Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by kursiv
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WWE = 304.png
page4.png

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I'll update this list from time to time, so we can have quick access to pins #301-400. Feel free to add any to this thread as you find them, and I'll add them up here. Sure, it won't always be up to date, but it's surely better than nothing at all.

#301-400

301 Close Encounters of the Third Kind 6.554
302 Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World 6.531
303 Victory 6.528
304 Mario Andretti 6.526
305 Black Pyramid 6.523
306 Space Jam 6.520
307 Star Trek (Bally) 6.498
308 Secret Service 6.497
309 Wrestlemania 6.481
310 Gladiators 6.480
311 Hollywood Heat 6.472
312 The Rolling Stones (Stern) 6.441
313 Rolling Stones (Bally) 6.439
314 Playboy 35th Anniversary (Data East) 6.434
315 Tri Zone 6.432
316 Flipper Football 6.413
317 X's & O's (Bally) 6.389
318 Hyperball 6.375
316 Panthera 6.355
319 Gold Wings 6.353
320 Fireball Home Edition 6.321
319 Kings of Steel 6.257
321 Shaq Attaq 6.229
322 Motordome 6.218
323 Viper Night Drivin' 6.213
324 The Lost World Jurassic Park 6.212
325 Orbitor 1 6.188
326 Striker Xtreme 6.143
327 Spy Hunter 6.137
328 Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball 5.869
329 Charlie's Angels 5.500
330 Hercules 5.395

1 week later
#2 5 years ago

Hi Robin,

I'm wondering if there are plans to create a 4th page for games 301-400?

I looked up BBBB and Pinside said it was game #307, and I went to look for it in the Top 100, and apparently I could not.

thanks,
mof

#3 5 years ago

Bump for more games!

#5 5 years ago

I would like to see those as well

#6 5 years ago

Sorry, but we only have little over 300 games that have the required number of ratings (15) from approved raters (can you imagine, with nearly 60,000 total votes?). Truth is there are not a lot of people rating the "unpopular" games, it seems. It's gonna take a while before we'll see a top 300-400.

#7 5 years ago

I believe I read something a while back about changing the rating system, where each user does a ranked list, best to worst, which then translates to the overall ranked list. no more score ratings.. is this in the works?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Sorry, but we only have little over 300 games that have the required number of ratings (15) from approved raters (can you imagine, with nearly 60,000 total votes?). Truth is there are not a lot of people rating the "unpopular" games, it seems. It's gonna take a while before we'll see a top 300-400.

Sorry, I am not following what the challenge is.

I'm having trouble imagining the issue of having a fourth page with the twenty or so pins that are 301-320.

(As you know, every time Stern releases a pin, they release TWO and increase the list size by TWO, so that move alone increases the list length by 4+ a year.)

-mof

5 months later
#9 4 years ago

If we don't soon get a Page 4, people will wonder why there are no ratings for Stern's Wrestlemania.
It's getting serious in here!
-mof

page4.png
#10 4 years ago

I'd like for this post to be moved to "bugs" for sure...
I still don't see the logic in not giving pins 301-400 their due recognition...
-mof

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I believe I read something a while back about changing the rating system, where each user does a ranked list, best to worst, which then translates to the overall ranked list. no more score ratings.. is this in the works?

I would love to do that but right now I have stuff higher up on my list. But it's indeed in the plans to do something like this.

Quoted from mof:

I'm having trouble imagining the issue of having a fourth page with the twenty or so pins that are 301-320.

Not so much an issue but more that I didn't like a "half" page

2 weeks later
#12 4 years ago

And then it happened... (gasp!)
WWE is gone from the infamous top (100/200/300) ...

Stern fans must unite for a page 4 !
-mof

WWE = 304.png

#13 4 years ago

I too would love to see a 4th page. I kind of like seeing all the really bad games and peoples response to them. It's kind of like when you watch a really bad movie. Even tho the movie sucks. It still has a time and it's place. All games deserve to be on the rankings list. Also they are more likely to get reviews. Rather than. Just forgotten.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How do I view games ranked 301-400?

You could always come to my house.

4 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

I would sure like to see 301-400. The pins in this range are REAL pins that deserve real love just like any other pin.
I don't see why BBBB and WWE and others have been banished to the underworld on this site.
If page 4 has 20 or 40 or 60 or 80 pins, it's still page 4.
Please render it!

Who wants page 4?
We do!
When do we want it?
TIMMAY!

The forsaken pins of page 4 deserve a better fate than this.
-mof

#17 4 years ago

There's nothing wrong witht the current rating system. It's an opinion based evaluation of pins based on a pretty good set of criteria. What you end up with a list where very little separates pins within 20 places of each other. Over time, with lots of ratings, pins find their level.

The problem is people make too much of the relative positions, as if there is significant difference between #5 and # 15.

#18 4 years ago

The current #5 and #15 games are Lord of the Rings and Metallica respectively. I'd describe the gulf in quality between those two games as significant, to say the least.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

The current #5 and #15 games are Lord of the Rings and Metallica respectively. I'd describe the gulf in quality between those two games as significant, to say the least.

You would but there are many who would say that Metallica is better. In the long run, with hundreds of ratings, they are pretty close. My point is that the current system works over time and games level out likely where they belong. Just don't make to much of the rankings because its opinion not fact.

#20 4 years ago

well why is CV at #17 ? for its good looks ?
it has no variety of shots... personal opinion of course.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

well why is CV at #17 ? for its good looks ?
it has no variety of shots... personal opinion of course.

I think it has a lot of variety of shots.

Menagerie ball/target.
Full orbit on left, or
Juggler on left, or
Side show on left.
Left ramp to right flipper, or
Left ramp to ball lock.
Center loop left.
WOW targets.
Ringmaster when active
Center loop right.
full orbit on right, or
Right ramp to left flipper.

#22 4 years ago

I'm not a Westlemania fan, but come on, it's better than page 4. Hopefuuly Stern will show some pride and salvage it from page 4 with a major code, i.e, ring, improvement.

#23 4 years ago

I think the list should be comprehensive, and contain ALL games. If the rating system was reworked in the way mentioned above, (we all rank games top to bottom) it would be so easy to rank lots of games. That way, every game would quickly have enough rankings to make the list. If this is to be THE go-to pinball resource, I should contain all of the games. Perhaps a partnership with IPDB for the info on the unusual games?

#24 4 years ago

Who wants page 4?
We do!
When do we want it?
TIMMAY!

I sincerely hope we see a page 4 this year...
-mof

2 weeks later
#26 4 years ago

Never give up on the dream!
-mof

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

WWE = 304.png

Just do what everyone did for Star Trek, rank it as a 10 to manipulate it to where you want it

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

WWE = 304.png

The problem is by the time you get a page 4 added WWE will be on page 5

3 weeks later
#29 4 years ago

Keeping the dream alive...
-mof

#30 4 years ago

Doing my part to keep a man's dream alive!

#31 4 years ago

I'm confident that if we earn it, then Robin will provide a field we can click on to see the next 100. Meaning that if we have provided enough ratings with meaningful comments on about 60 to 100 or more pins that are not already in the top 300 (or the next 100 e-m pins), then Robin will/should post them imho.

How far are we into rating pins 301 to 400, anyone have an idea?

Looking fwd to seeing the next set of ranked pins even if it is not filled out to 100 more.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Looking fwd to seeing the next set of ranked pins even if it is not filled out to 100 more.

So am I. This hostage crisis must come to an end. Even if there is ONE pin on the NEXT page, I would prefer that it would always be shown. It's good information, and I can't think of a good reason to hide good information from Pinsiders.

-mof

1 week later
#33 4 years ago

Here's a simple workaround until it gets added to the site: we can crowdsource 301-400. Whenever you search for a pin and it comes up in the 301-400 range, please paste the link here, and I'll add it to the list in post #1.

-mof

#35 4 years ago

Dude, Popeye still beats WWE pro.

Even worse, WWE LE owners are so embarrassed not enough of them bothered to rate enough to even "get" rated.

Sorry man, but you have to know either lay down the protest sign or get better ammunition.

This is fun (so don't stop)

#36 4 years ago

I don't know if this takes all the fun out of things, but I just used the Advanced Search feature and queried all SS games in descending rating order. The last game with enough ratings to be given an average rating is Hercules, at #330 with a rating of 5.395. The information below does show the average Pinside ratings in descending order, but if you notice, the actual ranking number in the left column sometimes gets out of order (see Panthera and Kings of Steel, for example). I don't know if this is due to new ratings coming in or some other database wackiness, but here you go:

EDIT: Removed full list from this post as it's now stickied in the first post. For reference, note that the list was compiled on 9/15/15.

6 months later
#37 4 years ago

We shall never forget you #301-400
BBB has fallen to #346 !!!
Hercules at #347...
47 machines now trapped in the "eternal shame ward" at Pinside...

-mof

4 months later
#38 3 years ago

Oh how the mighty have fallen:
1. Hercules at #358
2. BBBB at #356
3. WWE at #323

We will never EVER forget you, #301-400 !!!

58 machines now banned from the top 400...
-mof

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

There's nothing wrong witht the current rating system. It's an opinion based evaluation of pins based on a pretty good set of criteria. What you end up with a list where very little separates pins within 20 places of each other. Over time, with lots of ratings, pins find their level.
The problem is people make too much of the relative positions, as if there is significant difference between #5 and # 15.

Dude, pass some of what you're smoking. IMVE is currently #1 and IM is currently #33 ????? It's the same machine and there's 32 machines between them, I'd say there is a BIG problem with the rating system on Pinside.

2 weeks later
#40 3 years ago

I came here to post a request for page 4 do was happy too see this on top.

Can we see a list of games requiring more reviews?

#41 3 years ago

That's a great idea...
Mof

Quoted from cait001:

Can we see a list of games requiring more reviews?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Dude, pass some of what you're smoking. IMVE is currently #1 and IM is currently #33 ????? It's the same machine and there's 32 machines between them, I'd say there is a BIG problem with the rating system on Pinside.

I agree, multiple titles take up space. Let each title occupy one space and weight premiums slightly higher in the same category.

2 weeks later
#43 3 years ago

3 new pins on the top-300.

Hercules has moved to #362.

Perhaps when we see 38 more pins, we'll get to see the entire "top-400"

-mof

1 week later
#44 3 years ago

On the topic of under-reviewed pins, I stumbled on this pinsider who has contributed ratings AND reviews for 731 games... https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/caucasian2step/ratings/comments
EPIC!

#45 3 years ago

causcasion2step is the king of all raters and the one I look for when researching a pin. Always provides an unbiased and informative review.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

causcasion2step is the king of all raters and the one I look for when researching a pin. Always provides an unbiased and informative review.

Seriously, I'm very impressed. I'm trying to follow suit, reviewing every machine that comes through my house. one day!
I found his list when I realized I was the only person to have reviewed Kick Off.

2 months later
#47 3 years ago

2 more pins have received 15 ratings: TBL and one other.

Hercules is now #364...

One day... One day... 301-400 will be Free from shame!

-mof

#48 3 years ago

Free O Din's pins from the gallows of rankings. Ring the doorbell and run like hell.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

One day... One day... 301-400 will be Free from shame!

Can we get an edit on the 300-400 list?
Hercules has gone from 334 to 364, so we need to see the 30 new games now in exile!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Not so much an issue but more that I didn't like a "half" page

Perhaps a little poll would be helpful to see what the people that support this site would like to see?
-mof

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Delton, MI
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.99
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside