Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

googleMapPinside (resized).jpg
    20190616_212926 (resized).jpg
    20190616_212811 (resized).jpg
    caddy-shack-pinball (resized).jpg
    6419351F-A181-4AD1-929E-472674CCACD0 (resized).jpeg
    88F74658-22E6-4950-82DA-9DDA588B4B73 (resized).jpeg
    DSC07007 (resized).JPG
    DSC07160 (resized).JPG
    DSC07028 (resized).JPG
    DSC04453 (resized).JPG
    DSC04443 (resized).JPG
    DSC04438 (resized).JPG
    CE9AB75F-94EC-43C2-BA90-265AF396CA34 (resized).jpeg
    F7B7A7A7-F425-4206-B2E2-6DA079DF0B62 (resized).jpeg
    8EA28E27-883D-4D75-937A-99DFF8352EEF (resized).png
    763ADB0F-457F-4E06-8854-85462F6B02C9 (resized).jpeg

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Another shout-out for:

Shorty's in Seattle

Next Level near Portland, OR

#52 4 years ago

Pinball Gallery is awesome. I haven't been to Flippers yet, but they're fairly close to me, so I'm thinking about heading down there sometime soon.

I've done a lot of traveling over the last few years, so I've seen a lot of places that deserve a mention.

Richmond Pinball Collective, Richmond, VA: My go-to local spot. I've been a bit too busy to stop in lately, but they've got a strong lineup and the people are great.
    Crabtowne USA, Glen Burnie, MD: I went here about 5 years ago. The machines have definitely seen a lot of play, but they are still well maintained.
    Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH: By far the best arcade at an amusement park. They're pretty much EM-only, but they have a very solid selection of them.
    Abari Game Bar, Charlotte, NC: Stopped in here once during a trip to Carowinds. They've got about 20 pins. Definitely your best bet if you happen to be in the Charlotte area.
    Arcade Legacy chain, Cincinnati, OH: They have several locations in the Cincinnati area, each with a medium-sized pinball lineup in addition to a boatload of great arcade games. Arcade Legacy Bar Edition has the most high-profile pins.
    Mystic Pinball, Turners Falls, MA: A relatively small location that is packed full of quality games. I bought a shirt when I stopped here and got a sticker that I put on my car.
    AYCE Gogi, EightyTwo, and Mission Control, Los Angeles/SoCal: Visited these three locations when I went to Cali last year. All very good locations worth a visit.

I also want to give a shout-out to Free Gold Watch in San Francisco. I didn't get a chance to stop there, but they have a massive lineup and I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to visit.

#53 4 years ago

Portal Pinball near Atlanta close to 30 pins

Recbar in Louisville KY I think is around 80 pins that place is amazing.

The Pinball Palace In Brunswick just another call out for them 100 pins that play great.

#54 4 years ago

-the PAPA headquarters and ReplayFX is the same collection and it's only open a weekend or two a year.
    -i love Vintage Flipper World in Ann Arbor but again.... 1 or 2 weekends
    -Vegas Hall of Fame is great but it's pay to play instead of entrance. 1 day of that is fine but for a weekend that can get really expensive
    -never been to the banning pinball museum but i hope to go someday... likewise Pinballz in Texas

the best pinball dollar value in the country is Pinball PA (AKA) the Pennsylvania Coin Operated Museum and Gaming Hall in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania near the Pittsburgh airport. 180 or so pinball machine in great shape. $120 for a three month pass. And if you're a video game guy that have about 200 of those.

also underrated is Pinball Perfection in Pittsburgh. When i went there a year or so back, their pinside listing listed like 60 or so games... in reality that had about 280 machines operating on the floor and the guy running it was working on more. More expensive than pinball pa, but also open seven days a week.

Sparks Pinball Museum inside Premier Lanes bowling alley in New Baltimore, MI is rather impressive.

Logan Arcade in Chicago is pretty damn good for a mid sized pinball place. nearby is Replay (formerly Headquarters) beercade with all of their pins on free play and no entrance fee.

first three pictures are of Pinball Pa
    last three pictures are of Pinball Perfection

i wish i lived in Pennsylvania.
    DSC04443 (resized).JPGDSC04443 (resized).JPGDSC04453 (resized).JPGDSC04453 (resized).JPGDSC04438 (resized).JPGDSC04438 (resized).JPGDSC07028 (resized).JPGDSC07028 (resized).JPGDSC07160 (resized).JPGDSC07160 (resized).JPGDSC07007 (resized).JPGDSC07007 (resized).JPG

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Lyons Classic Pinball, Lyons, Colorado
    and there are actually three 1-UP Locations in Denver now. For Pinball I would rank them:

2UP Colfax
    3UP Greenwood Village
    1UP Lodo

Edited

#56 4 years ago

Some good spots in SLC.

Blizzard Mountain Pinball in Conifer, CO
    Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons, CO

#57 4 years ago

Tilt Pinball Louisville, CO

#58 4 years ago

The Galloping Ghost Pinball in Brookfield Illinois has 36 pins with more to come. Rare titles like Predator, Alien, Joust, Defender, Varkon plus classics like MB, SS and AFM. Play all 36 games all day long for only $15.

#59 4 years ago

The Galloping Ghost Arcade must be seen to be believed. It is an insane, impossible dream made real through sheer force of will and dedication.

I’ve seen a lot of arcades, but damn, nothing has ever reached this scale before, nor ever will again.

Go see it.

Thanks to the OP for the Roanoke shout-out! We’re medium-sized in terms of inventory, but passionate as hell with some unique experiences coming up soon (and also rather keen on having our EM’s cleared).

The “vibe” of a place and the location (Moonbase? Beach? Basement?) is also important to consider apart from the games/rarity/etc. For example Add-A-Ball is Seattle has relatively few games compared to most, but it is such a treat just to hang out there. If pinball were the hospitality industry, Add-A-Ball would be a boutique hotel in a hip district.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from RoachApproach:

Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH: By far the best arcade at an amusement park. They're pretty much EM-only, but they have a very solid selection of them.

I don’t know about that. The owners of Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH are pretty big pinball fans.
    6419351F-A181-4AD1-929E-472674CCACD0 (resized).jpeg6419351F-A181-4AD1-929E-472674CCACD0 (resized).jpeg88F74658-22E6-4950-82DA-9DDA588B4B73 (resized).jpeg88F74658-22E6-4950-82DA-9DDA588B4B73 (resized).jpeg

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

God I miss that place!
    I did an interview with David looong ago!

Thanks for sharing, my family and I have been visiting flippers for years! I personally have put a few hundred plays on the Tron Le sitting in the background!!

#62 4 years ago

Fargo Pinball is definitely worth a stop if your travels bring you up into this part of the country.

TILT in Minneapolis is one of my favorites for sure. Along with UpDown, Blainbrook, SS Billiards, etc. Lots of good places in the Minneapolis area.

#63 4 years ago

Sounds like we need a top 50 list?

#64 4 years ago

All these choices are absolutely amazing. I've been to a lot of these and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I think I'm going to raffle off a prize to a site of someone's choice. Pinheads really need to enjoy these places.

#65 4 years ago

Don't forget VUK in Bethesda, MD. They get all the new titles and have them set on 50cents/play, plus NY style pizza, craft beer, and rock music.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9002-vuk-bethesda-md

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Replay Museum, Tarpon Springs, Florida

Has been in my top five for ten years!!!!! This place is so cool.

#67 4 years ago

I like reading about all of these places. I'll have to keep an eye out while traveling. I've been exploring the Denver scene and would rate the area in this order:

1) 1UP Greenwood: 30 games, several LEs, and less sticky than the other locations
    2) Blizzard Mountain Pinball: 38 games. Only con is no bar but love their passion for pinball. Offer hourly pay options
    3) Tilt Pinball: 23 games in great condition. Guess I really liked the bar here for some reason
    4) Arapahoe Bowling Center: 25 games with good diversity. Kind of pricey when compared to the 1UP
    5) 1UP Colfax: 43 games. Winner for total number of games in the area but we found the place sticky. I did enjoy the atmosphere but found the other locations kept their games in better shape. Maybe I went right before maintenance.
    6) 1UP Lodo: 16 games. Kind of cool if you're hanging out downtown or about to catch a Rockies game.

Still have several places to check out in Denver. Also, we are going to visit the National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY while visiting family

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from jubjub:

Also, we are going to visit the National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY while visiting family

Go to the Silverball Saloon in E. Rochester.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from jubjub:

Still have several places to check out in Denver. Also, we are going to visit the National Museum of Play in Rochester, NY while visiting family

Strong is the go-to place for all things toys and games. Official home of Toy hall of fame. Whole room devoted to pinball, Dave Fix is the man there!!!!

THE STRONG - NATIONAL MUSEUM OF PLAY Rochester NY
    Warning! Games available to play rotate often! Most up to date list is always posted here :
    http://www.museumofplay.org/exhibits/egamerevolution/arcade-games

Best Toy Exibits ever!!!!
    Outstanding kids' museum. Restaurants on-site. Large portion of upper floor dedicated to top-quality, highly-maintained classic video games and pinball; an expansion to this area was recently completed.

#70 4 years ago

Unless it has changed in the last few years, I wouldn't spend time with Asheville Pinball Museum. All of the staff were very nice, and there were a wide variety of machines, but almost all of them had issues, and the games were basically a bunch of unshopped Craigslist purchases.

I hope it is different now then it was a few years ago, as I want to see it do well.

#71 4 years ago

Rock Fantasy - Middletown NY
    My favorite, tons of great titles and always new ones coming in. Great people and awesome vibe all around

#72 4 years ago

Note to admin: We have top 100 machines polls every month, why not top 100 venues every month?

So far I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!

caddy-shack-pinball (resized).jpgcaddy-shack-pinball (resized).jpg
    #73 4 years ago
    Quoted from RoachApproach:

Pinball Gallery is awesome. I haven't been to Flippers yet, but they're fairly close to me, so I'm thinking about heading down there sometime soon.
    I've done a lot of traveling over the last few years, so I've seen a lot of places that deserve a mention.
    Richmond Pinball Collective, Richmond, VA: My go-to local spot. I've been a bit too busy to stop in lately, but they've got a strong lineup and the people are great.
    Crabtowne USA, Glen Burnie, MD: I went here about 5 years ago. The machines have definitely seen a lot of play, but they are still well maintained.
    Abari Game Bar, Charlotte, NC: Stopped in here once during a trip to Carowinds. They've got about 20 pins. Definitely your best bet if you happen to be in the Charlotte area.
    Arcade Legacy chain, Cincinnati, OH: They have several locations in the Cincinnati area, each with a medium-sized pinball lineup in addition to a boatload of great arcade games. Arcade Legacy Bar Edition has the most high-profile pins.
    Mystic Pinball, Turners Falls, MA: A relatively small location that is packed full of quality games. I bought a shirt when I stopped here and got a sticker that I put on my car.
    AYCE Gogi, EightyTwo, and Mission Control, Los Angeles/SoCal: Visited these three locations when I went to Cali last year. All very good locations worth a visit.
    I also want to give a shout-out to Free Gold Watch in San Francisco. I didn't get a chance to stop there, but they have a massive lineup and I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to visit.

Cedar Point

20190616_212811 (resized).jpg20190616_212811 (resized).jpg20190616_212926 (resized).jpg20190616_212926 (resized).jpg
    #74 4 years ago

TitleTown pinball up by Green Bay, WI has an awesome line up of games in great condition:

https://titletownpinball.com/

#75 4 years ago

Sad, I was there in May. No pins in sight. My number ONE amusement park without a pin!!!!!!!!!!!

#76 4 years ago

Flip Side Retro Arcade in Bristol, Tn.

#77 4 years ago

Asheville pinball museum in Asheville NC! Flat rate to play all day, they serve alcohol, they also have a bunch of arcade games and a couple of Super nes consoles set up. I believe the line up changes a lot but as of March the lineup included MMr, AFMr, space invaders, Addams Family, twilight zone, black hole, back to the future, Star Trek pro, Star Wars pro, gorgar, T2, woz, Pinbot, KISS le cyclone,dr. Who, tons of older pins, and many more I cant remember!

#78 4 years ago

I like craft beer.

#79 4 years ago

And you cannot lie?

#80 4 years ago

MOM's Organic Market in College Park, MD is amazing. 37 well-maintained machines all just $.50 (or $.25 for EM games).

AC/DC (Pro) (Stern, 2012)
    The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
    Argosy (Williams, 1977)
    Attack From Mars (Remake LE) (Chicago Gaming, 2017)
    Batman 66 (Premium) (Stern, 2016)
    Centaur (Bally, 1981)
    Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992)
    Dialed In! (LE) (Jersey Jack, 2017)
    Dr. Dude (Bally, 1990)
    Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally, 1976)
    F-14 Tomcat (Williams, 1987)
    Flash (Williams, 1979)
    Flash Gordon (Bally, 1980)
    Game of Thrones (Premium) (Stern, 2015)
    Genie (Gottlieb, 1979)
    Ghostbusters (Premium) (Stern, 2016)
    Grand Prix (Williams, 1976)
    Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) (Stern, 2017)
    High Speed (Williams, 1986)
    The Hobbit (LE) (Jersey Jack, 2016)
    Houdini: Master of Mystery (American, 2017)
    Independence Day (Sega, 1996)
    Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)
    Medieval Madness (Remake) (Chicago Gaming, 2015)
    Metallica (Premium) (Stern, 2013)
    The Munsters (Pro) (Stern, 2019)
    Pirates of the Caribbean (Jersey Jack, 2018)
    Revenge from Mars (Bally, 1999)
    Scared Stiff (Bally, 1996)
    The Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern, 2003)
    Star Trek (Pro) (Stern, 2013)
    Supersonic (Bally, 1979)
    Taxi (Williams, 1988)
    Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky, 2017)
    Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)
    The Wizard of Oz (75th Anniversary) (Jersey Jack, 2013)
    World Cup Soccer (Bally, 1994)

#81 4 years ago

Don't know if you've every been to Bishop Cidercade in Dallas, but it is by far the best pinball venue in the DFW Metroplex. I've been a few times, and they always have a great mix of new and classic games (all DMD from what I recall). Their inventory changes to keep things fresh, and last time I was there several months ago (it's about an hour away from where I live) they had about 25-30 pins.

#82 4 years ago

Cider? I want craft beer!

1 week later
    #83 4 years ago

Hi Friends, I am grateful for all of your input on this topic.
    I consolidated the destinations from this thread onto a google map (see attached link).

This isn't as comprehensive as what you'll find on Pinmap,.. but it is curated by contributors to this thread as destinations worthy of checking out.

Cheers

Tasker

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16_rnF2JzWtTK8nTpqftf-52ISIiVdwr3&usp=sharing

googleMapPinside (resized).jpggoogleMapPinside (resized).jpg
    #84 4 years ago

Missed us.

#85 4 years ago

Missed some great locations in Florida:
    Café 1 in Ormond Beach, FL
    and
    The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo, FL

#86 4 years ago

The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo FL gets two thumbs up from me.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

I didn't feel like Pinballz in Austin was in any way special outside of the sheer number of games. More than half were broken or unleveled, and the atmosphere was pretty dull. I'm in Seattle though, so we're a bit spoiled.

Your not wrong, I helped as a pin tech when they were getting ready to open, they have a ton of pins, great selection, but, to say my experience left a sour taste , or that I'm not a fan of Darren Spohn would be an understatement, much rather go to What's Brewing...

#88 4 years ago

You need to add The Silver Ballroom in St. Louis.

http://www.thesilverballroom.com/

This place is unique and deserves a mention.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Your not wrong, I helped as a pin tech when they were getting ready to open, they have a ton of pins, great selection, but, to say my experience left a sour taste , or that I'm not a fan of Darren Spohn would be an understatement

Pinballz management may not be popular with employees, but for a pinball enthusiast it is exciting to see DMD titles not normally found beyond the pages of Pinside. Black Rose to X-Files, there are so many oldies but goodies in one place that are seldom seen. Thanks for helping repair them!

#90 4 years ago

Thanks to those of you who mentioned Blizzard Mountain Pinball in Conifer, Colorado. We appreciate the shout out!

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Pinballz management may not be popular with employees, but for a pinball enthusiast it is exciting to see DMD titles not normally found beyond the pages of Pinside. Black Rose to X-Files, there are so many oldies but goodies in one place that are seldom seen. Thanks for helping repair them!

It's great in that respect, I even sold him my Defender, for the pinhead it's a great to play the elite and rare, but this is a thread about the 10 best overall, that is not Pinballz

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

It's great in that respect, I even sold him my Defender, for the pinhead it's a great to play the elite and rare, but this is a thread about the 10 best overall, that is not Pinballz

Yes, I agree. I had been looking forward to getting to Pinballz, when I finally did, I was quite disappointed. Many of the machines were turned off, and many of the others were unplayable due to major functional problems.

It seemed like a large impressive collection of broken machines.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I agree. I had been looking forward to getting to Pinballz, when I finally did, I was quite disappointed. Many of the machines were turned off, and many of the others were unplayable due to major functional problems.
    It seemed like a large impressive collection of broken machines.

Wonder if he has trouble keeping techs ..

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Your not wrong, I helped as a pin tech when they were getting ready to open, they have a ton of pins, great selection, but, to say my experience left a sour taste , or that I'm not a fan of Darren Spohn would be an understatement, much rather go to What's Brewing...

I was just at "What's Brewing" this weekend... Took the family. It's a great atmosphere and they make a mean cup of Joe.

#95 4 years ago

Thanks to all who mentioned Lyons Classic Pinball. We feel like the band that did not quite make it but inspired a bunch of other bands that did. Next March will be 17 years!
    Thanks again
    Kevin

2 weeks later
    #96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

The Retro Arcade in Sharon, PA is my favorite Western PA location. They keep their games pristine, and I have never been in there wishing that a flipper be replaced, a scoop fixed or a playfield cleaned. They have the most pristine set of pins that I have played.
    There are between 45 and 50 pins there, including recent games from JJP, Stern, American Pinball, Spooky and CGC. Their collection is System 11 pins and newer. They are also the only location I am aware of in the area to have all JJP pins on location.

This place rocks!!!!!

Eric and staff talk pins 24/7

#97 4 years ago

Thanks for the shout-out Berto.

Recbar will be opening a 2nd location across the bridge in New Albany Indiana. Probably 80 to start with on the floor. The 2 locations are about 20 minutes apart. 160+ pins between the 2 locations. Come
    Visit sometime!

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Portal Pinball near Atlanta close to 30 pins
    Recbar in Louisville KY I think is around 80 pins that place is amazing.
    The Pinball Palace In Brunswick just another call out for them 100 pins that play great.

#98 4 years ago

On your trip from Galloping Ghost Arcade (Chicago) to CP Pinball (Near St. Louis) you have to stop in McLean, IL and visit Arcadia: America's Playable Arcade Museum. It is right along old Route 66 and features three Arcade Rooms, one of which is dedicated only for Pinball. The other two rooms have several pins as well. And if the road trip gets to long for you, you can stay at the B&B, one room features an Adams Family and the other a MM.

https://www.vintagevideogames.com

https://m.facebook.com/ILarcadia/

Enjoy!

#99 4 years ago

Im still waiting for a trip to visit Lloyd. Closest they have sent me was Milwaukee or Rochester MN.
    I would very much enjoy some “your mom” jokes or an in depth review of punchy the clown. Someday sir......

1 week later
    #100 4 years ago

I’ve gotta give another shout out to Recbar in Louisville, KY. I just took my son and friends there again today from Lexington and it never disappoints. They have an amazing lineup of pins, from early SS to current releases. With the addition of arcade games and great food, it’s a homerun! Very cool to hear a 2nd Recbar is opening. It will be fun to hit both when making the drive. Sure wish there were one in Lexington.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-10-pinball-venues-/page/2?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.