Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 175 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dsmoke1986
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lortium-bg.jpg
    There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

Top ten most under rated pins! Go!

#2 9 years ago

Whatever I'm selling

#3 9 years ago

I think WWF Royal Rumble and NBA Fastbreak are pretty under rated.

#4 9 years ago

im gonna say Mario Andretti and Shaq Attack ... because I will have them up for sale soon and want to create a buzz about them

#6 9 years ago

Lots of EMs.

#8 9 years ago

I will go along with the "lots of EMs"

But the rest are not under rated. They have been rated for years and the masses have decided,

The rest is disagreement due to personal preference.

#9 9 years ago

NBA Fast Break is great
    WPT
    RS

#10 9 years ago

Avengers by far

#11 9 years ago

Indy 500

#12 9 years ago

X-files!!! Amazingly fast and fun when set right....

#13 9 years ago

JD
    Shadow
    JM
    DM
    LAH
    Lights Camera Action
    SOF
    T2
    Maverick
    NBA Fastbreak

#14 9 years ago

NGG, Flintstones, RBION

#15 9 years ago

Xmen
    JM
    T2
    JP
    DM
    JD
    WCS94
    Black Rose

#16 9 years ago

INDY500
    Shadow
    JM
    Congo
    TFTC
    WCS94
    DM
    BSD
    LAH
    NBA:FB

#17 9 years ago

X men!

#18 9 years ago

Lethal weapon 3
    Hook
    Dirty harry
    Woz
    Indy 4

#19 9 years ago

Roadshow. A great Lawlor pin with so much going on. Getting to the West Coast is a real blast. Shooting the ball into Ted's mouth is a great shot for multiball. The country music may turn off some, but it adds to the campiness of the whole theme, I think. Tons of funny banter between Red and Ted. Read the rules and give it a chance.

#20 9 years ago

Flintstones
    TX-Sector
    Atlantis (system 11 not EM)
    Star Wars Episode 1
    Sorcerer

#21 9 years ago

Roadshow for sure....and BAYWATCH!!!!

#22 9 years ago

NGG - finish the ruleset on this game and it would leap to a top20 pin...
    BOP - Love the pinbot series... especially Bride
    Black Knight - a great classic game....
    RS - Cheesy fun from the master....

#23 9 years ago

No Good Gofers
    Congo
    Fish Tales
    Whirlwind
    Funhouse
    Elvira and the Party Monsters
    Bram Strokers Dracula
    Black Rose
    Road Show
    The Champion Pub

#24 9 years ago

X-Men
    Dr. Dude
    Elvis
    Shrek

#26 9 years ago

X-men.
    Shadow

These deserve a top 10 spot.

My personal top 10

1:Medieval madness
    2:Shadow
    3:Xmen
    4:Star trk next gen
    5:stern star trek
    6:Totan
    7: TOM
    8:Cirqus voltaire
    9: johnny mnemonic
    10: revenge from mars

These are my pics based on gameplay, fun, and features.
    If i could only have 10 this would be it.

#27 9 years ago

Avengers - its becoming a very popular pinball latetly...
    Nba fastbreak - such a great game very different score function
    Sopranos - great theme , cracking open the safe is always fun , plus the dancing strippers makes it very unique
    Transformers - a lot of fun once you know the rules !!!
    Fish tales - some love it some hate it ....
    Indy 500 - why did I get rid of mine ? Dam it !!!
    Congo - easy to understand and a lot of fun
    Champion pub - I want one of these .....
    Shrek - such a great game , excellent call outs , fun ,fun , fun .
    Goldeneye - great game , great shoots, great layout , great ramps In other words GREAT .

#28 9 years ago

24. my wife played it at pagg. she loved it and grabbed me to go play it. its a fun game with some cool features and of course, Steve Ritchie flow.

#29 9 years ago

Road Show
    Fish Tales
    Frankenstein

#30 9 years ago

JM
    DM
    Rbion

#32 9 years ago

Apollo 13
    dr.who

#33 9 years ago

I'll say Phantom of the Opera.

#34 9 years ago

Black Hole is easily the most underrated pin in my mind. on pinside's top 100, it's like #84 -- barely makes the top 100. play a good one and you will be shocked by the challenge and speed.

i truly don't get why a game like Haunted House is ranked higher -- they are virtually sister games, except Black Hole features speech and multiball, while HH has neither. Black Hole is also a cooler theme with better art, but that's at least subjective i guess.

Black Hole is one of the most challenging games ever made in terms of getting to multiball, and once you get there, it's one of the most disorienting multiball modes in all of pinball. tracking balls across the upper and inverted lower playfield at once is a totally unique and chaotic experience.

But the real slap in Black Hole's face is that BH abbreviates to Big Hurt on pinside! cmon, nobody talks about Big Hurt!

just my opinion, of course

#35 9 years ago

Solar Fire - A real gem that never quite received the respect it deserves. Even Pinside disses it by not underlining it when typed. No respect I tell ya.

#36 9 years ago

IJ4 for me, I'm not saying its a top 20 or 30 even but mid 100's is foolish.

#37 9 years ago

Another vote for Road Show! Pretty much any pin by Lawlor that isnt TZ or TAF is underrated. He is a consistent master of inventive shots and plain old fun. RBION is frickin awesome and a close second for me. Cant wait to see what he does at JJP

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Black Hole is easily the most underrated pin in my mind.

Okay. Based on your recommendation, I'll be on the alert for one to play. I've seen it but never played it, I believe. Thanks.

#39 9 years ago

I completely agree with this. I played a lot of great EM's at TPF. Wish I had room for more.

Agree that Black Hole should be on the list. Probably Genie too. I've heard Black Hole can be difficult to keep running but I've never owned one.

#40 9 years ago

Frankenstein. It gets knocked because it is a Sega, but it is a gorgeous pin with great flow, huge DMD with cool animations, awesome ball-throwing monster toy that watches your ball, 8 different modes, wizard mode, several multiball options up to 6 balls at once, left outlane kickback, and you can choose your background music. It has an awesome light show, especially with the LEDs I added to give a little extra color to some inserts. I have it sitting next to JP and they have similar layouts, but Frankenstein is the advanced/harder version since instead of just hitting the control room bunker to light a mode on JP, you instead have to hit 11 individual targets to light up the name Frankenstein to start each mode. It was the cheapest pin we have bought so far and was available without us actively searching it down or knowing much about it, but I am very glad we got it and we have no intentions of letting it go.

#41 9 years ago

What's your definition of an under rated pin? Outside the top 50? top 100?

#42 9 years ago

Paragon. It's a disgrace that this machine is so low in the ratings. Play a properly set up example, repeatedly. It will make you a better player.

#43 9 years ago

Dr. Dude
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Who Dunnit
    Demolition Man
    Junk Yard
    Jurassic Park
    Tales from the Crypt
    Champion Pub
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Bram Stoker's Dracula

#44 9 years ago

Indy 500 and Road show.

#45 9 years ago

I've always thought Black Rose was the most under-rated B/W game, has never gotten the respect it deserves.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

NGG - finish the ruleset on this game and it would leap to a top20 pin...

I read that someone was working on making this happen.

#47 9 years ago

The games I own and love.....

JP
    SST
    XMENLE d

#48 9 years ago

+1 for Road Show, Stargate, and Jurassic Park!

#49 9 years ago

Starship Troopers and Roller Games - both are alot of fun to play, but the themse hold them back.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Frankenstein. It gets knocked because it is a Sega, but it is a gorgeous pin with great flow, huge DMD with cool animations, awesome ball-throwing monster toy that watches your ball, 8 different modes, wizard mode, several multiball options up to 6 balls at once, left outlane kickback, and you can choose your background music. It has an awesome light show, especially with the LEDs I added to give a little extra color to some inserts. I have it sitting next to JP and they have similar layouts, but Frankenstein is the advanced/harder version since instead of just hitting the control room bunker to light a mode on JP, you instead have to hit 11 individual targets to light up the name Frankenstein to start each mode. It was the cheapest pin we have bought so far and was available without us actively searching it down or knowing much about it, but I am very glad we got it and we have no intentions of letting it go.

definately and i prefer this over BSD too.

other underrated pins imo, baywatch, freddy, LAH NBA fastbreak SST goldeneye shrek LW3

none of which are currently in the top 100. heh

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-10-under-rated-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.