(Topic ID: 266893)

Top 100 Greatest Glam & Hair Metal Songs

By Chosen_S

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    Stewart (resized).jpg
    2E2DB311-8041-4695-BCFA-6A61F9A71EF0 (resized).png
    tenor (4).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago

#29 4 years ago

#31 4 years ago

T. Rex- Get it on.

#32 4 years ago

I'll just leave this here. Two of the greatest guitarists ever. From the 1976 film Welcome to My Nightmare.

#34 4 years ago

Lou Reed's Sweet Jane live featuring Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter on the guitars.

#36 4 years ago

Dangerous Toys- Sportin a Woody.

#40 4 years ago

Salty Dog- Come Along.

#42 4 years ago

Ugly Kid Joe- Neighbor

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I think should always be higher on everyone's list is WASP.

I got thrown out of a Wasp concert for stage diving, but snuck right back in.

Guess I'm just a Wild Child.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I love that version of Sweet Jane. It doesn’t get any better!

Guitar World rated that solo as one of the greatest of all time in the top 100.

#49 4 years ago
    Stewart (resized).jpgStewart (resized).jpg
    #50 4 years ago

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Warrant.

#58 4 years ago

Y&T- Alcohol

#60 4 years ago

Wild Child by WASP.

This song has as much harmony as any Dokken song. In an interview, Blackie Lawless said his only regret was he was an exceptional baseball player, good enough to play pro.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

They are not bad. I never heard of them. But Googling and they are still around 38 years later. Sold 12 millions albums.

They threw raw meat into the crowd. lol.

In The Decline of Western Civilization, The Metal Years, there is a memorable scene with their guitarist Chris Holmes talking with his mother and the interviewer while floating on a raft in a pool. Very memorable.

#71 4 years ago

I bet some of you here would have loved to have been at this extravaganza of an anniversary party.

I even bought the T-shirt.

https://theultimatebootlegexperience7.blogspot.com/2015/07/pure-rock-1055-knac-1988-01-05-santa.html

#72 4 years ago

Lord fn Tracy

#76 4 years ago

Coming' Atcha Live was a major statement. That whole album was.

#77 4 years ago

They played my high school with this lineup. Someone mentioned the guitar player earlier. He won the battle of the bands that day. I voted for him.

I became friends with the bass player and his wife later while he was running a video rental store, during a time when he was trying to come out of grieving. Some of the nicest and coolest people I ever had the pleasure to meet.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
    #80 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

That is a guitar army backed by a kick ass drummer.

Irvine Meadows when that came out. They were trading off headlining with Great White on that tour, and Tesla got the nod that night. Blew some hair back for sure. Yes, I finally remember what was decent about the 80s. We were reliving the 70s.

#83 4 years ago

Pantera

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Little Suzi, Chagnes, and Getter Better were great tunes. They used to be played on the radio all the time.

Let's not forget "I'm a cowboy in the modern world"

#86 4 years ago

Sometimes you just had to be there. Feel free to sing along.

#88 4 years ago

Way better than Bon Jovi's cowboy song.

#89 4 years ago

I have a real special treat for you guys tonight. Greg Giuffria, Punky Meadows, and their band Angel.

The most amazing hair to ever grace a stage.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have a few singles from Angel in my jukebox. They were touted as the ying/yang to KISS (both were on Casablanca), but it never happened for them.

I went to their concert promoting the third album and it was not very good. The warmup band The Godz was more fun to watch. I did however somewhat like Angel's second album Heluva Band when I was a teenager.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Early Def Leppard - Let it Go

Even earlier Def Leppard- Wasted

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from VanishingVision:

they never got better than High 'n' Dry.

I agree with that. We did a lot of hearty partying with that one blaring.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

David Bowie the original

And his buddy Mick Ronson. A way underrated guitar player who was light years ahead of his time.

1 week later
    #138 3 years ago

Great White- Mista Bone

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100-greatest-glam-amp-hair-metal-songs?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.