(Topic ID: 176869)

Too many pins on location...!!!

By Breaking_Dad

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3542 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4318 (resized).JPG
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I try to once a week min...married with 3 boys...but started young and the boys are older...(22,18,13)...two left at home...wife(19 yrs)hates pinball but we support each others free time...(not to is just silly)..........Joey

You have kids?!

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from aerobert:

Just make a deal with your location. Sounds like they're pretty big.
    Offer your services as a repair guy for free when you're there and have time and then play for free whenever you want.

Owners husband fixes them. When he can't figure it out, their friend comes to fix them. Nice idea, but they got it covered.

#53 7 years ago

As I know well from hanging out with you last spring, you've got an amazing place to play -- good variety and their take care of their machines. I literally have nothing decent on location in my city-- the "best" is a TAF that's so dirty the playfield is black and most of the GI is burned out. I'd suggest #3 be something they don't have on location.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Owners husband fixes them. When he can't figure it out, their friend comes to fix them. Nice idea, but they got it covered.

One thing doesn't exclude the other. It's nice to have some backup now and then and just make a new acquaintance and friends.

#55 7 years ago

Thank you but as stated...they are all set in that department...The friend's name is "Fix" after all...and nobody...I mean nobody can fill those shoes...this thread is just about why you would or why you would not buy a pin you can play less than 10 min from home............Joey

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You have kids?!

Wanna see some pics...???!!!. .......Joey

#57 7 years ago

I would not buy it then. Rather spend my money on a title I really wanted for myself and which they dont have.

#58 7 years ago

Joey...finally posting again? I thought you fell off the face of the planet man. I agree with most of what everybody else has said, but I would also say this. If they have a game on location that you are considering buying, unless it's a must have or grail pin, I would just play it there and buy a different pin for your personal collection. That way you can still play their game, and you get something else to jump to in your own line up that isn't available down the street.

#59 7 years ago

wife(19 yrs)hates pinball but we support each others free time

Wife went to play for the first time ever...!!!...only took 3 yrs.

Wait, you married her when she was 16? j/k

Awesome to see a Dominos pin on location!!

#60 7 years ago

I can't tell you how many pins I've crossed off my wish list because Pocketeer already has them.

I don't figure I'll ever own a modern Stern for this reason alone.

Having said that, if a game was compelling enough, and had features that I'd never see in location play, then I'd still consider it. However, with space being limited, it's much more likely that I'd stick with something they don't have.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Wait, you married her when she was 16? j/k
    Awesome to see a Dominos pin on location!!

Married 15...together 19...sry...

It is great to see a Dominos...BUT very hard to choose it with all the other options available...........Joey

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Joey...finally posting again? I thought you fell off the face of the planet man. I agree with most of what everybody else has said, but I would also say this. If they have a game on location that you are considering buying, unless it's a must have or grail pin, I would just play it there and buy a different pin for your personal collection. That way you can still play their game, and you get something else to jump to in your own line up that isn't available down the street.

Just took a break...funny thing is...the more you try not to think about pinball...the more you think about pinball...

I'm leaning toward something they don't have...I have something in the works but don't want to jinx it as it won't be available for a few weeks...you could also get that Hulk goin for me.?!.. .............Joey

#63 7 years ago

For me, after a period of time playing a pin on site, I usually end up buying the ones I really enjoy for the home.

What I noticed once the game is in my home is I end up liking the pin even more. Why? Because I can finally hear the sounds and call outs much more clearly.

However, if I lived 10-15 minutes away from a site that had 40 pins, I would reconsider all my pinball machine purchases and saved a ton of money. The problem is that my basement would be oh so empty!

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-pins-on-location/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.