(Topic ID: 260190)

Top 3 in your current collection / Why Your #1 Pin?

By Navystan

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Navystan
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dcc3779e5f8e6111e4eb559a40ecbfef9d7e024c (resized).jpg
IMG_0119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0153 (resized).jpeg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

My Current Collection consists of:

Rescue 911
Comet
Black Pyramid
Jubilee
Jungle
Stern Lightning (currently not working)

I just got the Jubilee working so I am playing a lot of that right now...

if I had to Rank my top 3.. they would be

1. Comet - great shots and still a fun game after all these years... A MILLION!!!!
2. Rescue 911
3. Black Pyramid

but I have a Raven coming soon... you never know...

#52 4 years ago

Top 3? Well, my collection i guess. #1, Eight Ball Deluxe. Why, because it's Eight Ball Deluxe

#53 4 years ago

So I will go with 3 favorite machine’s I’ve had in my collection as I’ve gone through more than a dozen pin in my 2ish years in the hobby but only have 3 right now.

1. DE Jurassic Park/Whirlwind: I am listing both as Jurassic Park is a complete ripoff layoutwise of Whirlwind. I wanted a Jurassic Park as my starter pin but couldn’t find one at the time. Once I finally got one, it was amazing. The dinosaur eats the freaking ball… I’d rate that combined with the Shaker motor as tied with destroying a ship in Attack From Mars as the best shot in pinball. It’s fun to mod. There is a built in shaker. My kids loved it. There was just enough challenge in it for me when I got it that it made me come back game after game after game. After getting more into pinball, I learned that the pin was a complete ripoff of Whirlwind. Seriously, look at the layouts side to side. I got a Whirlwind and I absolutely love it. I cannot get the hang of that 3rd flipper jackpot shot and it keeps me pressing start. I love the diversity of shots in the game. I really like the TILT graphics add in packages. I added some lighting and put color changing lights in the back to simulate lighting. I bought both games without ever having played one and would highly recommend both.

2. Stern Star Trek/ Star Trek TNG. Same theme by the same designer… same game. Stern Star Trek is the one game I got rid of too early. I let it go in a trade as a way of getting DE Jurassic Park. Holy crap this game is fast. The theme is perfect for my family as my wife and I are huge Star Trek fans. I love the sound, and this game is just intense. I put new rubbers on mine and the shots are one after another after another. I really like the innovative shot behind the right flipper, and the loop going through the backbox behind the ship. I will get one again some day. Star Trek TNG is the original Steve Ritchie Star Trek. I love this pin for the rules, the theme, the sound, and the fact that my wife loves and plays it even without me around for her love of Star Trek. I wanted one as my first pin but was talked out of it due to the mechanical complexity of it (I’ve had good luck with mine). They got the entire cast to do callouts. The 3rd flipper shot is challenging… The freaking borg ship launches the ball at you at the start of multiball! The art on the cabinet is fantastic and this is my current “edge of lineup” machine.

3. Attack From Mars. Such a fun game. I got one from work a few years ago and loved it every minute I had it. I love the humor, I love the ship with the shaker, I love the light show. I really like that there are objectives for newbies (destroy the ship) and for experts (rule the universe). There are many multiballs without them being overwhelming. Strobe multiball is great. I love the diversity of shots. It is an all in all fun game. I never ruled the universe but always came coming back for more.

After all that and the original question... Whirlwind. I'm actually trading out my Champion Pub for a couple of System 11s (Taxi and High Speed) and some cash because I'm having more fun with this than anything else. Something can have everything on paper like the Hobbit (Art, sound, full motion video, animatronic talking toys), but if the game doesn't shoot well it's not the same.

Whirlwind!

dcc3779e5f8e6111e4eb559a40ecbfef9d7e024c (resized).jpgdcc3779e5f8e6111e4eb559a40ecbfef9d7e024c (resized).jpg
#54 4 years ago

Since I only own 3, my top 3 is pretty simple.

1) AFMr LE - My #1 dream title which I recently acquired.
2) Getaway - My first pin ever.
3) DE Jurassic Park - Who doesn't like dinosaurs?

#55 4 years ago

Don’t have a huge collection but my list would be:
Tied at #1 for moment is JP2 LE and TZ.
JP2 LE just has some awesome shots, great toy and great theme!
TZ as someone else put it... it’s TZ
#2 would be GB premium. Love the subway, theme and difficulty.
#3 MBr LE- Rules I can understand and just a Beautiful pinball!!
I know that’s 4 but could not leave any out.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So I will go with 3 favorite machine’s I’ve had in my collection as I’ve gone through more than a dozen pin in my 2ish years in the hobby but only have 3 right now.
1. DE Jurassic Park/Whirlwind: I am listing both as Jurassic Park is a complete ripoff layoutwise of Whirlwind. I wanted a Jurassic Park as my starter pin but couldn’t find one at the time. Once I finally got one, it was amazing. The dinosaur eats the freaking ball… I’d rate that combined with the Shaker motor as tied with destroying a ship in Attack From Mars as the best shot in pinball. It’s fun to mod. There is a built in shaker. My kids loved it. There was just enough challenge in it for me when I got it that it made me come back game after game after game. After getting more into pinball, I learned that the pin was a complete ripoff of Whirlwind. Seriously, look at the layouts side to side. I got a Whirlwind and I absolutely love it. I cannot get the hang of that 3rd flipper jackpot shot and it keeps me pressing start. I love the diversity of shots in the game. I really like the TILT graphics add in packages. I added some lighting and put color changing lights in the back to simulate lighting. I bought both games without ever having played one and would highly recommend both.
2. Stern Star Trek/ Star Trek TNG. Same theme by the same designer… same game. Stern Star Trek is the one game I got rid of too early. I let it go in a trade as a way of getting DE Jurassic Park. Holy crap this game is fast. The theme is perfect for my family as my wife and I are huge Star Trek fans. I love the sound, and this game is just intense. I put new rubbers on mine and the shots are one after another after another. I really like the innovative shot behind the right flipper, and the loop going through the backbox behind the ship. I will get one again some day. Star Trek TNG is the original Steve Ritchie Star Trek. I love this pin for the rules, the theme, the sound, and the fact that my wife loves and plays it even without me around for her love of Star Trek. I wanted one as my first pin but was talked out of it due to the mechanical complexity of it (I’ve had good luck with mine). They got the entire cast to do callouts. The 3rd flipper shot is challenging… The freaking borg ship launches the ball at you at the start of multiball! The art on the cabinet is fantastic and this is my current “edge of lineup” machine.
3. Attack From Mars. Such a fun game. I got one from work a few years ago and loved it every minute I had it. I love the humor, I love the ship with the shaker, I love the light show. I really like that there are objectives for newbies (destroy the ship) and for experts (rule the universe). There are many multiballs without them being overwhelming. Strobe multiball is great. I love the diversity of shots. It is an all in all fun game. I never ruled the universe but always came coming back for more.
After all that and the original question... Whirlwind. I'm actually trading out my Champion Pub for a couple of System 11s (Taxi and High Speed) and some cash because I'm having more fun with this than anything else. Something can have everything on paper like the Hobbit (Art, sound, full motion video, animatronic talking toys), but if the game doesn't shoot well it's not the same.
Whirlwind![quoted image]

I'd definitely put the Whirlwind topper in my top 5!

#57 4 years ago

#1 Whirlwind - I'm a sucker for Lawlor games anyway, but to me this may be the best designed pin of all time. Every shot feels satisfying and the multiball relies heavily on patience and control. Pure fun, intense pinball IMO.

#2 BSD - Probably my favorite DMD game. Really rewards accurate and consistent shot making (and punishes missed shots). The theme is immersive and the callouts are great with some of the best mechs (mist) and features in pinball. The prospect of trying to set up a game better than the one before keeps the replay-ability high, not to mention the ramps just feel awesome.

#3 Taxi - Obviously I love the system 11 era. Classic layout, multiple ways to approach the game with some amazing multiball music. When you get in the groove on the ramps it feels great. Makes you much better at post transfers and dead bouncing in order to effectively play the game.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

TWD Prem - Two ramps, three bash targets, four drop targets, two magnets, two spinners, moving crossbow and arguably the best code in pinball.
GB Pro - Original actor callouts combined with fantastic art and a unique layout.
IMDN Pro - Incredible art, awesome callouts and fast, flowy shots

He lies!

His favorite three games are
Banzai Run
Banzai Run
and
Banzai Run

#59 4 years ago

Another small collection consisting of ACNC, SS, JD, and WOZrr. R&M will probably change this list when it finally arrives in 2021, but for now, here is my breakdown:

#1. ACNC - It it my newest and gets the most play, but damn is this a fun game and great shooter! It definitely forces me to become a better player and I am constantly playing it when I get some pinball time. Wasn't sure I would love this game as much as I do, but I doubt it will ever leave my collection. It is truly a great game!

#2. Judge Dredd - While JD seems to be a love it or hate it pin around here, I fall into the love it crowd. Theme wise, it was a favorite comic book of mine back in the 80s and love the sounds and music in this pin too. Everything ties into this (comic) theme very well and it is a fun shooter. Currently on the other side of the country awaiting the HEP treatment.

#3. Scared Stiff - Only been in the collection for less than a year, but what can you say? Its Scared Stiff and very popular for good reason. Very fun. It may become a HEP machine someday as well once my wallet recovers from JD and the purchase of R&M.

People might be surprised that WOZ isn't in my top 3. While it is a great and beautiful game, I just prefer to flip the other 3 over WOZ. Just personal preference. I bought it for the wife and she loves it to death, so it will never leave. But I personally would sell it before any of the other 3 if I had the choice (which I don't).

#60 4 years ago

1.Acnc
2.met pro
3.bm66
I guess these would be top 3, but gotta say I'm digging g all the games in my collection .

#61 4 years ago

1. AFM. I’ve only had it about 6 months, and I can’t stop playing it. Playing it over the years is nothing like owning it. The humor, the fun, the shots, the theme all add up to a perfect game. Because it’s still new to me, I figure the universe owes me a couple thousand more games before it moves out of my number one slot.

2. AC/DC. This happens to me sometimes. A game can sit for months and months in my house, and I play a game on it and get hooked again. I have the pro, which means it’s always a fight.

3. Eight Ball Deluxe. I lent out Stars for the winter, or that would be here. So EBD is the current classic getting time. And why? Because it’s timeless. What a great game.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

#1 - Volley - It challenges my entire skillset, from getting the damn plunge through the top lanes, trying to hit one drop at a time, flipper skills, nudging, tilt ends game, etc. It's always a challenge and has really helped me build my skills.

Volley? I have the opportunity to pick one up as I don't have any EM's....is really that good?

1- JJP POTC - So much to do on this game - The fact it tells you what to hit on top of screen is awesome along with color inserts
2 - TZ - Just awesome and sounds are fantastic
3 - WW or STNNG ( Tie ) WW - Sound/callouts and plays great ST - cool hard shots

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

1. AFM. I’ve only had it about 6 months, and I can’t stop playing it. Playing it over the years is nothing like owning it. The humor, the fun, the shots, the theme all add up to a perfect game. Because it’s still new to me, I figure the universe owes me a couple thousand more games before it moves out of my number one slot.
2. AC/DC. This happens to me sometimes. A game can sit for months and months in my house, and I play a game on it and get hooked again. I have the pro, which means it’s always a fight.
3. Eight Ball Deluxe. I lent out Stars for the winter, or that would be here. So EBD is the current classic getting time. And why? Because it’s timeless. What a great game.

All you lucky b*stards with 8 Ball Deluxe in their top 3’s. If I could find a decent one for under $5000 I’m sure it would also be in my top 3.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Love hearing everyone's story. Some expected results and some surprising ones. Click the "up vote" to show which ones capture your interest the most.

This also goes to show that not everyone likes the same pins.

#65 4 years ago

1. MMLe remake (never gets old destroying the castle).
2. MET Prem (pure pinball greatness)
3. DPLE tied with JPLE.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

All you lucky b*stards with 8 Ball Deluxe in their top 3’s. If I could find a decent one for under $5000 I’m sure it would also be in my top 3.

I scooped up an LE with a flawless playfield for 2k! Same great game, and takes up less space in the lineup. If you can hang with the form factor it's a great value.

#67 4 years ago

SW Premium (comic art) - I've never owned a game that compels me to play over and over as much as this one. It's crazy addictive and the hyperloop is one of the coolest features in pinball IMO.

Met Premium - There are so many unique modes and all of them are challenging and interesting to play. I'm not sure if there's a game I can think of that can be approached in so many different ways. Start Fuel, Justice for All, seek and destroy, four horsemen, electric chair multiball, coffin multiball, cross multiball, plus four different crank it up modes (which are all super cool), and of course End of the Line. Plus Metallica is perfect pinball music.

JJPPOC - This game is packed with more interactive features than any game I can think of. The layout is fantastic. There are so many different shots, it never gets old. Plus it has a masterful David Thiel audio package. I also love trying to get to the five mini wizard modes. Heck, I can play games where all I do is try to load the Perl's cannon and make the shot against the British ship.

#68 4 years ago

Well mine is going to be a bit boring and not much controversy as my top 3 are all popular machines.
Much as I love my Hardbody when it was working I only liked playing it for 15-40 minutes at a time.

1: Iron Maiden Prem:

The pin is a dream theme for me. Seen Maiden 6 times live and I own all their albums and most of the bands solo stuff. I think the layout is a very unique layout, while also just having enough of the traditional fan elements to make sure the game flows and shoots great. Some unique layouts can feel gimmicky after awhile. This always feels fresh and fun to shoot.
So many different strats and ways to attack the machine. You can also alter and change your strat depending on what you've accomplished or still need to.
Games rules are amazing, great callouts, decent animations(some really good), and for me the best damn music on the planet.

2: Elvira LE

This is the pin I am currently playing the most of. The rules are not there yet. Still a lot of fun to be had. Love the videos(i do skip them from time to time), love the movie clips. Just a lot of fun to be had playing this game. Its a nice layout, and doesn't get old shooting it. Also a lot of really cool mechs on the playfield. So far there is a couple of different strats you can use. But, mostly it revolves around setting the same stuff up. Like... Get a deadhead to bash. Lock 2 balls in the garage. start a mode. Start mb and try to complete the mode.
Once you complete the mode and are out of mb.
Unlock house, get mb ready again. And try to complete the mode. There is strat to know when to just go for modes or locking balls, and when to finish off the deadheads. 2 completed modes gets you an extra ball, 2 vanquished deadheads does the same. So that should be the focus for a casual game. Also want to make it to house party. The modes themselves are also good to know when to go for. Teenagers from space is easiest to complete. Then I think its Night of the Living dead. The rest are harder and take more shots. So those tend to be the ones I go for. But, I might do teenagers before I start mb.
As I said. Having a blast playing this one right now. Its really the only pin that I've been playing for the past 3 months.
When the code is finished it could move up to number 1... but, it be tough. I love Elvira, but I love heavy metal and Iron Maiden more.

3: MBr LE

I love this machine. Its a lot of fun to shoot .And I've found that the only thing more dangerous than Dracula's bite is his dang feet!!!!
Won't bore you all with what I like about this one. Just the fact that I had no desire in owning a MB... I mean I thought, one day would be nice to own one, it is a classic pin. But, there were dozens of pins I had on my to buy list over this one. Then I went to the Chicago Expo and I saw this one and I fell in love with it at first sight. It looks amazing, played amazing. Loved the animations, the callouts, the gameplay. Thought the LE was one of the best looking pins I ever saw, and I knew I needed to own it. And so I bought it. And I love it.

Honorable mention goes to my beater Sinbad. You put some tunes on and I can play that game for hours on end. Just a really fun machine.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Volley? I have the opportunity to pick one up as I don't have any EM's....is really that good?

I think it is. I’ve been playing the hell out of it for the last few months and I have a pretty extensive collection.

I like it because it challenges all your skills. It’s the first game I owned that really makes you work for not just one, but 3 different skill shots.

How much do they want for it and how is the condition?

#70 4 years ago

Hmmm, this week I'd rank

1 Metallica
2 BSD
3 Eight Ball Deluxe

#71 4 years ago

1. GOT premium. biased, but it's favorite tv show, actually only 1 of 2 i've watched in 20 years
2. deadpool
3. monster bash

#72 4 years ago

Since we're talking about the top 3 games we own, and I currently only own 2 games, I guess I'll go with those.

AFMr
WOZ

I own these two because they are both favorites. If I could only play one game for the rest of my life, it would be AFMr.

#73 4 years ago

One of the surprises for me is RBION. I've never played it, but seeing the reviews makes we want to get one or at least play one to see if I would like it long term.

#74 4 years ago

Top 2 for me:

JJP POTC - It's so over the top in terms of features and shots, I honestly don't know if anything will ever beat it. A moving Black Pearl, cannon shot across the playfield to the Dauntless, subway, characters that change the way you play, magnet randomizer, spinning disc, whirlpool shot, RGB lighting, huge screen, map awards, plundering during multiplayer, chest ball lock (with open/close mod)....

JP2 - Tough, fair, tons of flow (when I'm not sucking), and the dino is one of my favorite toys of all time. With the latest code update it even chews the ball and throws it across the playfield!

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

One of the surprises for me is RBION. I've never played it, but seeing the reviews makes we want to get one or at least play one to see if I would like it long term.

There are a lot of people who have it in their top 5-10 of all time.
You don't see them very often, and people tend to hold onto them for long periods.

#76 4 years ago

Top 3 ... Yikes. It's like picking your favorite child. Music is my life and passion, so that plays heavy into my Top 3:

1. IMDN. Holy shitballs. Amazing game, fast, great songs, and well designed. Hitting those orbit shots repeatedly is bad ass!
2. ACNC. Some days you chop wood, other days you are getting the monsters. Modes are not timed, which is good as there needs to be a lot of ball control with this one. Dansi kills it with this one.
3. Spiderman. If I want to shoot the smoothest shooting game, I go to SM. Usually long, satisfying games.

Honorable Mention: Aerosmith. If I want to play a fun, open layout that is relaxing, yet challenging, I hit up Aerosmith

#77 4 years ago

1. TWD-I have never had a great game so I keep trying until my wrists hurt.
2. FGY-I have not owned it very long so I still laugh at all of the lines. Swing and a miss makes me laugh every time.
3. NBAFB-It’s the most underrated pin of all time in my opinion. So much fun and I feel like I’m playing basketball

#78 4 years ago

1. Tron
2. Johnny Mnemonic
3. Ghostbusters Premium
All three have great lights shows.

#79 4 years ago

I have a top 8 I cannot split to 3 like them all equally....

#80 4 years ago

Difficult call.

1. Houdini. Great shots, amazing ball lock, pretty deep rule set, great art and light effects, and just an absolute blast to play. Just can’t get enough of this game. I’m testing the new beta, and it’s even better now. If you do get one, get the shaker and the knocker. Just a great, underrated pen.

2. Flash Gordon. Don’t know what it is about this one ball, relatively simple game. It’s fast, it’s fun, and it’s red. Had one, sold it and missed it so much that I bought another one a couple years ago. Fixed it up, painted the cabinet, put new boards in, and I just love to play this thing.

3. Tommy. What a fun game, especially if it’s really dialed in. An awesome game to put a pinsound board in with big PinWoofer amps and speakers along with a custom soundtrack. Lotta fun to play, nice rule set, cool light show and the totally magnificent blinders tip this one into the #3 spot.

#81 4 years ago

1. TZ, no matter how many times I play it I always have fun. Easily the best PLD. Glad I picked up this pin when I did.
2. MBr, the large colorful display, lighting, call outs and the layout make it fun whenever I play it.
3. LOTR, always intense and fun. Puts a smile on my face when I hear "A new power is rising, to war"

#82 4 years ago

I'll play.

1. Centaur
2. F-14 Tomcat
3. Superflite

I'm sort of surprised to be the first person to mention Centaur. I have a love hate relationship with mine. It died on route, while I was trying to sell it. Then I tried to sell it again broken. And now that I finally got it really working again, I feel like an idiot for trying to sell it. The game is everything I love about pinball wrapped in a heavy metal original theme.

I also have been trying to figure out if I want to part with my F-14. I have a Getaway too. I don't think they both belong in a collection the size of mine, but I can't really bring myself to pull the trigger on selling one.

#83 4 years ago

#1 TBL. DP got me back into pinball with BOP 2.0 after a 10 year hiatus. TBL had immense drama and a great game. I just missed out on EA preorders (a blessing in disguise). Anyway, I hunted down and bought EA30. I’m fortunate to have this rare game; a true masterpiece.

#2 BM66 LE. I grew up with Batman in the 60s. Loved the theme, but was late to the show when this game was released. I was fortunate to get a totally (an tastelfully) highly modded BM66LE from @ramdomkg (Kevin really knows how to mod a game!)

#3 Williams Grand Prix. This the pin that got me on the hobby back in the early 80s (read my story https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/toucanf16/stories/started-back-in-1984). I lost interest in EMs and sold GP, missed it an found another from Mikespinball . I had it sent to Chris and now have an awesome HEP gem.

#85 4 years ago

Nice thread topic, but I’m surprised his many can’t follow instructions and simply listed three games and no reason why for their #1 choice!

#86 4 years ago

At home right now:
1. Getaway
2. Dr Who
3. Corvette

Getaway, my first pin. Simple rules, fairly easy, nice shots, and man does it feel good getting the super jackpot during red line mania. I'm often finding myself saying; "Just one more game...".

At our location:
1. AFM
2. SS
3. TNA

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from pellew:

At home right now:
1. Getaway
2. Dr Who
3. Corvette
Getaway, my first pin. Simple rules, fairly easy, nice shots, and man does it feel good getting the super jackpot during red line mania. I'm often finding myself saying; "Just one more game...".
At our location:
1. AFM
2. SS
3. TNA

I see your car theme. But, Getaway is just a pure classic.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Difficult call.
1. Houdini. Great shots, amazing ball lock, pretty deep rule set, great art and light effects, and just an absolute blast to play. Just can’t get enough of this game. I’m testing the new beta, and it’s even better now. If you do get one, get the shaker and the knocker. Just a great, underrated pen.
2. Flash Gordon. Don’t know what it is about this one ball, relatively simple game. It’s fast, it’s fun, and it’s red. Had one, sold it and missed it so much that I bought another one a couple years ago. Fixed it up, painted the cabinet, put new boards in, and I just love to play this thing.
3. Tommy. What a fun game, especially if it’s really dialed in. An awesome game to put a pinsound board in with big PinWoofer amps and speakers along with a custom soundtrack. Lotta fun to play, nice rule set, cool light show and the totally magnificent blinders tip this one into the #3 spot.

I wonder why Houdini has such a bad rap. Seems like many folks like it.

#89 4 years ago

1. Iron Maiden (blew my balls off with layout and rules, was not an iron maiden fan before this game drew me in)
2. Zankor (great layout, great rules, hilarious sound track, theme that is off the wall)
3. Cosmic Gunfight (love the layout, Made custom rules that uses the entire playfield. All around fun)

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Nice thread topic, but I’m surprised his many can’t follow instructions and simply listed three games and no reason why for their #1 choice!

Instructions? Who reads instructions?

#91 4 years ago

I love all my games and it also depends on my mood...but:

1. PoTC: Great (unorthodox) shots and code. Fantastic depth. Turn up the sound! Dim the lights! It feels like you're playing a movie in a movie theater. IMO it's about as immersive an experience as pinball can get.

2. AFM. Relatively simple, yet deep enough for most of we pinball mortals. Nice shots, perhaps the ultimate classical "fan layout". Perhaps the #1 "just one more game" of all time.

3. Twilight Zone. Another simple, yet deep game from the 90's. Addictive gameplay that's a bit more cerebral than AFM. The ball shoots into orbits or finds its way into the dusty corners of "Twilight's" attic. Go for door panels/modes. Go for Powerball. Go for the Camera. Town Square Madness. An upper PF controlled by magnets(!).

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

I love all my games and it also depends on my mood (some nights I go all Sterns or all Williams or Spooky)...but:
1. PoTC: Great (unorthodox) shots and code. Fantastic depth. Turn up the sound! Dim the lights! It feels like you're playing a movie in a movie theater. IMO it's about as immersive an experience as pinball can get.
2. AFM. Relatively simple, yet deep enough for most of we pinball mortals. Nice shots, perhaps the ultimate classical "fan layout". Perhaps the #1 "just one more game" of all time.
3. Twilight Zone. Another simple, yet deep game from the 90's. Addictive gameplay that's a bit more cerebral than AFM. The ball shoots into orbits or finds its way into the dusty corners of "Twilight's" attic. Go for door panels/modes. Go for Powerball. Go for the Camera. Town Square Madness. An upper PF controlled by magnets(!).

#93 4 years ago

I also love my whole collection. Favorite changes now and then.

1-TSPP. Grew up with Simpsons and the game is fun.

2-LOTR. Love the 3 movies. Really like playing some long games.

3-TZ. Game has so much to do. Classic.

#94 4 years ago

Well I've only got two pins so I'll just rank those:

#1: Stargate
I've learned all the ins-and-outs of this game and really enjoy trying to do everything just right to get a 3X Eye of Ra with a high super jackpot. It rarely happens, but when it does, it's super exciting!

#2: Mousin' Around
I probably play this a bit more than Stargate, but that's because it's newer and games tend to be quicker. Still looking for a center ramp, but also still really enjoying the game regardless. I was *this* close to getting a 2X 5 million jackpot the other day, which was super exciting!

#95 4 years ago

woz, tz, afmr le

#96 4 years ago

1. Indy Williams
2. GNR
3. TOTAN

and DE Star Wars as a fun 4th

#97 4 years ago

I only have 4 in my collection, Genie, Embryon, Solar city and Firepower.
so, top three is :
1.Genie -artwork , playfield. Nothing deep for rules just enjoyable.
2.Embryon - layout
3. Firepower - loved it as a kid, fast paced

top three wishlist
Addams, Deadpool, Spirit

3 weeks later
#98 4 years ago

Very hard.....

Spiderman 2007
Twd
Gotg

#99 4 years ago

1,2,3 in no particular order . Title I have owned for awhile and just shopped or fixed long standing issue . Newest pin to collection ( assuming fully functional ) . Title I am getting ready to service since I want to get all needed parts on single parts order prior to starting ( high hopes usually fall short ) .

Enjoy the day ! Shane

#100 4 years ago

TAF
Shadow
TBL

TAF probably #1. I have an awesome custom restoration on that machine by a fellow Pinsider.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-3-in-your-current-collection-why-your-1-pin/page/2?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.