(Topic ID: 137676)

Tool needed to remove this nut?

By starbase

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    nail-set.jpg
    TRON_stuck_bolt.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Well this is embarrassing to say the least. Trying to remove the stock side rails from my Tron. The nut in question I cannot seem to grip with any tool in my possession. Screw seems pretty deep in wood as well. Any tips on this really appreciated. Pic of said nut I cannot turn.

#2 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Double post , delete please.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Whats on the opposite side, maybe you can turn the bolt?

Head without anyway to turn on other side.

I still can't get any of the tools I posses to grip. Going to try a few of the suggestions. Really frustrated one bolt ruins a armor swap out. But isn't always just one little thing to stop your plans.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

any update from the OP? were you able to successfully remove the side rail to put on your new armor?

No I have not been able to remove side rail. I lack some of the tools needed for some tips and honestly a space to use a grinder. My garagecade is rather limited in the work with power tools I can do without having a major clean up.

Been frustrated and was debating just selling the armor separate from the game. Both nuts are in deep and one in pic is inside the wood of cabinet with very little space around it to grip. I am scared to actually drill into inside or outside of screw because I don't want to damage this Tron LE cabinet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starbase.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tool-needed-to-remove-this-nut-1?tu=starbase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.