(Topic ID: 323135)

Tools on Amazon or at HF? $50 or less, go!

By midcoastsurf

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Miguel351
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2E47BD2C-D14B-4D34-BB1C-9D7C865E40C5 (resized).jpeg
    F56C5B8D-663D-4D73-9075-443E976C5E86 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 3.44.56 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Have you ever received a gift card that is Amazon or Harbor Freight specific and thought - how can I make my workshop better?

What is the best tool or improvement you have made to your workshop area or toolbox from an item(s) on Amazon/Harbor Freight with pinball/arcade game repair/restoration in mind?

My latest purchase is another pair of Weller shearcutters (excellent for snipping leads close to the board after soldering AND clipping IC legs to remove the chip first, then desolder each leg):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B886R2I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00
    Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 3.44.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-30 at 3.44.56 PM (resized).png

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Swap Amazon for Harbor Freight and I can add a ton to this list.

I don't disagree, but HF won't accept my Amazon gift card lol. That said, let's see your HF ideas and I'll look for similar on Amazon.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

IWISS SN-58B 0.25-1.5MM²,... amazon.com link »
    IRWIN VISE-GRIP Wire Stripper,... amazon.com link »
    ENGINEER PZ-58 Screw Removal... amazon.com link »
    Ceramic Tweezers, Carbon Fiber... amazon.com link »
    WXTOOLS 6 Pcs Orange Magnet Screw... amazon.com link »

Those screw removal pliers are a great idea. Never seen those before, but needed this tool many times in the past.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider midcoastsurf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tools-on-amazon-50-or-less-go?tu=midcoastsurf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.