Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Wiggles
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0694 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0693 (resized).JPG
    20200418_143559 (resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Do you have a small collection?

If you could only have four pins which ones would you keep?

I can only think of two must haves, picking games three and four becomes harder.

1)Iron Maiden
    2)Paragon
    3)
    4)

Discuss

#2 3 years ago

Pretty happy with our collection of games:

1) Lord of the Rings (Deep ruleset, super fast and with wide open outlanes)
    2) Twilight Zone (Best of the Superpins if you ask me)
    3) Shadow (A killer, ball times between 10s and a minute most of the times)
    4) Whirlwind (Same as Shadow but now as a System 11 lol)
    5) Cyclone (The one that falls out of the top 4, but still a classic!)

Ofcourse this is my opinion

#3 3 years ago

Four eh? I'd probably stick with:

- Quicksilver
    - Iron Man
    - Indiana Jones
    - Dialed In

#4 3 years ago

AC/DC Prem/LE
    LOTR/BM66
    EBD
    AFM

#5 3 years ago

Ok. Here’s mine.

1) Jurassic Park Premium (Currently don’t own)
    2) Rick and Morty (Patiently waiting for #746)
    3) Walking Dead Premium
    4) TNA

#6 3 years ago

1) LotR
    2) JP (pro or premium)
    3) Paragon
    4) Indiana Jones

#7 3 years ago

Mine
    1) GB le
    2) The Hobbit
    3) Guns N Roses
    4) POTC LE

#8 3 years ago

Elvira HOH
    JP (Stern)
    POTC (JJP)
    Addams

#9 3 years ago

Totan
    CV
    MM
    Alien

#10 3 years ago

Whirlwind: 80s Pin, Pat Lawlor, Alpha Numeric
    Star Trek The Next Generation: 90s Pin, Steve Ritchie, DMD
    The Simpsons Pinball Party: 00s Pin, Johnson/Palmer, DMD
    Jurassic Park: 10s Pin, Keith Elwin, Full motion video

4 of 5 of current lineup .I like variety between designers, play styles, an eras. If I had to drop one from my 5 pin collection it would be the Taxi to leave these four.

20200418_143559 (resized).jpg20200418_143559 (resized).jpg
    #11 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Whirlwind: 80s Pin, Pat Lawlor, Alpha Numeric
    Star Trek The Next Generation: 90s Pin, Steve Ritchie, DMD
    The Simpsons Pinball Party: 00s Pin, Johnson/Palmer, DMD
    Jurassic Park: 10s Pin, Keith Elwin, Full motion video
    4 of 5 of current lineup .I like variety between designers, play styles, an eras. If I had to drop one from my 5 pin collection it would be the Taxi to leave these four.[quoted image]

I like your style!

One could replace whirlwind for Funhouse or a few other alphanumeric, that's personal taste.

But I like that you picked great examples of the respectful era

#12 3 years ago

SM - For the longer games or when you're really in the mood for the "pinball experience". I'd pick this over my DI
    TNA - For pretty much every other game
    FT - When #2 is taken by someone else and you don't want to play SM
    TOM - Because my wife says so and she was cool with me getting #1/2/3 (and 5 and 6)

#13 3 years ago

1) AFM. Classic greatness.
    2) MET. Lyman F’ing Sheets combined with John Borg. Yeah.
    3) EBD. Eight Ball Deluxe is the best classic game ever made. No debate needed.
    4) Team One. Set it on 3 ball in Novelty Mode. Boom.

That grouping hits all the right spots. EM, SS, 90s, Modern. It also hits different styles of play and depth. As far as I’m concerned, anyone that puts out 4 similar games as the best 4 pin collection is missing out on something in pinball.

#14 3 years ago
    1. Indiana Jones - this is my all-time keeper, the only game I currently own
    2. Jurassic Park (Stern) - never played it, but I'm in based on reputation and theme alone
    3. PinBot - overflowing with nostalgia from playing it at the ski lodge in my youth
    4. Monster Bash - just 'cause it's fun and goofy with an original theme
    #15 3 years ago

Met
    Ss
    Junk yard
    Imdn
    A little bit of everything ss and newer

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

I've answered this question in other threads and with different numbers of pins as the limit.
    And I've always picked my favorite games from my own collection, since I own all my favorites.

But this time I'd like to change things up, so instead of "keep" I'm changing the stated parameters to:
    If you could only add four more games to your existing collection which ones would you add?

BM66
    JJP PotC
    HEIST
    R&M

#17 3 years ago

Iron Man
    Star Wars Prem
    JJP POTC
    TZ

#18 3 years ago

I will go form my collection.. those that are playable and not in waiting

1 firepower. - I find myself going back to this one more than any other.
    2 sorcerer. System 9 game, not many system 9s 2 ball multi, lots to shoot for
    3 bk200. The music alone gets me
    Hooked. I am intrigued by the upper lower pf games
    4 Flash Gordon One of my favorite art packages. Normally I like the original theme but they did this movie theme
    Right in my opinion

#19 3 years ago

My classic 4 pin collection all restored. Rest are in the restore area.

1) Black Knight
    2) Xenon
    3) Paragon
    4) Flash Gordon- getting PF done soon.

#21 3 years ago

The Getaway
    8 Ball Del.
    Stellar Wars
    Ahhhhh.....ummmm.....how many did you say?

#22 3 years ago

Raven
    Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash
    Thunderbirds
    Vegas

Great line up.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Raven
    Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash
    Thunderbirds
    Vegas
    Great line up.

Lmao!

#24 3 years ago

Game of thrones premium
    Ghostbusters pro
    Monster bash
    Metallica..if I could get it

#25 3 years ago

MMRLE
    AFMRLE
    POTCLE
    Williams IJ

#26 3 years ago

No such thing...they’re all rotated at some point. The only one that’s never going anywhere (Balls-A-Poppin), I haven’t played in 6 months.

#27 3 years ago

1. Metallica
    2. Cheetah
    3. JP LE
    4. Centaur

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

No such thing...they’re all rotated at some point. The only one that’s never going anywhere (Balls-A-Poppin), I haven’t played in 6 months.

I agree with this, I have sold several that I have bought back, but usually end up selling again.

#29 3 years ago

It is tough to decide if you want to go with a variety of varying gamestyles or just the absolute best 4 stand alone pins regardless.

For long term enjoyment, you would probably actually do better with a variety...and since we already have a top 100 list that can be customized in multiple ways, i suppose i will share my variety pins.

In no order:

MM, jjp potc, fathom, TZ

#30 3 years ago

JJP POTC
    DI
    ACNC
    R&M

#31 3 years ago

If I only could keep four from my collection I would choose:
    1 Iron Maiden pro
    2 Metallica pro
    3 X Files
    4 AC DC Premium.

#32 3 years ago

MMR (any flavor)
    IJ Williams
    GB Premium
    JP Premium

#33 3 years ago

No particular order

Flash Gordon
    Metallica Premium
    Jurassic Park Premium
    Indy 500 (including the dream of a ROM that debugs it or otherwise improves code)

#34 3 years ago

Alien
    IJ Williams
    White water
    POTC JJP

Own them all and they are not leaving
    I like wide cabs

#35 3 years ago

Tough.

Dimension so I still had an EM

AFM my favorite of the 90s pins.

Bm66-decent pin and by far my favorite theme. Of course, that is until someone makes a Queen pin.

POTC - it’s not my favorite. But if I could only have 4, with the rules are so deep, It would take a lot more play for me to be bored with it.

#36 3 years ago

NGG
    BSD
    MSF
    Flash gordon

And can I suggest having an arcade as well: Neo Geo Big Red. Multicarts works and Samurai Showdown is always sweet! Especially Samurai Showdown V Special and shmups are great too.
    Arcade 1up count as well: I just beat the shit out of Shao Khan on a Mortal Kombat Arcade 1up on UMK3 and my beer suddenly taste better! ;o)

Cheers,

Chris

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

This is an interesting question for me now I have 11 pins (love them all).

My list currently

AFM Remake LE
    To me the best of the 90s pins, there are a ton of great pins from the 90s but I just love this one and especially the remake with the topper, I am not really a topper guy but this one is the best of all and it puts the game just a bit higher than if it didn't have a topper. It's not the deepest pin nor has the most complex layout or toys but it just has the right amount of toys and rules, great challenge for me and super fun which is what this is about. PS love the XL display which to me is reason enough to buy the remake.

Woz RR
    -this is not my favorite to play but it's my 'gee will you look at that!' pin with all the features and mod potential (best light show!, monkey, witch, crystal ball, LCD display) and the rules are deep and intricate and the theme (to me) is one of my top all time, I grew up watching Oz and have watched the movie countless times.

SW premium comic.
    -This is my newest so maybe that has a bit of bias from that, but the theme is second to none (second to none that includes anything like LotR or any potential themes like Harry Potter), I grew up on the original trilogy and this pin has scenes and movie clips from the films not some low res movie rips like Spiderman or Tron but honest to god real movie clips. I also love the Hyper-loop shot and think it's the best toy on any pinball game, I love the rules with the potential outrageous multipliers and the choice of modes and character unique paths. I certainly don't want these type of rules for every pin, but it's nice for one pin where I can move the multiplier around and play with some crazy points multipliers. I have not even destroyed the Death Star yet (I am looking forward to that day). I know this is not a popular pin to some but to me it's great.

DI
    -was debating to go with TNA but it's too shallow to crack the top 4. I was also considering my Borg four: IM, Tron, Met or TWD but they all almost cancel each other out and three of them are 2 flipper 2 ramp layouts which I have covered with AFM so for the sake of diversity I didn't want half of my top4 to be same/similar layouts. I picked DI, like Woz because if the unique layout, light show and toys as well as interesting rules.

Might replace DI with JJ PotC but I don't have enough play time to say for sure but likely could swap PotC for DI on this list..

#39 3 years ago

Met
    IM
    TZ
    SM

#40 3 years ago

All widebody pins!!

#41 3 years ago

DI-Love Lawlor, love the layout and gameplay
    WOZ-Classic in every way
    GB Pro-Fun and fast shooter, love the theme
    ES-Another Lawlor gem, one of my fav Sys11s

#42 3 years ago

1) White Water
    2) Attack From Mars (Original)
    3) Medieval Madness (Original)
    4) Cant decide...TZ, CV, TAF, ToM, MB...?

I have not played anything newer than a TSPP. Looking forward to trying some of the newer pins ....hopefully soon.

IMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0693 (resized).JPGIMG_0694 (resized).JPGIMG_0694 (resized).JPG
    #43 3 years ago

AFM - great flow; great shots; great ruleset; fantastic theme implementation that is genious in its depth of campiness. Might be the most well-balanced pin of all time as far as speed, flow and rules. Some say it's easy, but not this dude.

GoT LE - Ugly as fuck but a great game with the new code. I have a wide lineup and I tend to avoid this but when I start playing I can't stop. With all those modes, many games in one. Rules deep as heck. Fast. Flowy - even with the upper PF (make sure your left orbit is fixed). With the new code, the upper PF adds a whole new dimension of multiball and other things to achieve.

BM66 - Clunky but fun and challenging. Lyman knocked it out of the park, integrating the major and minor villains into the game. The campy humour - up there with AFM - makes you smile.

Fathom - Early SS pins have their own brutal charm. Fathom has a great variety of shots, good flow and good rules. Gorgeous artwork.

#44 3 years ago

Jungle Queen
    Big Game
    Funhouse
    Walking Dead Prem

#45 3 years ago

Cutting my current collection down to 4 I would keep.

TWDLE
    SW premium
    LOTR
    F2k or Stars depending on the day.

I’ve thought about selling my whole collection and getting 4 pins I haven’t owned. If I did that I would go with something like;

DP premium
    Beatles
    JP2 premium
    Alien

#46 3 years ago

Very tough, I need more spots. If I picked out 4, I would still need to add IMVE & SMVE. Even at 6 I still would need more spots.

#47 3 years ago

Deapool(own premium)
    Star Wars Comic(own premium)
    Jurassic Park Premium - patiently waiting to buy soon....
    Medievil Madness Royal - prob my favorite game ever. Would really want the royal if had choice
    Bonus Tie -Star Trek Vault- I love this game. only play it on my virtual cab, really want a real one....

#48 3 years ago

JP Premium
    Iron Maiden Premium
    MM
    JJP POTC or WW or DI

#49 3 years ago

No Fear
    Judge Dredd
    Comet
    Pit Stop

But thank goodness it will never come to just those.

#50 3 years ago

MM
    IJ Williams
    Oktoberfest
    Dr. Who

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-4-four-pin-collection?hl=etien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.