(Topic ID: 298587)

Top 5 most sought after titles in pinball.

By playtwowin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Four years here and I had no idea this existed.
    Very cool.

Except for all the no longer active accounts who are no longer looking for anything. I also doubt even active members edit their wanted list very often. Too much old data. Really, people are still clamoring for TZ?

#51 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Except for all the no longer active accounts who are no longer looking for anything. I also doubt even active members edit their wanted list very often. Too much old data. Really, people are still clamoring for TZ?

Further thought has me discounting TZ, etc. even more. Think how many of these wish lists were entered before a lot of more modern games even existed. That skews it terribly right off the bat.

Other than WOZ (2013), the newest games on that Top 20 are from 2003 (TSPP and LOTR). All the rest are old Williams/Bally.

I wonder how different that list would look if it only considered wish lists entered or edited within the last year (or something).

I see the site does record when a game is added to your wish list. So a date cutoff is possible. But a database query that counts all your wishes as long as one of them was entered in the past year is as close as we can get. Unless Robin has it saving old entries, marking them internally as removed with a removal date, then a query could also count all your entries if one was removed in the past year, to cover those that have removed entries but not added any. We would still lose those whose lists simply haven't changed in so long, but the result would still reflect reality better than "everyone still wants TZ, TAF, MM, ZZZZZZzzzzzzz....."

#67 2 years ago

Number produced / Number of Wants might be an interesting metric.

Examples:

TZ: 15235/1877 = 8.1 exist for every want
    TAF: 21270/1773 = 12 exist for every want
    R&M: 750/290 = 2.6 exist for every want
    Fathom: 3500/560 = 6.25
    CV: 2704/1057 = 2.56

My takeaway: no wonder R&M keeps going up in price! It rivals CV, which has been around 20 times longer!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-5-most-sought-after-titles-in-pinball-?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.