Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Damien
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

I've watched a bunch of videos on wizard modes, and seems like EOTL on Metallica and Super Hero on Spiderman are sort of the same deal. Just ended lit ramps and shots that just build up points, but don't really have a story to them or even an end.
    To me, that just seems really anticlimactic. Especially considering how much time and work it takes to get to some of these.
    I agree with the point about the game pausing and setting the stage for some BIG! I think Horde does it perfectly.
    Haven't seen what they're doing for the wizards in Iron Maiden, but hopefully they put in something great.
    Any other wizards or mini wizards that are worthy?

So you actually haven't played super hero on SM? Cause I sure feel like a super hero when I get to it, battling the villains with that music is fantastic. Then hitting the spider sense to finish out the mode; it's fantastic. I love wizard modes that have a goal and aren't just timed based chaos. AC/DC encore, Super Hero, Horde, Danger Room (xmen), HOTK (GOT) are some of my favorites.

#7 5 years ago

Oh and Armageddon and Showdown are fun on DI. Though I've only done showdown once and Armageddon a few times.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Played a SMVE today on location and got to Battle Royale. I'm guessing that is the mini-wizard?
    I only had two items missing on the wheel of inserts, so does that mean I may have been close to reaching Super Hero?
    Regardless, I had a lot of fun playing it. It's now on my list of games that will eventually take the spot when I sell my AFMR LE.

SMVE is a super fun pin. But on factory setup, it’s a little easy and can get monotonous in a home setting. I recommend at the very minimum removing the center drain post; the next level in brutality would be adding lightning flippers.

As for Super hero; you were close but you have to defeat all the villains 3 times which is shown on the villains’ insert matrix, not the center web matrix. That web matrix could use some code polish but it’s main use is for the white arrow modes and completions; you have to have all those white arrows lit solid + defeat all the villains 3 times to get super hero.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-10-wizard-modes-to-play?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.