(Topic ID: 266893)

Top 100 Greatest Glam & Hair Metal Songs

By Chosen_S

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown (resized).jpg
    Stewart (resized).jpg
    2E2DB311-8041-4695-BCFA-6A61F9A71EF0 (resized).png
    tenor (4).gif
    There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

The first two Def Leppard records are the best, especially High 'n' Dry. The blend of melody and aggression on that album is unbeatable, and while I like Pyromania and Hysteria quite a bit, they never got better than High 'n' Dry.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from VanishingVision:

they never got better than High 'n' Dry.

I agree with that. We did a lot of hearty partying with that one blaring.

#103 4 years ago

David Bowie the original

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

David Bowie the original

And his buddy Mick Ronson. A way underrated guitar player who was light years ahead of his time.

#105 4 years ago

The first two Def Leppard records are the best, especially High 'n' Dry. The blend of melody and aggression on that album is unbeatable, and while I like Pyromania and Hysteria quite a bit, they never got better than High 'n' Dry.

Yes!! One of my favorite albums to play in it's entirety every time. I got to see them when i was 15 on the Pyromania tour. Wish I still had the T-shirt

#106 4 years ago

Did anyone mention Hanoi Rocks?

Edit: R.I.P. Razzle

#107 4 years ago

Doro hits the spot when it comes to the hair and other aspects as well
    Warlock - All we are

#108 4 years ago

I went back and looked through a bunch of my old music from the 80's. Wow, I didn't realize how much hair metal i had

Here are some of my favorite songs that weren't mentioned:

Tora Tora - Guilty
    Every Mother's Nightmare - Walls Come Down
    Love/Hate - Black Out In the Red Room
    Electric Boys - Lips And Hips

#109 4 years ago

I dug up some of these gems as well!

Little Caesar - Down and Dirty
    Babylon AD - Bang Go The Bells
    Keel - The Right To Rock
    Pretty Maids - Future World
    Childs Play - Day After Night
    Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down
    Tyketto - Forever Young
    XYZ - Inside Out

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I dug up some of these gems as well!
    Little Caesar - Down and Dirty
    Babylon AD - Bang Go The Bells
    Keel - The Right To Rock
    Pretty Maids - Future World
    Childs Play - Day After Night
    Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down
    Tyketto - Forever Young
    XYZ - Inside Out

Wow what kind of sheltered life did I live. I’ve never even heard of any of them.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Wow what kind of sheltered life did I live. I’ve never even heard of any of them.

KEEL had a little success.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I agree with that. We did a lot of hearty partying with that one blaring.

I’m sure you would of enjoyed one of our Canadian bush parties back in the day.., long hair, Jean jacket Filled with batteries Smokes and weed. Couple pleasure packs.. (fellow Canadians remember those beer cases). A Big roaring fire, 80s rock cranked ..good ol days.

#113 4 years ago

Don't forget these guys....

#114 4 years ago

Would the four horseman qualify? ..mabey a little too recent

#115 4 years ago

Technically not hair metal or glam rock but near enough , a fucken' great song most of you guys probably have never heard .

#116 4 years ago

Really good song Man thanks for sharing...ironically Lead singer sounds a bit like Frank Starr (four Horseman) R.I.P Frank.

#117 4 years ago

Still my favorite type of music. Your list is great and I am going to have to check out some of the suggestions in this thread that i haven't heard. Just recently discovered this song from 1988. The whole album is great

#119 4 years ago

Killer Dwarfs.
    I remember this band due to my buddy in art class who painted a killer Dwarfs album but spelled it killer dwafs...he for got the R ..lol

#120 4 years ago

Gotta have some vocal range:

#121 4 years ago

And Rainbow and Elf

#122 4 years ago

Anyone know Lion? They're most known for their cover of the Transformers theme for the 1986 animated movie, but they had two albums and an EP as well. Doug Aldrich on guitar, later to play with Dio and Whitesnake, and vocals by Kal Swan of the NWOBHM band Tytan.

#123 4 years ago

Black Sabbath - Lady Evil..... that bass line pushed my bazooka subs to 11

Ronnie James Dio rocked the shit out of those Sabbath albums. Ozzy who?

#124 4 years ago

This guys YouTube channel is amazing.

#125 4 years ago

Took me some time to figure out this not so known Swedish band, released their first album in 1989 and made a follow up album last year

Steelwings - Stand up and shout loud

#126 4 years ago

Steel Panther, taking the genre to its most ridiculous logical conclusion (possibly offensive):

(They even managed to get the “Behind the Music” treatment, with no less than Scott Ian, Dave Navarro, and Dee Snider citing them as influences.)

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

I’ve never even heard of any of them.

I never missed a Headbangers Ball episode, despite Rikki Rachtman.

Quoted from Methos:

Don't forget these guys....

I was going to list them, but I didn't consider them to be Hair Metal.

Another band i forgot to list is Badlands.

#128 4 years ago

TEENAGE HEAD

#129 4 years ago

The Canadian Ramones!! More of a Pop punk band, but great! Interesting history too.

#130 4 years ago

A short lived project with multiple members coming and going, but the debut of John Skye's solo work is one of the best albums in the genre. If only he and Coverdale were compatible.....

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

A short lived project with multiple members coming and going, but the debut of John Skye's solo work is one of the best albums in the genre. If only he and Coverdale were compatible.....

Hell yeah, was about to post a song from Blue Murder. Picked up that album about five or so years ago and was extremely surprised by how good it was. Pretty damn heavy, too.

#132 4 years ago

Uh oh

#133 4 years ago

Fantastic list! Thanks. Would you consider "I Want Out" by Helloween?

A little more metal, but definitely have the look and feel of Hair!

#134 4 years ago

McQueen Street

Wildside

Sweet FA

#135 4 years ago

Some realLy solid tunes here, alot i have never heard. having a blast playing them and rockin out

#136 4 years ago

Blue Murder ..good stuff! first time hearing

#137 4 years ago

Hell yeah, was about to post a song from Blue Murder. Picked up that album about five or so years ago and was extremely surprised by how good it was. Pretty damn heavy, too.

We loved John's work with Whitesnake and knew he wrote a lot of the 87 album, so when BM came out we picked it up and were lucky to see the incarnation of that line up (John, Carmine, Tony). They were incredible and for John to sing AND play those riffs...wow. Still sounds great today.

#138 3 years ago

Great White- Mista Bone

#139 3 years ago

Grim Reaper- Rock You To Hell

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100-greatest-glam-amp-hair-metal-songs/page/3?hl=marcus0202 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.