(Topic ID: 292290)

Top 100...Code updates change everything

By sepins

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Top 100...Code updates change everything”

• Leave rating system as is 4 votes
      25%
    • Change system to a weighted system that relies more on recent ratings 2 votes
      13%
    • Why R U up at 5:30 AM doing this post...Go back to bed! 10 votes
      63%

(16 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Seems there should be a minor change to rating system.

Code updates change a game so much and old ratings are meaningless.

KISS and Ghostbusters would be 2 that would be considered drastic changes to game.

Maybe for calculating it only uses a certain percent of oldest and weighted more on newer ratings???

Still show all the ratings but change calculation method.

#2 3 years ago

It truly is hilarious how salty MM, Afm, and Mb taking the top spots makes people

#3 3 years ago

Aren’t people able to back and adjust their ratings?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Aren’t people able to back and adjust their ratings?

Yes.

#5 3 years ago

Don’t take the ratings or other’s opinions on Pinside seriously and you’ll have a lot more fun with pinball.

#6 3 years ago

I used to care about the top 100 but I just don't anymore. I forget it's there most of the time.

Games are ranked on four criteria: Artwork, Sounds & Music, Other (Lighting/Theming) and Game Design. 75% of that is decided right away when a new game is revealed, so as long as it looks awesome, it's guaranteed to be near the top of that list. That's a low bar imo.

It'd be awesome if I could see a top 100 on "Game Design" alone. The ranks are already there so I assume it'd be easy to do and it's what most people care about. Games with a great layout and ruleset last the longest in my collection. I have a feeling that we'd see a lot of games rise and fall on this criteria alone. I'd be interested to see which ones!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100code-updates-change-everything?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.