmd)

#18 11 years ago

Zombies!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

1.Alien/Aliens:
    This is number 1 right now because ... Started thinking about this after Prometheus came out on DVD. Just bougt the Blu-ray Anthology as well. Main reason? H.R.Giger!!! Been really into the art work that goes into pinball themes, etc. This guy's art always made my imagination run wild growing up..still does. Reason 2? I just signed on with SkitB's Predator. If they are smart, they'll follow up P with Aliens...its only natural. If they cant get the rights to do it, I'll cry. Maybe ask Giger himself??
    Would also require voice call outs from S. Weaver, you are welcome.
    2. Original Theme:
    I dont care if its Zombies, Roswell Aliens, or whatever. Just treat us with something cool, a throwback to the good ole' days of pinball with a primo art package. High quality JJP style. Bring what was good in the past to the standards/tech of today.
    3. The Legend Of Zelda:
    I think this would be a really pretty pin with great catchy music. I'm imagining working my way thru 7 diff dungeons and fighting a diff boss multiball at the end of each one. Gannon wizard mode..and then a second quest with new ruleset to navigate said dungeons..muahaha
    Was Link a member of the Captain N squad? I'd settle for a Nintendo pin featuring Nintendo allstars
    Megaman! Kid Icarus!! Give it to me...Would love to hear what Granner would do with crazy megaman music..ahhhhh
    4. Rush/ or Pink Floyd:
    Had to throw a music themed pin in here..I would play either of these at high volume
    5. Something Jim Henson:
    Give me a....Dark Crystal, Labrynth, Muppets, or even Sesame Street to teach young kids what pinball is all about and encourage parents to subject them to it. Brilliant!!!!!

I was with you until you got to numbers 3,4 and 5.

#20 11 years ago

1. An Iron Man for $500.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I still haven't seen Jaws. I can't find it, despite looking on Hulu, Netflix, Blockbuster. It comes on like 1 time a year during shark week, but I always miss it

You gotta be kidding....

#22 11 years ago

Nightmare before Christmas would be NIB at my house for sure.

Everyone loves Halloween in my house.

Honorable mention to any original Alien, Zombie or monster pinball machine.

As well as Matrix and Monty Python.

Anything Muppets and my GF will buy it NIB i am sure.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

3. The Legend Of Zelda:

Gottlieb was supposed to do this, but for whatever reason decided against it and released the game unlicensed as "Gladiators" instead.

Quoted from JimB:

4. NFL - Pick your team

Stern did this with a translite you could actually swap out for each team. It was also done by Data East as "Monday Night Football" back in the day. Having said that, a good NFL game would be nice (Just kidding all of you Striker Xtreme lovers!)

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'm trying, I'm trying. I couldn't even find it to buy on Amazon awhile back. (I see it is on there now, will have to add to my Christmas list since apparently I'm "hard to buy for" and that's in the "more affordable than a pinball machine" range. lol) I have rode the Jaws ride at Universal Studios many times, so hopefully that counts for something.

JAWS may be the perfect film ( and would be a great pin! ).
    My folks took me to see it when i was 5 on one of those huge 70mm giant screens they don't have anymore. Yes I had nightmares for weeks and still refuse to go in the ocean over my knees, but i loved every second.

Do yourself a favor, get the Bluray. If you don't have a bluray player, buy one. The new transfer is amazing. Unplug the phone, turn off the cell, dim the lights and enjoy.

--- then report back with what you have learned ---

have fun

#25 11 years ago

I would like to see JJP tie video games with pinball.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I would like to see JJP tie video games with pinball.

I like that idea...how about a "silent hill" or "resident evil". As for movie theme, I would love to see a Harry Potter pin.

#27 11 years ago

A Rob Zombie pin to satisfy the music and horror theme that everyone wants!!!

1. Rob Zombie
    2. Super Smash Bros.
    3. Submarine Theme (Could use a mech like on black rose)
    4. Evil circus Theme with black light playfield
    5. Insane Asylum Theme

I agree with the Legend of Zelda that would be awesome.

#28 11 years ago

Futurama X5!!!!

#29 11 years ago

1. Zombies
    2. Alien(s)
    3. Hobbit
    4. Automotive - Drifting
    5. Nikola Tesla

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Do yourself a favor, get the Bluray. If you don't have a bluray player, buy one.

I think that's why I never bought it before. If I did find it, it was an old copy. Bluray just came out this August 14th, per Amazon. We've got a home theater with 82" HD TV with 7.2 surround, etc, so I wanted a Bluray copy so it was good. (We can also do 3D at home but have never seen an option for this.) I'm sure it has to be better than the Predator 2 everyone on the Predator thread made me watch.

Rob Zombie pin would be cool, especially if it was a haunted house with zombie theme, with some blasting music. Dragula!!

#31 11 years ago

I have always said rob zombie would be an amazing horror theme great music great original art work drawn by rob himself it would be an instant classic !!

#32 11 years ago

Well im meeting Rob Zombie on Halloween so I will ask him. I'll Post Pics after the meet and greet.

#33 11 years ago

1. Army of Darkness
    2. Scooby Doo
    3. Weezer
    4. Cowboy Bebop
    5. Justice League

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I'm sure it has to be better than the Predator 2 everyone on the Predator thread made me watch.

Ummm, yes it's better than Predator 2. That's like expecting Medieval Madness to be better than Vacation America......sorry, a bit extreme but you get my point.

#35 11 years ago

1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    2. Office Space
    3. Kill Bill

Give me any of these, and I'd be in heaven.

#36 11 years ago

I informed my husband that Bluray Jaws was out, and he said it's already on my Christmas list.

I'm all for Kill Bill.

Gweem... have you seen Sucker Punch? That's my #1 pin wish now. It has a bit of a Kill Bill vibe to it. Cute girls in super tight outfits, doing brothel dances, kicking butt, fighting steampunk zombies/dragons/robots with katanas and guns, and all with a rocking soundtrack. Sucker-Punch-Movie.jpgSucker-Punch-Movie.jpg

#37 11 years ago

1. Futurama
    2. The Big Lebowski
    3. A better SP pin
    4. The Black Keys
    5. Le Mans (the McQueen film)

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Sucker Punch? That's my #1 pin wish now.

Would be an amazing theme with so much that could be done. The best part...hot chicks kicking some ass!! It would be a must have on my list for sure.

#39 11 years ago

1. Harry Potter
    2. Zombieland or Resident Evil
    3. Legos
    4. Aliens (if done by Skit B)
    5. Halloween theme (the holiday, not based on the movies)

#40 11 years ago

I too vote for Rush. I had a blast at their concert in Philly this past Friday. The Steampunk theme of their new album is perfect for an industrial themed pin.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from TxRox:

A Rob Zombie pin to satisfy the music and horror theme that everyone wants!!!

I think that is a great idea.

#42 11 years ago

A few good suggestions here and there in this thread, but for the most part I hope no one at Stern or JJP is reading this thread because there are some terrible ideas.

#43 11 years ago

1. Jaws
    2. Trains
    3. James bond, all movies
    4. FIFA

5. Serengeti

WILDEBEAST MULTIBALLLLLL!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

1. Jaws
    2. Trains
    3. James bond, all movies
    4. FIFA
    5. Serengeti
    WILDEBEAST MULTIBALLLLLL!

A lionel trains themed pin would be cool.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

1. Harry Potter
    2. Zombieland or Resident Evil
    3. Legos
    4. Aliens (if done by Skit B)
    5. Halloween theme (the holiday, not based on the movies)

Good suggestion...a Harry Potter pin seems like it should've been a no-brainer, and could help open up pinball to a younger and/or female audience

#46 11 years ago

1. hobbit
    2. matrix
    3. alien (anything outta space)
    4. zombies... yep!
    5. another star trek pin.

#47 11 years ago

also agree with harry potter, a dark version with voldemort.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

5. Jaws
    4. Jaws
    3. Jaws
    2. Jaws
    1....guess what....Jaws

#49 11 years ago

If it is about a younger/female demographic, Twilight wins.

Resident Evil is unique that it would incorporate, a video game franchise, a movie franchise and a zombie them into a pin. Hard to lose with that one.

#50 11 years ago

As what feels like the lone female around here, I would like to hopefully speak for the entire female population and give a big HELL NO to Twilight. Unless I get to repeatedly bash Kristen Stewart's face with the ball. He he.

Now, if you're talking True Blood that's a whole different story. Blood and sex and abs... oh my!

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-5-pinball-wishlist/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.