(Topic ID: 266893)

Top 100 Greatest Glam & Hair Metal Songs

By Chosen_S

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    Stewart (resized).jpg
    2E2DB311-8041-4695-BCFA-6A61F9A71EF0 (resized).png
    tenor (4).gif
    There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

I’ve been building this playlist for a while, thought I’d share it with everyone here.

If there’s a song that should absolutely be in and not a total deep cut, please request it.

I only have Apple Music.

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/100-greatest-hair-glam-metal-songs/pl.u-jV890vLu1AZM7

Hope you enjoy

#2 3 years ago

Dokken and Cinderella. Good job. You are missing Cinderella's Gypsy Road. Puh-puh-puh-Pushin'! Hot and Bothered too. Great blues licks in that. Bad Seamstress Blues/Falling Apart at the Seams. Good blues based stuff. The Last Mile. Yeah, I'd put 10 Cinderella songs on that list.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Dokken and Cinderella. Good job. You are missing Cinderella's Gypsy Road. Puh-puh-puh-Pushin'! Hot and Bothered too. Great blues licks in that. Bad Seamstress Blues/Falling Apart at the Seams. Good blues based stuff. The Last Mile. Yeah, I'd put 10 Cinderella songs on that list.

Boom! All in there now, great suggestions

#4 3 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but as a guitar player I can appreciate the caliber of guitar work by a lot of these bands. Anyway, there are a few I like, and they tend to be on the sleazy side.

#5 3 years ago

Aerosmith not really a hair band. But they glammed it up fr awhile. Gotta include them

#6 3 years ago

Good to see TNT on there. I love the bands that struck a balance between the glam/pop stuff and more traditional metal. The title track from that album is spectacular.

#7 3 years ago

Zebra - Tell me what you want.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Aerosmith not really a hair band. But they glammed it up fr awhile. Gotta include them

depends on the song. Have a suggestion?

(They’re so blues pop with no high pitch wailing 80’s guitar it’s going to be difficult. Dream on doesn’t fit the bill, neither does sweet emotion, or walk this way. They sort of dressed the part, but didn’t really stamp in the metal )

#9 3 years ago

Glad to see Autograph’s “Turn up the radio”

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

depends on the song. Have a suggestion?
    (They’re so blues pop with no high pitch wailing 80’s guitar it’s going to be difficult. Dream on doesn’t fit the bill, neither does sweet emotion, or walk this way. They sort of dressed the part, but didn’t really stamp in the metal )

Crazy or love in elevator?

#11 3 years ago

All that is coming to mind (that isn't already covered ) is deep cuts (Lillian Ax, Roxx Gang, Shotgun Messiah, Heavens Edge) as for something overlooked...I see you have some Britny Fox, but when I think Britny Fox I think Girls School. It could use a bit more Europe also...

Glad to see Killer Dwarfs, TNT and Enuff Z'Nuff on the playlist.

#12 3 years ago

How bout y&t. "Keep on runnin"

#13 3 years ago

LA guns, Crue, GNR, Cinderella - anything from these 4 bands

#14 3 years ago

Triumph - Fight the good fight

Perfect tune during imperfect times

#15 3 years ago

#16 3 years ago

If this isn't in there.....well you need to add it!

#17 3 years ago

Early Crue from 82

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How bout y&t. "Keep on runnin"

Y&t - don’t stop runnin’

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

If this isn't in there.....well you need to add it!

Dude, bro. No, the song actually needs to be not obnoxious, lol. Thanks for the share, I’ve actually never heard that one

#20 3 years ago

Can't leave this one off that list. It's a true Rock n Roll Anthem! One of the Greatest of All-Time!

#21 3 years ago

Good tunes on your list. Based on your taste you would like Dirty Looks. A couple good tunes from them would be - Cool From the wire and Turn of the Screw

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[Personality Crisis]

Ground zero for Glam AND Punk!

(BTW I tend to think the Apple playlist is bogus because it doesn’t include any of the 70s acts that the 80s bands “borrowed” from!)

In addition to the Dolls, you also need:

#23 3 years ago

If you like the earlier, heavier glam like Crue, WASP, and Twisted Sister, you'll like Seduce.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Can't leave this one off that list. It's a true Rock n Roll Anthem! One of the Greatest of All-Time!

Thank you, for some reason Apple likes to randomly remove stuff from the playlist, I’ve had that song in there for months, and today I’m having to re-add it, weird stuff

#25 3 years ago
    tenor (4).giftenor (4).gif
    #26 3 years ago

Never heard Seduce. Good tune and yeah they sure as shit do sound like Motley Crue.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dude, bro. No, the song actually needs to be not obnoxious, lol. Thanks for the share, I’ve actually never heard that one

It's perfect, hair metal butt rock IS obnoxious......

And I love it!

#28 3 years ago

Seventeen — Winger
    Let it go — Def Leppard
    Don’t Tell Me You Love Me — Night Ranger

#29 3 years ago

#30 3 years ago

Some bans and songs I liked in my youth
    Helix - Rock you

Manowar - Warriors of the world

Saxon - Solid ball of rock

D.A.D. - Sleeping my day away

Helloween- I want out

#31 3 years ago

T. Rex- Get it on.

#32 3 years ago

I'll just leave this here. Two of the greatest guitarists ever. From the 1976 film Welcome to My Nightmare.

#33 3 years ago

Solo kicks in at 4:20

#34 3 years ago

Lou Reed's Sweet Jane live featuring Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter on the guitars.

#35 3 years ago

Steve Stevens

Atomic Playboys

#36 3 years ago

Dangerous Toys- Sportin a Woody.

#37 3 years ago

Axe - Rock n Roll Party in the Streets

#38 3 years ago

Gotta have some Skid Row in there!

#39 3 years ago

Whitesnake

Fool for your loving

#40 3 years ago

Salty Dog- Come Along.

#41 3 years ago

Nazareth

Hair of the Dog.

Hair of the Dog. The song stands on its own. But here is some nice T & A to go with. The only thing missing is the pole.

#42 3 years ago

Ugly Kid Joe- Neighbor

#43 3 years ago

So many good ones, but ones that stick out besides the main stays:

WASP - great band with 5 killer albums under their belt. Their debut was amazing.

KIX - shorter output but Blow My Fuse is awesome.

Honeymoon Suite - more on the lighter side of the spectrum, but some great songwriting and they had a good guitarist.

Extreme - probably had put out the best album of the 80's. Of all the hair bands I've seen lately, caught them at the House of Blues a few years ago and the place was sold out, and the band looked like they only aged a few years. Hell of a show and Nuno is a shredder.

The Cult - another perfect album (Sonic Temple) released and they continue to bring it.

#44 3 years ago
    2E2DB311-8041-4695-BCFA-6A61F9A71EF0 (resized).png2E2DB311-8041-4695-BCFA-6A61F9A71EF0 (resized).png
    #45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I think should always be higher on everyone's list is WASP.

I got thrown out of a Wasp concert for stage diving, but snuck right back in.

Guess I'm just a Wild Child.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lou Reed's Sweet Jane live featuring Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter on the guitars.

I love that version of Sweet Jane. It doesn’t get any better!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I love that version of Sweet Jane. It doesn’t get any better!

Guitar World rated that solo as one of the greatest of all time in the top 100.

#48 3 years ago

Kix - HammerJacks.....I still got that itch

#49 3 years ago
    Stewart (resized).jpgStewart (resized).jpg
    #50 3 years ago

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Warrant.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100-greatest-glam-amp-hair-metal-songs?hl=vanishingvision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.