(Topic ID: 186454)

Too many 2017 pins!!! Vote for your fave!

By NightMutilator

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you could only choose one "must own" game for 2017, which would it be?”

• Dialed In 123 votes
    26%
  • Alien 77 votes
    16%
  • Attack From Mars Remake 85 votes
    18%
  • Houdini 52 votes
    11%
  • The Big Lebowski 32 votes
    7%
  • Aerosmith 48 votes
    10%
  • Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle 14 votes
    3%
  • The Jetsons 7 votes
    1%
  • Elvira 3 (only announced, but still on the list) 37 votes
    8%

(475 votes)

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Not that this is a bad thing, but wow, with the amount of games coming out, it's a tough call on which one is at the top of the list of must haves for 2017. I wanted to post this up to see which game you would be most likely to pick up of all the amazing machines coming. PS - you're also helping me decide which one to put in the next Horrorhouse Fest

#2 7 years ago

Alien takes the lead! I think the alien themed games in general are the next pinball superstar Keep voting people!

#3 7 years ago

I've played all those except for Elvira 3 and Alice Cooper and as of right now Dialed In easily takes it for me. We'll have to see about Star Wars. It'll ship this year and that is going to make some waves.

#4 7 years ago

Crap pole.
Elvira should be removed from that list... and Lexy LightSpeed added.
These are pins we should EXPECT to ship in 2017. Elvia isn't even in the running.
Yeah; and AFMr have three slots is also crap.

#5 7 years ago

I am in for an AFM or a remake next. I only have one machine, a theatre so this will be my second machine. AFM or remake. Next. Probably be the only machine I buy this year unless I'm even luckier. It is very nice to have so many choices, as fans.

#6 7 years ago

I voted for Aliens, I can see myself buying one for sure, but a lot of that depends on their next title, as I want to be able to take advantage of the swappable system as my available space is running out fast!

#7 7 years ago

thunderbirds are go

#8 7 years ago

I am more optimistically hoping we see something with Elvira 3, but for sure am excited about all these games! Pinball is in full swing and it couldn't be a more exciting time. I am on the list for AFMRLE and Alien, but could go for all of these. Dialed-In almost made me cancel Attack. So many great options. Ahhhhh!!!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Crap pole.
Elvira should be removed from that list... and Lexy LightSpeed added.
These are pins we should EXPECT to ship in 2017. Elvia isn't even in the running.
Yeah; and AFMr have three slots is also crap.

Geez... sorry ya didn't like the poll. To each their own.

#10 7 years ago

I'm going to go off the menu with Total Annihilation, assuming it's produced in 2017.

Fun thread.

#11 7 years ago

I'll vote for TRON VE

#12 7 years ago

Wasn't TBL a 2015 pin? I would get rid of that and put in Star Wars.

#13 7 years ago

I am going to try to get a AFM or remake this year then hopefully a Tron next. That would be three mAchines. Perfect. I highly doubt I will be lucky enough to get anything else in the next 24 months. I'm a tight ass now, gotta save those penny's.

#14 7 years ago

Homepin's Thunderbirds Are Go has been completely overlooked by this and some other polls I have seen here on Pinside. I know it has been a long time coming, but it is confirmed as a 2017 release.

Mike from homepin is about to send out a handful of test pins on location in China to get public feedback. Here is a link to the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/8

I think pretty soon people are going to it sit up and take notice of Homepin as a serious pinball manufacturer.

#15 7 years ago

Around 2004 i bought a bunch of pinball magazines from the early/mid 90s. They would have news on all the new games from the various manufacturers. It seemed impossible that so many companies were producing games at the same time. The golden days have somehow returned.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Homepin's Thunderbirds Are Go has been completely overlooked by this and some other polls I have seen here on Pinside. I know it has been a long time coming, but it is confirmed as a 2017 release.
Mike from homepin is about to send out a handful of test pins on location in China to get public feedback. Here is a link to the thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/8
I think pretty soon people are going to it sit up and take notice of Homepin as a serious pinball manufacturer.

Will there be many/any in the US?

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Will there be many/any in the US?

Sure there will. Mike is liaising with distributors in the US and UK. The first run will be for his pre-order buyers and his Australian Distributors, but yes there will be International runs. Thunderbirds Are Go is not a limited run and Mike has said he will make them as long as there is interest.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I'll vote for TRON VE

I thought I heard on Pinside somewhere it is definitely happening!

#19 7 years ago

I've only played two of them, so no where near enough info yet. Though I'm pretty sure I know what AFMr will play like

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Wasn't TBL a 2015 pin? I would get rid of that and put in Star Wars.

It is, but since it's still basically extinct in the community and not being manufactured as it should be I consider it a "game coming soon". Too many games like that these days... and that game I was looking forward to more than any at one point.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Around 2004 i bought a bunch of pinball magazines from the early/mid 90s. They would have news on all the new games from the various manufacturers. It seemed impossible that so many companies were producing games at the same time. The golden days have somehow returned.

Totally and I love it! It's the closest we've come to the days when pinballs reigned supreme. Hopefully it's a trend that continues. Pinball is a game that creates amazing memories...

#22 7 years ago

"Vote for what im considering buying..." not what really is available.
Nice poll. Thread useless.

#23 7 years ago

I think we'll see Star Wars before Elvira 3.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I think we'll see Star Wars before Elvira 3.

Very very true.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

"Vote for what im considering buying..." not what really is available.
Nice poll. Thread useless.

Not really useless because people are voting and the intention is for "fun". I'm not trying to win an award or affection with the poll. I'm just starting a conversation.

How about this... go start your own similar poll and put the machines you'd want to see on the list. Try to not be so uptight about things you don't need to even involve yourself in to begin with... Just ignore and move on. Easy enough. Evil angry trolling in fun fan forums never wins friends or business...

#26 7 years ago

Dialed In by a mile for me - I'm curious about Star Wars but stern continues to underwhelm on most fronts, had afm already but like the looks of the remake, would not consider the others.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Dialed In by a mile for me - I'm curious about Star Wars but stern continues to underwhelm on most fronts, had afm already but like the looks of the remake, would not consider the others.

Dialed In is for sure an amazing game. I've been super tempted to pull the trigger and get that one. Guaranteed replay and refined gameplay by the master of design. I still may wind up changing my mind on some of the others to go for it. Only thing that might be slightly tricky is fitting it into an interactive haunted house, but the disaster theme could lend itself to it.

#28 7 years ago

Dialed In is pulling ahead quite a bit!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Dialed In is pulling ahead quite a bit!

ofcourse it is, its Pat Lawlor and theme for children.

#30 7 years ago

This survey doesn't really have a level playing field. Dialed in standard edition is $8000 whereas you can buy the AFMrLE for the same with all the extras (interactive topper, XL color screen, 24 month warranty, etc, etc). And for the same money you would also be at the Stern LE level.

Just saying. If u go standard AFM and pro Stern then you would have the take the JJP game without a playfield... haha. So for $1500 more most prefer the DI standard over AFMr?? With price considered i gotta think AFM carries the advantage in sales no?

#31 7 years ago

Total Annihilaton ! Although that would more likely be the must have pin of 2018 . To early for Alice Cooper and Elvira 3 , playfield pics have not even been released yet .I am quite sure alice cooper will be shipping in 2017 so it should be on the list for 2017 . I don't know timeframe for elvira .

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This survey doesn't really have a level playing field. Dialed in standard edition is $8000 whereas you can buy the AFMrLE for the same with all the extras (interactive topper, XL color screen, 24 month warranty, etc, etc). And for the same money you would also be at the Stern LE level.
Just saying. If u go standard AFM and pro Stern then you would have the take the JJP game without a playfield... haha. So for $1500 more most prefer the DI standard over AFMr?? With price considered i gotta think AFM carries the advantage in sales no?

Agree on pricing without a doubt. The poll is more of... if you could have one of these beauties without worrying about price, which one appeals the most to you

#34 7 years ago

None of the above

#35 7 years ago

Ha...that's kids stuff man. I'll be ordering the Clopper Super LE

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

None of the above

edgy...

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Thunderbirds Are Go is not a limited run and Mike has said he will make them as long as there is interest.

So, it will be in production for about a week?

#39 7 years ago

AFMr LE ordered.....a tried and true classic with some extras to boot!

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, it will be in production for about a week?

I realise you are joking but I'll say it again here. I am fully aware that the theme, Thunderbirds, is not well known in the USA. In many other countries it is quite the opposite. I will also say that the interest I have had from the USA might surprise you. Maybe not ONLY for the theme but the entire situation surrounding this machine and perhaps to a lesser degree, Homepin.

In fact in numerous countries, Thunderbirds has been aired continuously on TV since the series was made and shows no signs of fading away.

In any case our other offerings might be more to your taste and perhaps more to the liking of some in the USA.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

I realise you are joking but I'll say it again here. I am fully aware that the theme, Thunderbirds, is not well known in the USA. In many other countries it is quite the opposite. I will also say that the interest I have had from the USA might surprise you. Maybe not ONLY for the theme but the entire situation surrounding this machine and perhaps to a lesser degree, Homepin.
In fact in numerous countries, Thunderbirds has been aired continuously on TV since the series was made and shows no signs of fading away.
In any case our other offerings might be more to your taste and perhaps more to the liking of some in the USA.

I like the new Mike! Yes, I was joking.

#42 7 years ago

My take on the poll: Games that should be available to order (not pre-order or deposit) and receive in calendar 2017.

Dialed In (I'm thinking maybe at best)
Alien
Aerosmith
Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle
The Jetsons

Dialed in is my current favorite.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Can you clarify for me please? I read (or perhaps mis read) that you were not selling to buyers in the USA. If I remembered correctly, you appeared to be quite upset about something. I would love to see this game here in the USA.

#44 7 years ago

Yep, looking at the games in the poll, 2017 will go down as one of the worst years theme wise in the history of pinball. What a joke.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Can you clarify for me please? I read (or perhaps mis read) that you were not selling to buyers in the USA. If I remembered correctly, you appeared to be quite upset about something. I would love to see this game here in the USA.

My anger was (and still is) directed at PayPus. They are a scummy company and should be shut down IMO.

Homepin has an agent in both the USA and also Canada and Homepin products are currently available in the USA. Homepin pinball machines will also be available there when we have finished with current orders for other countries.

#46 7 years ago

Great news! Thanks for the clarification. I can happily pay for things without using PayPal.

#47 7 years ago

My vote goes to Aerosmith. Nothing like playing pinball while jaming to some great classic rock.
Can't wait for the next music pin

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Great news! Thanks for the clarification. I can happily pay for things without using PayPal.

That won't matter to me as you would be dealing with my agent - perhaps they will take PayPus? That would be a business decision for them.

#49 7 years ago

I've been interested in Thunderbirds since day one. Would you take a personal check from Cucamonga?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've been interested in Thunderbirds since day one. Would you take a personal check from Cucamonga?

Can I trust "The Hood"? - LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

£ 38.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-2017-pins-vote-for-your-fave?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.