Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

machines.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nick-the-greek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 9 years ago

Of the games I've played, my top four are, in order of greatness:
    Cover Girl - stunning to look at, simple rules, very hard to beat. A classic, if ever there was one.
    Hurdy Gurdy - I'm not mad on AABs but this one has it all, colours, art, game play, another winner.
    Cross Town - the first game I ever owned, still do, keeps me coming back for more.
    Sun Valley - joint first, a true pinball, not a flipper, it's got everything a bingo nut could want.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from oldcarz:

Highly agree with Cover Girl - another game that is off the rating radar, but ranks high in the enjoyment category. It's the first game that my family owned (I was just a teenager in 1964). Way cool to have a real pinball machine in the house, this one holds the sentimental strings and the foundation for my EM hobby. Played it for hours on end and learned every nuance about it. Great artwork, pretty girls (risque for that time?). A friend currently has one, so I've been able to relive the memories...
    Also agree with with Cross Town - I definitely enjoy mine. I crack up every time the game starts and I see the tuba player...
    Enjoy
    J

Mate,
    I'm glad they are off the radar, otherwise, I'd never get 'em. Over here in the UK, games are far harder to find and a lot more expensive than in the US. Any rated title is pounced on by all the collectors. I keep buying the unrated games and every one is a little gem. I recently bought a Spin Out, my mate described it as a C title. Know what, it's a little gem, a great game to play. I'm currently going through an Aquarius I bought last week, and guess what, it's another great game to play. Virtually every wedge I buy is fun when I get it up & running right. The only one I don't rate so far is Pro Football, it's just too easy. But even that is real fun to play. Maybe I haven't found the right one, but I've had two and I could roll both quite often. And I'm not the best player in the world, by a long, long way. I reckon Gottlieb made their single player games just right. Isn't this hobby just the best there is?

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have always loved EM spinners I sold my Grand Prix recently with the hopes that I might acquire another great spinner game. But the ultimate spinner game IMO is Bon Voyage, one that I already have. I am still looking. Any suggestions?

Swing along, three spinners, first Gottlieb to have them.
    http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=12982

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nick-the-greek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-4-ems?tu=nick-the-greek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.