Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drredness
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    bob thurman (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drredness.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

On Dec. 30, I’ll be releasing on Pinball Profile, The Top 10 Most Intriguing Pinball People of 2018.

Who do you think should be on this list, and why?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Depends what you mean by 'intriguing'. Are you referring to influential behind-the-scenes people, ones whose achievements outweigh their public profile, or ones that are enigmas whom you want to know more about?

Intriguing: arousing one's curiosity or interest; fascinating. (side note, this is for things done in 2018).

My list is done, just curious to see what others think. All good so far!

3 weeks later
    #32 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

This may change, but these were the first ten to come to mind...
    Robert Mueller - DeepRoot pinball has created some buzz with big in 2018. Will we see something besides talk in 2019?
    John Popadiuk - More infamous then intrigue, but unfortunately still a major talking point in pinball.
    Keith Elwin - Great year for new designers and Keith Elwin is my #1 new designer for 2018.
    Eric Meunier - Another new designer with a hit on his hands. Launch somewhat hampered by slow production at JJP.
    Charlie Emery - Continues to be a model for startup companies, plus does a lot of work for others in the industry.
    Jeff Zornow - New artist who created one of the best art packages on his first machine, Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle.
    Zombie Yeti - Zombie Yeti is quickly etching his name alongside the all time great pinball artists.
    Deadflip (Jack Danger) / Straight Down The Middle (Greg & Zack) - Alright, I'm cheating here.
    Gary Stern - Unless there is some major shakeup, he's probably going to be on the list most years.
    Lyman Sheats - Continuing to raise the bar for coding.

Good list...can't disagree with any of these. On my Pinball Profile list, you had 2 correct, 2 honorable mentions, and one other named for their work. Hope you enjoyed the list. You can hear it here: http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-170-top-10-most-intriguing-pinball-people-of-2018_139086

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Not sure if anyone needs a recap, but at about 18:30 there is a review of the top-9 before announcing 10. I will eventually listen to the total list, but right now that is exactly what I needed and I was lucky enough to find it quickly.

Whew! Good thing my Pinball Profile episodes are short. Imagine trying to find it if I went 2+ hours.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drredness.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/top-10-most-intriguing-pinball-people-of-2018?tu=drredness and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.