• Latest reply 6 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Bender_Rodriguez.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with CNC Wire Bending?
I've often wondered how some of these homebrew guys are coming up with the know how to create new / unique Wireforms.

I've considered buying a DiWire but the price and general FUD is keeping me away. $3200 is quite a bit of money to spend on a tool you haven't seen.

Is everyone doing these Wireforms by hand?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

When I was there a week or two ago one of the staff mentioned that they might be getting a wire bender for the jewlery/metalcasting area

OHHH? Really?
Doubt isn't CNC tho. I'll have to ask them next time I'm in there.

Quoted from deadzebra:

It does not do wide sweeping curves well (see chin, head here.. http://goo.gl/Xv34ZW it's bends, not curves ) and most importantly it only operates on one plane so you're severely limited by what you can get out of it.

Oh? good data. This was the kind of input I was looking for.

#20 8 years ago

I think the limitation of the DiWire is the solenoid bender at the end. To do a smooth curve; you'd need a stepper to bend the wire while it's feeding it. Another stepper in the Z direction would also help. The DiWire looks like a neat piece of kit; I'm just disappointed it doesn't do more at that price level.

I'm guessing the limitation is the software driving the product.

2 years later
#25 6 years ago

yeah; The Pro is nucking stoopid from a pricing perspective.
Not a chance in hell I'm spending $14k on that silly contraption.
I don't believe they sold many ... although I see that Spooky Pinball is listed as a "select customer". I wonder if they use it to create anything useful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tools-cnc-wire-bending?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.