Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BigB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

103 Degrees outside right now. Only have AC in the master bedroom and have not gotten around to getting central air installed. I have a few pins in my garage, It is much hotter in the garage than outside. Feels about 10 degrees hotter in the garage. The rest of the house is also very hot. I almost am afraid to boot up all my machines. Anyone ever have a pin overheat on hot days? I know my pins will be fine if I boot all 13, but curious if anyone had a meltdown before?

#2 8 years ago

Yikes--I wouldn't even try it. Even at normal temps, certain components known for causing scorch marks might not be able to dissipate the heat well at all and might end badly.

I can't imagine what else the heat might be damaging on the machines. Warping wood, planking playfields, discoloring decals, outgassing the DMDs....

#3 8 years ago

Play them and work up a sweat is what I say! Drink cold beverages at the same time...

#4 8 years ago

Damn....I won't turn mine on when the house gets over 75 degrees...........Joey

#5 8 years ago

I'd highly suggest installing a small ac unit in the garage then you could play without sweating 5 pounds off. It sure was a scorcher today!

#6 8 years ago

Gee that's to bad for you CA guys. Beautiful 75 and dry here in MN.

#7 8 years ago

I wanted to play so I went to my neighbors basement (alwaysrockin77). Even though we were underground it was still a little balmy. what so you do when you have to play some metallic?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Gee that's to bad for you CA guys.

Not necessarily...

#9 8 years ago

So, decided to eat out for dinner. Keep the pins off and just drink beer and watch movies in bed since the bedroom is the only room with AC. looks like we will be getting a better AC system. Cant just drink beer and watch movies in bed all summer. lol

#10 8 years ago

Feel the pain. 105 at my place in sac today, and my AC is broken. Got up to 90 inside. Having issue getting anything done with it since everyone wants me to replace all of it instead of fix. Cannot afford a brand new system at the moment.

#11 8 years ago

I'd feel better about using them in the heat than the cold. Cold is when paint chips and plastics break.

I have used my garage as a staging area for projects and never had a problem with the heat, but high 90's are probably the limit here. I crack the door and run a circulating fan.

#12 8 years ago

I paid $700 for a 1 ton ductless AC system for my garage. Best thing I've done to my house in 10 years. I run it basically 24 hours a day at 73. Install was another $700. Small change compared to a pin. Working flawless for almost 2 years now.

#13 8 years ago

I was looking into a 4 unit mini-split ductless system. Install looks rather simple. But when it comes to prepping the motor it makes me wanna hire someone. The ducting in my house is too old to use so I either replace all that or do ductless.

#14 8 years ago

I have a mini split A/C in my garage and it's incredible (ceiling is insulated, garage door is not...yet). I installed the outside and inside units, drilled a big honkin' hole through my brick wall, and connected the lines but had an electrician run a circuit from the breaker box and had an HVAC tech vacuum the lines and do a leak check (which required a little wrench tightening to fix a small leak). However, it is a bit noisy so not sure if I'd want one in my house. Plus it has to hang on a wall so might not look too great indoors. It might be more efficient than central air, though. Mine does not provide heat so you might want a model that does both.

If I move I'm going to uninstall that puppy and take it with me.

#15 8 years ago

Saw the thread title and thought it was about BBB number 153 that was stolen in Texas.
    That game is too hot to play.

#16 8 years ago

Here in the Midwest, we just go downstairs into the basement where it's always nice and cool in the summer. We enjoy a tasty adult beverage and play as much pinball as we like in a climate controlled setting. Cold outside in the winter?? Not too cold downstairs. If it is, I have a space heater that warms it up nicely. Ahhh, the good life.

Now... Where did my drink go??? Later.....BigB

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-hot-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.