(Topic ID: 302953)

Took a little road trip yesterday and came back with..

By Md2020

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by egyptrus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BE2928E5-9732-4A43-B341-6F993C85F2B4 (resized).jpeg
pin2 (resized).JPG
pin1 (resized).JPG
house (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jrotten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Thank you for the emotional support lol. I'm having a hard time justifying this purchase to begin with, but this game has a lot of memory "historical significance" with me. It was incredibly ironic that 1 day after I bought these two sys 11s, my gf said this mutual friend of ours was selling his DE GNR. Life is strange for sure.
If it's "BEAT" beat, I'm going to have to force myself to walk away. Not that I can't fix it up myself, but it's the principle. I've always wanted this game in my house and it's now my opportunity has been handed to me-the day after I drop a bunch of cash for 2 machines.

Check that playfield on the GNR carefully, Axl hole, outlanes etc. No wear & working, good ramps. Cabinet art is available, routed I’d say $4500 depending on what you see.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

So if the pf is questionably worn, less than 4500? I guess if the pf is completely trashed I'll see it pretty much straight away. I'm hoping his pf waxing/maintenance was at least semi-regular

For sure, less than $4500 if worn. G-ramp entrance usually cracked. Magnets probably don’t work anymore being routed. Good luck.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Md2020:

Ended up walking away. Upon arrival, I immediately saw the "slash feature" on the cracked G ramp was not functional and the linkage was down in the cabinet. Obvious outgassing on the DMD. What really got me was the driver board..... Looks like a ton of heat all over. Browned out/blackened heat exposed chips- ESPECIALLY above the large "blue" resistors. Below those, I found a missing tiny resistor with wire just hanging off the board and heat/and or explosion damage? I knew right then that I wouldn't be able to even plug this thing in without possibly blowing something else up. The fellow wanted 5g's right off the bat. He has offered to get it working before I purchase it. Even if he gets it working, I'm not sure it's worth 5k. Full fucking shop out, AT LEAST. It's very filthy. Idk, as much as I read this back and realize I dodged a bullet, I still had a hard time walking away from it. I wonder if this would be one of those offer 3 as-is situations? He didn't seem to want it to walk out below 5, but he knows it needs a shitload of work. This guy is a friend/operator going through hard times, and I want to help him out, but this GnR is ROUGH

Sounds like you made the right call,especially with electrical issues. Parts game the way you describe it. He has to be reasonable with the cost with all the issues. No way he gets close to 5k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jrotten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/took-a-little-road-trip-yesterday-and-came-back-with?tu=Jrotten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.