3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Maken
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tumblr_l8wfct9SXK1qajg12o1_400_(resized).jpg
    scarfaceialwaystellthetruthevenwheniliequote_(resized).jpeg
    194812_(resized).png
    20151202_104913_(resized).jpg
    1439344353365_(resized).jpg

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

My top five for fun?
    TFLE
    NGG
    RFM
    TZ
    T3
    I would absolutely have Spider-Man on this list although I haven't really had a chance to get to know the game well.

Are you asking us what your top 5 is?
    O.K., here goes. TZ is a good start, but man, you might wanna rethink the other 4 on your list.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

With my skill? Should I post your IFPA position? (#5962)
    Come play my LOTR.

One tournament, and I didn't give a shit (really...I may never compete again because it's just not my thing).

And I've always said...as long as my IFPA position is higher than my member number, I must be doing something right.

My LOTR is on factory settings, so no BS. It's just a really long game. If yours isn't, you just have it set up wrong or you're not very good.

Even my wife says so.

#53 3 years ago

Fun

Tron

TWD

Funhouse

MM

Getaway

#54 3 years ago

metallica
    tron
    lord
    im
    wd

#55 3 years ago

Fun under 2.5K

BF
    BR
    DM
    MSF
    TFTC

FUN over 2.5k

WH2O
    AFM
    MM
    WOZ
    IJ

#56 3 years ago
    #58 3 years ago

TRON
    STLE
    ACDC
    BBH
    BDK (w/lightening flippers)

#59 3 years ago

Everybody has their favorites
    Eight ball deluxe
    Acdc
    Attack from Mars
    Twilight zone
    Judge dread

#60 3 years ago

Fun to me yelling "Noooooo!" after I drain with only one shot remaining to start multi ball or to complete a mode. Then I just grin and plunge the next ball or hit the start button again and again. So...

1. IM
    2. Acdc
    3. ST
    4. The Getaway
    5. The "Next one".

#61 3 years ago

MB
    IJ
    BSD
    FGY
    TAF

In any order of which gets turned on first.

#63 3 years ago
    #65 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

You've got two to go...

Yeah I do.

MM
    WW

#66 3 years ago

WATER WORLD????????

#67 3 years ago

At 2K or very close

JM
    Dr.Dude
    Whirlwind
    Judge dredd
    BOP

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

WATER WORLD????????

A

That would be Whirlwind

#69 3 years ago

No, Waterworld and Whirlwind are each one work titles. White Water fits the WW abbreviation best.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

No, Waterworld and Whirlwind are each one work titles. White Water fits the WW abbreviation best.

Wrong, WW applies to both Waterworld and Whirlwind, typed in full will also work for all those games but White Water abb is WH20.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Wrong, WW applies to both Waterworld and Whirlwind, typed in full will also work for all those games but White Water abb is WH20.

Not Wrong. White Water was WW on RGP (where the abbreviations started) many years ago. It just eventually morphed into WH20 probably 10 years ago to avoid confusion. Obviously it is not a true abbreviation. Just like SS can mean Scared Stiff, Space Shuttle or even Solid State.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Not Wrong. White Water was WW on RGP (where the abbreviations started) many years ago. It just eventually morphed into WH20 probably 10 years ago to avoid confusion. Obviously it is not a true abbreviation. Just like SS can mean Scared Stiff, Space Shuttle or even Solid State.

oh yeah, who gives a shit what it was 10 years ago?

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

oh yeah, who gives a shit what it was 10 years ago?

Wow, you seem to turn this way in every thread you join. Have you noticed that? I could go on about the origins of the abbreviations or mention that every game you own is more than 10 years old but you never care or want to "hear" anything. You can't have a normal conversation or joke without turning to insults and swearing.

#74 3 years ago

I would buy a judge Dredd for 2k right now. It's like a unicorn

#75 3 years ago

Top 5 Fun is a moving target for me. Ends up being more of a 5 Most Played.

AFM
    MET
    WH20
    BSD
    TSPP

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, you seem to turn this way in every thread you join. Have you noticed that? I could go on about the origins of the abbreviations or mention that every game you own is more than 10 years old but you never care or want to "hear" anything. You can't have a normal conversation or joke without turning to insults and swearing.

You just need to spinach up and knock the old farts teeth out.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Sorry but its you, most people that know me understand how nice of a guy I am, maybe my humour is a little off but otherwise I'm a happy fella, I stated that you were wrong regarding current abb and like my LED's it seemed to be a big problem, I put a smiling face beside my post and you put schooling, cigar guy and banging you're head of the wall with you're correction, that resulted in my post, you could have said "it used to be this way and a lot of pinheads still go by that' you're just hiding you're insults and I can't do that. I see this a lot and because I'm real and honest it gets deemed nasty, well thats fine, me I tell the truth even when I lie.

scarfaceialwaystellthetruthevenwheniliequote_(resized).jpeg

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

... I'm real and honest it gets deemed nasty, ...

Dude

No, you do the classic troll game in many threads. I was not talking to you in this thread but you felt the need to jump in calling me "Wrong". You like to insult and argue for fun. Then, if you get called out and someone points out how you act in multiple threads you claim you are the nice guy. Boo hoo, you're misunderstood and no one understands your sense of humor. When actually people just see right through you.

Got it Dude

#79 3 years ago

MM
    WOZ
    TZ
    AC/DC
    RFM

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Dude
    No, you do the classic troll game in many threads. I was not talking to you in this thread but you felt the need to jump in calling me "Wrong". You like to insult and argue for fun. Then, if you get called out and someone points out how you act in multiple threads you claim you are the nice guy. Boo hoo, you're misunderstood and no one understands your sense of humor. When actually people just see right through you.
    Got it Dude

Don't call me Dude and you just proved my point again. I have never been considered a troll, thats laughable, and what mutliple threads are you referring too? You are wrong about the current abb's, so how is that trolling? I think the real reason you get so up tight about it is that you are misunderstood, maybe strong feeilngs for another man which is fine, it happens to older guys sometimes, or the repressed desire to wear womens clothes is causing this hostility, perhaps the kids threw snowballs at you because of a small body and unusually large head as a child, which created a large target. It could be you just can't seem to get the emotions chip to activate on you're she doll robot, I don't know and I don't care what you or anyone thinks. This is what I think of you and because of the ignore button I'll never see the response.

tumblr_l8wfct9SXK1qajg12o1_400_(resized).jpg

#81 3 years ago

Don't you love it when someone makes your point against them all by themselves

Back to the thread. I'm still not sure if we are just listing top fun pins or are there price constraints, own for a certain amount of time . . .

My most "go to" pins at home are LOTR, CFTBL, WH2O, MM and another. When I go to the Sanctum I tend to go back to the older pins, Blackjack, Globetrotters, oh, Frontier. I love to many.

#82 3 years ago

How can such an innocuous thread turn to shit so quickly...smh

#83 3 years ago

CFTBL
    TWD
    SS
    Tron
    MM/MB tie

#84 3 years ago

The current "go-to" pin in my collection:
    AFM

The rest are equally fun but to round out top 5:
    Tron
    Spider-Man
    IM
    TF LE

I don't think asking this question periodically is a bad thing; because whenever I see this kind of thread, it makes me realize how much my own personal preference for different pins changes...

#85 3 years ago

Thanks AJB4, you make me think that probably there isnt really an absolute best. Not only people have different tastes, but even the same person, even with amny years of experience, keeps changing his fav over the time.
    At the same time of course there is a group of pins that have a lot of consensus.

#86 3 years ago

Hmmm.

Top 5? Only 5?

TZ
    Fireball '72
    Flash Gordon
    AC/DC Preem
    Flip-Flop

#88 3 years ago

HS2 all the way. If there was something more fun than The Getaway I'd own it instead.

WH20 I must say is pretty damn great as well. White Water is very well done.

#89 3 years ago

None of these are 2k or less machines, however:

Twilight Zone
    Scared Stiff
    White Water
    Medieval Madness
    Lord of the Rings

#90 3 years ago

Just to clarify again: your top 5 if price was not an issue ( originally i wrote: if all pinball had a fixed price of 2k, which is the same thing). Hope its clear.

#91 3 years ago

I noticed that among cheaper machines WH2O got the most votes!

#92 3 years ago
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside