(Topic ID: 260190)

Top 3 in your current collection / Why Your #1 Pin?

By Navystan

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Navystan
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dcc3779e5f8e6111e4eb559a40ecbfef9d7e024c (resized).jpg
IMG_0119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0153 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

We all have different reasons for our favorite pins. Whether you have 3 or 50 pins, you probably have your top 3 and your #1.

Share your top 3 in your current collection and why you rate your #1 pin first in YOUR collection.

I have only 4 pins. Top 3: 1. GOTG. 2. Shadow 3. BM66

Why GOTG my #1?
- Love the theme
- Love the music
- Love the rocket recoil
- Fast and short games
- Did I mention I love the music?
- Never noticed how much I liked the colored plastic protectors. They not only protect, but add more emphasis light to the section they are protecting.

IMG_0119 (resized).jpegIMG_0119 (resized).jpegIMG_0150 (resized).jpegIMG_0150 (resized).jpegIMG_0153 (resized).jpegIMG_0153 (resized).jpeg
#50 4 years ago

Love hearing everyone's story. Some expected results and some surprising ones. Click the "up vote" to show which ones capture your interest the most.

#73 4 years ago

One of the surprises for me is RBION. I've never played it, but seeing the reviews makes we want to get one or at least play one to see if I would like it long term.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from pellew:

At home right now:
1. Getaway
2. Dr Who
3. Corvette
Getaway, my first pin. Simple rules, fairly easy, nice shots, and man does it feel good getting the super jackpot during red line mania. I'm often finding myself saying; "Just one more game...".
At our location:
1. AFM
2. SS
3. TNA

I see your car theme. But, Getaway is just a pure classic.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Difficult call.
1. Houdini. Great shots, amazing ball lock, pretty deep rule set, great art and light effects, and just an absolute blast to play. Just can’t get enough of this game. I’m testing the new beta, and it’s even better now. If you do get one, get the shaker and the knocker. Just a great, underrated pen.
2. Flash Gordon. Don’t know what it is about this one ball, relatively simple game. It’s fast, it’s fun, and it’s red. Had one, sold it and missed it so much that I bought another one a couple years ago. Fixed it up, painted the cabinet, put new boards in, and I just love to play this thing.
3. Tommy. What a fun game, especially if it’s really dialed in. An awesome game to put a pinsound board in with big PinWoofer amps and speakers along with a custom soundtrack. Lotta fun to play, nice rule set, cool light show and the totally magnificent blinders tip this one into the #3 spot.

I wonder why Houdini has such a bad rap. Seems like many folks like it.

4 weeks later
#103 4 years ago
Quoted from tidalwdave:

I'd have to rank mine in two categories.
Old school, 1 is WH2O, i've owned four and it's almost always been in my collection, always traded up. I know the rules and love the ramps. 2. BSD, same as before, always traded up, love how brutal it is. 3, FT, same as before, owned it four times, always traded up. I love the theme and cheesiness, plus the simplicity but difficulty of it. Honorable mention, NF, had it four times and always traded up, love how fast it is, no pops, magnet ramp. Was almost always in my collection and was the last to go when I got out of the hobby a couple years ago.
Fast forward, I got out of the hobby for the past four or five years, catching up on "new pins" I've never had. Iron Maiden Pro is number one, love the shots, theme, four flippers, music, ramps, orbits, all of it. Number 2 is MET Pro. I've played this on location ever since it came out and always wanted one, it's brutal, I love brutal pins, had to get a NIB one, just got it a couple weeks ago. Number 3 is TWD Pro, again, played it on location since it came out, always wanted to own one, love the theme, TV series, difficulty, deep rules. These are my three current keepers in a six pin max collection. Honorable mention, Munster Pro, please update the code, I love the theme and playing it, but it's almost too simple.

Nice lay down...I too had a Munsters LE. I really hope they update code. It has so much promise. I like brutal too, especially for home play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Navystan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-3-in-your-current-collection-why-your-1-pin?tu=Navystan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.