Napolean.jpg
Take me into town.gif
Feeding Tina.gif
1740B073-9AC3-4A12-ADCA-3905D117ED38 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230102-071742 (resized).png
C7C5DC1E-F11D-4CF8-A1F9-3D89500B4600 (resized).jpeg
136BF5C8-2943-4DF7-9745-FBE9E3AE2A46 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 07-47-41 Mr. Right (2015) (resized).png
Moon, 2009, science fiction, Duncan Jones, helium-3, GERTY, Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey, Dominique McElligott, Kaya Scodelario, B
20221231_163115 (resized).jpg
Moon, 2009, science fiction, Duncan Jones, helium-3, GERTY, Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey, Dominique McElligott, Kaya Scodelario, B
Moon-Sam Rockwell (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Curious what the list will be for everyone. For me , Godfather 1-2 , Citizen Kane,The Exorcist , Forrest Gump.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Curious what the list will be for everyone. For me , Godfather 1-2 , Citizen Kane,The Excorsist , Forrest Gump.

Dances with wolves

#47 1 year ago

The Deer hunter and Coal miners daughter

#49 1 year ago

FYI...2022 top,film wizard of Oz.

#53 1 year ago

I’ll stand with my original top 5

#113 1 year ago

There is no mention of the sting. The best picture of 1974. The exorcist was robbed and so was Ellen Burstyn for best actress I.m.o.

#116 1 year ago

My Regan animatronic agrees with me! Have to keep sweets in the garage because she really creeps my wife out.

16725085716144953341211884072750 (resized).jpg16725085716144953341211884072750 (resized).jpg
#120 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“I used to fuck guys like you in prison” is one of cinema’s most underrated lines.

And “go ahead make my day” I had a the T-shirt in high school edit: underrated that’s a good one.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from illudiumQ36:

My picks/favs -
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Funny, well-written comedy with tons of well-known stars of the era.
Lonesome Dove (tv mini-series)
Silent Running - a definite environmental message behind it, but as a kid, it was just cool because of the space ships and droids.
Never Cry Wolf - the photography alone (Alaska) is worth the watch.
The Blues Brothers - so many cameos. Belushi at his finest. Great music. Tons of car crashes. Funny stuff.

Is that a film based on The Farley Mowat book? People of the deer and born naked must reads.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Some movies on the top 100 list are great, but not ones I’d watch and over. If I wouldn’t care to see it again, it isn’t on my top list. Movies I love and would want to share with a friend who hadn’t seen it:
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
The Sting
Twelve Angry Men
Jaws
Mary Poppins (the original)
Fabulous animation:
Pinocchio
Snow White
Isle of Dogs
Rango for sheer creativity and great animation.

Casablanca over African Queen for me is a toss up

#137 1 year ago

Thinking of my top 5 likely unwatched films that deserve a watch..the Florida project, lost in translation to start.

#138 1 year ago

Many films listed here I have never seen and thank you! New Years dinner and Tonight’s film!

75A9DC5E-C28E-441D-AA58-FAA98428DC0F (resized).jpeg75A9DC5E-C28E-441D-AA58-FAA98428DC0F (resized).jpeg
#139 1 year ago

Bicentennial man , edit: door to door with William Macy

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Citizen Kane
The Last Picture Show
Giant
The Empire Strikes Back
Raiders of the Lost Ark

The last picture show is amazing, thx for adding that. Also Paper Moon a film worth watching.

#164 1 year ago

On vids recommendation, random choice of many listed here I haven’t seen before. watching now free on you tube

136BF5C8-2943-4DF7-9745-FBE9E3AE2A46 (resized).jpeg136BF5C8-2943-4DF7-9745-FBE9E3AE2A46 (resized).jpeg

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from illudiumQ36:

It is (Never Cry Wolf) It won several awards for Sound, which is odd in a way, because so much of the movie is in sheer silence, which really adds to the depth of just how alone the main character is.

Looking forward to watching this film. So far I have watched The count of Monte cristo , mr right and Heat . Heat best so far but many films listed here I haven’t seen yet.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Moonshot:

Not one vote for Deliverance yet

Not one vote for the English patient , Flight of the Phoenix or Dr Zhivago yet either

#199 1 year ago

Just thinking of past Academy award winners standing the test of time, not sure if Flight of the Phoenix was nominated but a really good film featuring Jimmy Stewart and a great cast. The German model builder In particular when he says to JS, no I build model planes!

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Total movie buff, have 400+ Blu Rays and Dvd's. By category:
Drama
1) Godfather II
2) Goodfellas
3) Psycho
4) Silence of the Lambs
5) A Few Good Men
War
1) Saving Private Ryan
2) Apocalypse now
3) Patton
4) Tora Tora Tora
5) American Sniper
Comedy
1) Animal House
2) The Big Lebowski
3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4) There's Something about Mary
5) Beverely Hills Cop
Cult
1) Pulp Fiction.
2) Dawn of the Dead (1978)
3) Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4) Any Saw Movie
5) Office Space
Action/Adventure
1) Star Wars
2) Diehard
3) Hitman's Bodyguard
4) Matrix
5) Speed

Documentaries Tom? Not being cheeky ..

#201 1 year ago

Ken Burns masterpiece WW2 series tops for me.

#203 1 year ago

I wonder why the Academy did not Just tie Forrest Gump and Shawshank redemption. FG just edged Shawshank on my list

3 weeks later
#284 1 year ago

Too funny watching the parents in Poltergeist rolling and smoking joints on their bed! Never mind the doobies what's going on Caroline?

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I rather liked Daniel Day Lewis in there will be blood. But this critic hated it.
https://amp.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2014/nov/12/there-will-be-blood-my-most-overrated-film

I thought he was great in gangs of new york

#290 1 year ago

My Left foot is one of my dads favorite films

#296 1 year ago

Life is beautiful Italy
Citizen Kane USA

#305 1 year ago

Paper mask from 1990, English film is worth a watch
Very good film.

3 months later
#311 11 months ago

Watching Shawshank Redemption again closely incredible film and a shame there was no tie for best picture with Forrest Gump.

3 months later
#312 8 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Rocky
Field of Dreams
Unforgiven
Raiders of the Lost Ark
All The Right Moves - Tie - with The Matrix

All the right moves was good movie, I still remember the soundtrack was great and brought back memories of me in my teens watching the movie With my buddies in my basement.

#313 8 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

You guys are listing a lot of great ones.

Couldn’t agree more and watching all the films recommended I have not seen before.

#315 8 months ago
Quoted from zimzam:

Late to the party but based on their intense impact on me after I left the theater...
1. Star Wars (its impact on me when I was 9 cannot be over stated)
2. Aliens (maybe the most gripping, edge of your seat, adrenaline rides I ever experienced in a movie)
3. Braveheart (went in not knowing much and was blown away)
4. Galaxy Quest (maybe the most perfect movie ever made)
5. The Natural (best sports movie I ever seen)

Probably not the blind side as of breaking news

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-5-films-of-all-time?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.