(Topic ID: 145729)

Top 100 - Consolidate Pro/Prem Rankings (Poll included!)

By Damonator

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hottubr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should Pro/Prem Models Be Consolidated in the Top 100?”

• Yes - consolidate 87 votes
      63%
    • No - leave it alone 52 votes
      37%

(139 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image.png
    TronRank.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrotilt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 8 years ago

I couldn't agree more that the ratings need to be consolidated. Sure, there are some feature differences, but the overwhelming majority of the game is the same. Although I don't think ratings are everything (after all, I do have a Popeye in my collection), I enjoy sometimes browsing the Top 100 List and I would welcome seeing more variety in it.

I also think there should be a way to list how many games you've played on a particular machine when you rate it. There could be some behind the scenes formula that gives weight to your rating based on the number of games you've played. For example, a rating from someone who has played 25 games on a machine would be weighted slightly more in the game's total ranking than a rating from someone who has played 3 games. I hate reading ratings that say "I walked away after my second ball" and then that person posts a review bashing the game. I know how subjective reviews and rankings are, but I don't know of any pinball machine that could be fairly rated after playing less than a handful of games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrotilt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-100-consolidate-proprem-rankings-poll-included?tu=retrotilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.