(Topic ID: 186454)

Too many 2017 pins!!! Vote for your fave!

By mrsomeone

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mrsomeone
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you could only choose one "must own" game for 2017, which would it be?”

• Dialed In 123 votes
    26%
  • Alien 77 votes
    16%
  • Attack From Mars Remake 84 votes
    18%
  • Houdini 52 votes
    11%
  • The Big Lebowski 32 votes
    7%
  • Aerosmith 48 votes
    10%
  • Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle 14 votes
    3%
  • The Jetsons 7 votes
    1%
  • Elvira 3 (only announced, but still on the list) 37 votes
    8%

(474 votes)

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Homepin's Thunderbirds Are Go has been completely overlooked by this and some other polls I have seen here on Pinside. I know it has been a long time coming, but it is confirmed as a 2017 release.

Lack of sustained dedicated marketing for a specific product will inevitably lead to a diminishment of brand salience in a consumer's mind.

#52 2 years ago

I see nothing wrong with waiting until something is on the line and available for purchase before serious marketing.

It's one thing to let a few people in on the ground floor with some extras at a discounted price for being patient, but another to string everybody along for years at a time with no end in sight.

#53 2 years ago

I must've missed the Elvira 3 announcement. Where/when was that announced and by who?

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Where/when was that announced and by who?

I think I was watching Svengoolie at the time.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I must've missed the Elvira 3 announcement. Where/when was that announced and by who?

Stern at TPF.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see nothing wrong with waiting until something is on the line and available for purchase before serious marketing.

It is if you are a new boutique manufacturer with no runs on the board in pinball machine manufacturing.

Sustained marketing ab initio helps to position your new venture as a segment of the overall market to ensure your brand remains noticeable when your product eventually is released and the subsequent general consumer comes to making their pinball purchasing decision.

This will also ensure there is sustained perpetual demand even when/as preorder committments have/are being fulfilled.

#57 2 years ago

As a theme Thunderbirds appeals to me far more than Dialed In - I work for a phone manufacturer, but this theme just leaves me flat.

Thunderbirds FTW!

#58 2 years ago

*sigh*

Dialed In is not a theme about a phone.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

*sigh*
Dialed In is not a theme about a phone.

Yeah and there is no big smartphone on the playfield.... wait... or no I guess apparently there is.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah and there is no big smartphone on the playfield.... wait... or no I guess apparently there is.

So I guess that Aerosmith is a theme about elevators and Batman '66 is a theme about cranes. Am I right? This is the logic we're using now? Forget about what the modes and game's narrative says and just pick a toy?

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So I guess that Aerosmith is a theme about elevators and Batman '66 is a theme about cranes. Am I right? This is the logic we're using now? Forget about what the modes and game's narrative says and just pick a toy?

Well said

#62 2 years ago

First impressions count I guess...

#63 2 years ago

Where's BM66?

#64 2 years ago

Sold, to the highest bidder.

#65 2 years ago

Drowning in the ocean of tears of the people who bought one already. No one currently would be sane enough to buy that game.

#66 2 years ago

At least those that bought Batman actually took delivery of their games and got to play it. Unlike some of the others.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

AFMr LE ordered.....a tried and true classic with some extras to boot!

It will sit very well next to Mystery Castle It's also an awesome theme for one of the rooms of Horrorhouse Fest!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

It was announced at Texas Pinball... by Dennis Nordman, Greg Freres and Cassandra!

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Lack of sustained dedicated marketing for a specific product will inevitably lead to a diminishment of brand salience in a consumer's mind.

Let's be honest though, this is Pinside. I am not referring to the general Public. There is a very detailed thread on this forum dedicated to said pinball machine with regular updates. The thread is being bumped to the top of the queue every 24-48 hours. Can you honestly say that Pinsiders should not be aware of Homepin and TAG progress. Come on.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Can you honestly say that Pinsiders should not be aware of Homepin and TAG progress.

Thunder Birds Are Go ....TBAG!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Let's be honest though, this is Pinside. I am not referring to the general Public. There is a very detailed thread on this forum dedicated to said pinball machine with regular updates. The thread is being bumped to the top of the queue every 24-48 hours. Can you honestly say that Pinsiders should not be aware of Homepin and TAG progress. Come on.

We should be aware of all games coming. Love watching the progress, and it's an amazing thing to see so many of the companies out there interacting with their fans and keeping them posted day to day. To me all of the recent events in pinball and pinball manufacturing is quite exciting. Some of it sucks for us waiting to get our machines with the constant delays, and the JPOP crap really was a letdown, but overall any and all new games are most welcome and awesome to see happenin'!

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thunderbirds.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FAIL!

Thunderbirds is a registered trademark and is ONE word with only the "T" capitalised, no spaces or hyphens.

Also, Homepins licence is for "Thunderbirds" (the original series) so, technically, we can't use "Thunderbirds are GO!" as the name because that is the current series.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

FAIL!
Thunderbirds is a registered trademark and is ONE word with only the "T" capitalised, no spaces or hyphens.
Also, Homepins licence is for "Thunderbirds" (the original series) so, technically, we can't use "Thunderbirds are GO!" as the name because that is the current series.

Aerosmith is one word but people are calling it AS...I thought Aero was a better abbreviation, but ASS... I mean AS it is!

So what should we use as an abbreviation? T? TB?

#75 2 years ago

International Rescue is Go!

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Aerosmith is one word but people are calling it AS...I thought Aero was a better abbreviation, but ASS... I mean AS it is!
So what should we use as an abbreviation? T? TB?

We have settled on TAG

#77 2 years ago

AFM Remake.

The only 2017 pin that will have completed code in 2017

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

AFM Remake.
The only 2017 pin that will have completed code in 2017

Sure - it only took 20 years...

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

We have settled on TAG

...but you just said you don't have the "Are Go" part.

TBAG it is!

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

If a number of polls on a dedicated pinball forum are repeatedly omitting/overlooking a particular title then clearly there is a disconnect between "being aware of" and "considering as a viable purchase choice".

And by extension, if dedicated pinball purchasers are not making that connection in their mind then how will the general public?

That's what brand salience is. Utilising a marketing strategy and shifting a product's image from just being aware of to becoming a recognised choice in a purchasing decision.

#81 2 years ago

Edit: I had asked about Elvira 3, turns out it WAS announced. Now I have to find the announcement.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

If a number of polls on a dedicated pinball forum are repeatedly omitting/overlooking a particular title then clearly there is a disconnect between "being aware of" and "considering as a viable purchase choice".
And by extension, if dedicated pinball purchasers are not making that connection in their mind then how will the general public?
That's what brand salience is. Utilising a marketing strategy and shifting a product's image from just being aware of to becoming a recognised choice in a purchasing decision.

I think soon it will become a viable choice for many enthusiasts. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Edit: I had asked about Elvira 3, turns out it WAS announced. Now I have to find the announcement.

You can read more about it at Pinball News: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2017/index.html

#84 2 years ago

Dialed In is still the one to beat. Though it's been a hate or love it debate on the theme it does have the gameplay we all expect from Mr. Lawlor. So tempted to pull the trigger on it...

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Dialed In is still the one to beat. Though it's been a hate or love it debate on the theme it does have the gameplay we all expect from Mr. Lawlor. So tempted to pull the trigger on it...

It's really tough to deny once you get a chance to play it. The game just feels so great to play. I'm selling my TAF, which bums me and my wife out, but Dialed In is going to settle in its place. I have no doubts that my wife and kids will be extremely happy with the swap.

Side note: I need more space for games.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Don't we all... don't we all

#88 2 years ago

Still pretty early into the year , must own pin of the year might end up being Star Wars or Deadpool.

3 weeks later
#89 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's really tough to deny once you get a chance to play it. The game just feels so great to play. I'm selling my TAF, which bums me and my wife out, but Dialed In is going to settle in its place. I have no doubts that my wife and kids will be extremely happy with the swap.

Very surprising to me that Dialed In is such a hit for some. We played it at VFW and I didn't care for it at all and I am a PL fan. To be fair, it was difficult to get play time on it with the line up but some kept circling back to play it so it must have been worth it for them.

The other thing that I was both surprised and very disappointed in was that the distributor that had the pin there had not made any attempt to cover up the hot mess that was the upper right scoop hole damage. Both sides were chipped through the clear right to the pf, disgusting! (does anyone have photos of that machine?). Not sure that Jack is aware of this unit being schlepped around to 'promote' sales but this one should be pulled. That might have been the reason for the turn off. I immediately see the arc hole in the middle chipping and wearing through just the same.

I am a JJP fan and am very pleased with my WOZEC and would like a Hobbit but I'll pass on DI.

Back to the thread...

#90 2 years ago

I got my first play on Dialed In at Allentown and I shit the bed (a measly 19K) so I certainly didn't get much time on it and the lines were so long I wasn't to eager to wait that long again. It certainly dos look good, the construction quality is top notch like all other JJPs, but I didn't notice any wear like dnaman did, but I didn't really have enough time to look either

I almost didn't get a game in at all when one time there was a kid (maybe 8 ) waiting in front of me to play. When his turn came up, he started a 4 player game and his whole family shifted over in front of me from Hobbit and they all started playing. I raised shit with them and they didn't seem to care. Absolutely ignorant.

#91 2 years ago

It was a toss up between AFM and AS for now. Once Star Wars LE hits my game room things will probably change!

#92 2 years ago

I'm still thinking that the eventual breakout winner could be Alien from what I've heard and seen, but right now I'm still sticking with Attack From Mars Remake...

#93 2 years ago

Finally had a chance to play Dialed In and Alien. Secured my vote for AFMr. Second for me would be Alien but it's a long way away. Dialed In has the wow factor but I am not a fan of long ball times or the childish theme with the guy going back and forth... gonna get old real quick I think.

Of course price is a factor to me too. Perhaps when everyone starts dumping DI on the secondary market and the price drops $2000 I would reconsider.

#94 2 years ago

Waiting on Star Wars. I have ACDC and Met so keeping an eye on AS but not sure I need 3 music pins.

I never got into the previous SW versions, but Stern has been so good lately look forward to their attempt.

Was hoping the next vault would be Tron as I would have grabbed that.

1 week later
#95 2 years ago

So the question is, should Star Wars be on this list? Are we excited for this game or are we not happy with the reveal? So many crazy questions, too many pins...

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Are we excited for this game

We, as in all of us? It's gonna take something more than a 40 year old movie theme that's already been done several times to get me excited.

But I'm just a little picky now in what I'm willing to spend 1000s of $ on.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We, as in all of us? It's gonna take something more than a 40 year old movie theme that's already been done several times to get me excited.
But I'm just a little picky now in what I'm willing to spend 1000s of $ on.

You mean, starting right after BM66.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You mean, starting right after BM66.

That was an attempt on my part to stay current with the times. Didn't quite work out as planned.

#99 2 years ago

I went Lebowski, Despite the drama this Pin if available for OEM pricing could have become my first NIB. I like the setup, of course I have never played one but watched a lot of Video on all of these pins, read a lot of comments. Like Lebowski, the other choices are close, pretty far but no cigar, clunky may beez, possibly great.
Really haven't found THE ONE that would motivate me to pull out the increasing (as we speak) price.

2 months later
#100 2 years ago

So as an update, I wound up going with Total Nuclear Annihilation as well as Attack From Mars (Remake - Special) and I feel they are both amazing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside