Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you think?”

• Best game ever, Do IT!....Do It NOW!! 20 votes
      28%
    • Great idea but would be a money pit to develop 6 votes
      8%
    • No good, wouldn't buy this game 46 votes
      64%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6984 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 6.23.50?PM (resized).png
    plogo.jpg
    mikev4.JPG
    mikev3.jpg
    rodney4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radrats.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from ShootAgain:

Love the idea and Tony Hawk but Rob Dyrdek is a marketing machine I would use him.

Dyrdek is a douche and under indictment for bid fixing on LA skateparks. If I made pins, I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot rail. Hawk is too old now. A Gonz pin would get a lot of love from skaters... And he could do all the art in his goofy style.

Paul Rodriguez is the biggest paid skater in history. I bet Mountain Dew and Nike would sponsor the whole thing.

They should base it around Thrasher Magazine. That would be the best IMO. Chocolate/girl would be my pick for a skater line up to base it around, but they aren't a big enough name on their own. A thrasher pin would be amazing and allow for them to incorporate anyone they want.

#16 11 years ago

Oh and X-games would end up looking like no fear.

#18 11 years ago

Oh and also, Thrasher has a ton of amazing, iconic art from over the years... it would be like a grab bag of cool stuff to use.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffy777:

Tony is a vert skater (half pipes mainly).

Exactly. Hawk isn't a street skater, which kinda makes him irrelevant/uninteresting to skateboard kids of today. I like Hawk, don't get me wrong, but he's just a name, he doesn't represent skating in it's current state. Same could be said for Mullen and 'freestyle' skating. His impact in the skate world is immeasurable, but skate kids today don't care about him.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

You want street skater???
    Ever heard of this guy mike valley?
    -Jon

I actually have met Mike on a number of occasions. I also know some of his bandmates... the rats (get it?) Skating today is practically 100% street, watch ANY skate video from the past 10 or so years at least... unless you're talking about x-games and the big air competition... then it's pretty much just Danny Way. Actually that could make for a good pinball gimmick. You could have the pf set further down in the machine, and you could make a super jump into a ramp (like in NGG, mentioned above.)

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

...this rodney mullen???
    -jon - reciprocal nyc

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a dark, blurry photo of Mike V, but he IS a really nice dude.

#28 11 years ago

So any reason your original post about him so confrontational? It's not like I posted 'use any skater, but Mike V...'

Maybe it's an LA thing, but we don't take posed pictures with celebs. It just makes you look awkward/not from around here.

#31 11 years ago

I just put a mini

Quoted from PW79:7dub yo!
    Gator on a pinball machine? Will there be a stalk your ex & kill her best friend Multiball?

ha. I just put a mini vision sticker of Gator on one of the spinners on my Radical. I'll have to snap a pic.

#33 11 years ago

'My loyal followers,' meaning all of LA? You must think I'm too cool for school and beyond.

I know exactly who I'm firing at, since you've posted two pics of yourself in this thread and your avatar is of you. To me, you seem like a grown up grom, (or maybe just a regular grom.) I mean who else would make Mike V pose for two photo ops in the same day? (Everyone having the same clothes on is a dead giveaway.) If you make all your 'friends' pose like that twice a day, I kinda feel bad for your friends. If your post wasn't intended to be confrontational then maybe you could just learn to use the English language better? You easily could have just said, 'my vote would be for a Mike V pin!!!' Rather than 'Ever heard of him???'

#35 11 years ago

Short answer:

Grom = The little kids at parks that get in the way.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Got it. Reciprocal is a cool place, I guarantee you'd like it. You're just two dudes who love skating and pinball equally. I'd kill for a new skateboarding pin. Fuck zombies, man.

You're right man. Jon, I probably just took your post the wrong way. So, my apologies.

#49 11 years ago

The Search for Animal Chin for SURE would have to be a mode if they did Bones Brigade. Could be super fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radrats.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tony-hawk-pinball?tu=radrats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.