Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mrgone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

What do people generally think of Craigslist offers that seem too good to be true? As examples, I've seen a HUO Earthshaker (supposedly bought new) for $750, a LOTR for $2000, and today a single owner LOTR listed for $3000?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Is this a great deal waiting to be had, or a little shady?

#2 11 years ago

Email them, The worst is your email went to a phishing scam.

Maybe on the $3K LOTR, Though that ad has popped up on other cities on Criagslits. The other two you shouldn't need to ask. If they know that much about the game, they know what they should be priced at.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

If it was real I am sure posting here really helped, lol.

#4 11 years ago

I saw a $250 funhouse once. I didn't email right away thinking scam.

Finally I emailed. Legit seller responded it sold for the $250 already. Old man looking to clear house.

SO moral of the story: email.

#5 11 years ago

200 TAF on AZ CL a few weeks ago. It was legit.

-Wes

#6 11 years ago

These comments made me go do a quick look at local CL ads....

#7 11 years ago

Yup... I was second in line for that FH.

I also had a conversation on the phone with a guy that listed a $700 Williams IJ that didn't work.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

I saw a $250 Funhouse once. I didn't email right away thinking scam.
    Finally I emailed. Legit seller responded it sold for the $250 already. Old man looking to clear house.
    SO moral of the story: email.

#8 11 years ago

We have a $500 Comet here, not the greatest deal but still nice.

#9 11 years ago

good deals come up every blue moon. i got lucky enough to score 5 games (sold 3) and they were from non pin people that bought from brick and mortar places 10-15 years ago and usually know very little about the repairs. kids are grown, they never usue it anymore, fell on hard times, or it collects dust etc. selling for the price they bought it for. after a little negoations for a broken game, it's a steal when comparing it to todays prices.

buying and selling on cl still sucks big time. never a dull moment on either end.

#10 11 years ago

$250 Slick Chick posted on CL near Seattle area this last Saturday afternoon. Older couple just looking to clear out the garage.

#11 11 years ago

sounds like something out of the personals

#12 11 years ago

If the seller ask payment via Western Union he's gonna steal you ! Whatch out

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Email them, The worst is your email went to a phishing scam.
    Maybe on the $3K LOTR, Though that ad has popped up on other cities on Criagslits. The other two you shouldn't need to ask. If they know that much about the game, they know what they should be priced at.
    LTG

i set up a separate email address just for responding to c/l ads. this way if it is a phishing scam so what.it wont effect my main account.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-good-to-be-true and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.