Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poo-1.gif
BKHB2.jpg
image-932.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Great games will sell if priced correctly
Good games will sell at a lower price than great games
Games that suck will not sell and test the financial health of the company that makes them.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And this is why we don't need no more stinking remakes! Too many new, cool titles coming. Spend your money with those companies that are bringing the new stuff. SUPPORT THE NEW STUFF! And SUPPORT the old classics that are already out there! Keep the hobby moving forward! Don't take up your valuable space and hard earned money with remakes!
If you want an AFM or MB go buy (A REAL) one. They already exist… and have for 20 years. No need for more...
We don't need no sticking remakes! Bumper stickers available soon!

I disagree with you on this. The one advantage PPS has is their products are a known commodity and well liked (you don't know what your going to end up with on the new titles - Hugh risk to pre-order (new games could turn out to be the next MM or next popeye)).

Key for remakes is correct pricing and that will remain PPS greatest and maybe only risk.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think you're missing my point… bottom line is that they are not good for the long term health of the hobby. They do nothing but take up more valuable space and money that these new companies will rely on.
If you want to buy a "known commodity" go buy one. They already exist.
What PPS is doing is good for them but not the hobby long term… no way.

Can't wait to get a NIB MMr for half what a similar conditioned one was going for pre MMr. Is that my holy grail yes. I don't buy pins for investment only enjoyment.

The biggest buying trend that is happening is that people are going to be very picky about what they buy NIB. Their will be far more wait and see let me play it mentality. How can you not with pricing as it currently is. Flipping for investment is going to disappear (or greatly reduced) in the NIB space. Collections aren't going to rotate as much. Someone is going to have to be wowed to add or switch out something in their collection. Winter is coming...

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, we would all like a lot of things… this is life, you can't get everything you want. Sorry!

Unless a remake is made. Great title, pent up demand hence likely remake. If you want to stop the remakes start having collectors sell theirs for less than $7000. If that doesn't happen companies with a business plan will be opportunistic. I could see if priced correctly (MB, CV, IJ). I think there are many titles people want but I think demand is not enough.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-new-releases-to-be-all-viable?tu=bmunn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.