Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
DSC_1555 (resized).JPG
DSC_1527 (resized).JPG
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Says me, I've had countless pins and the experience to price them fairly, and have sold 3 RS, one as recent as last year, all in the 2k range. People can doll them up, paint the radio, invest X amount of hours, to those that know better, It's not a 3500-4K game to us. Those same people need to stop setting an imaginary pricing bar. If that's the price you want, go for it, by all means, but don't justify what you did and assume the rest need to be priced this way because of it.

You listed the last RS that you are referencing at $2450, and it sold in less than 2 days according to the Pinside Archive.
But your game wasn't really in the best shape either - from your ad...

- Cabinet is decent
- The scoop is very good, just needing a cliffy
- Teds eyes need the small plunger that pulls his eyes right (it tries to, so the solenoids are good) other then that, he operates correctly.
- Reds mouth sometimes sticks in the ''duhhh'' position, so it needs the plastic gear, but she's still talking.
- A fresh rubber kit would do wonders. All the bulbs are working.
- The dmd is bright but has 3 vertical lines out. Can still plug and play as is, I play it often and it's fine.

You could easily add $1000 to the price for a NICE RS with the following upgrades...
- a NICE cabinet >>>> $200-$300
- a scoop that doesn't need a cliffy >>>>> $100
- a SHOPPED game - that doesn't need rubber >>>> $300
- some typical upgrades -> LED's, plastic protectors, etc. >>>> $100-$200
- a GOOD DMD - not one with 3 vertical lines out (that's pretty bad) >>>> $150
- Teds Eyes working -> that's at least a 4 hour fix >>>>> $200
- Reds Mouth working >>>>> $100

Based on these issues, this doesn't sound like an excellent condition, close to HUO type of machine.
Soooooo - yes - a semi-broken down game, not in the best condition with no real upgrades is worth less money - for those who know

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You listed the last RS that you are referencing at $2450, and it sold in less than 2 days according to the Pinside Archive.
But your game wasn't really in the best shape either - from your ad...
- Cabinet is decent
- The scoop is very good, just needing a cliffy
- Teds eyes need the small plunger that pulls his eyes right (it tries to, so the solenoids are good) other then that, he operates correctly.
- Reds mouth sometimes sticks in the ''duhhh'' position, so it needs the plastic gear, but she's still talking.
- A fresh rubber kit would do wonders. All the bulbs are working.
- The dmd is bright but has 3 vertical lines out. Can still plug and play as is, I play it often and it's fine.
You could easily add $1000 to the price for a NICE RS with the following upgrades...
- a NICE cabinet >>>> $200-$300
- a scoop that doesn't need a cliffy >>>>> $100
- a SHOPPED game - that doesn't need rubber >>>> $300
- some typical upgrades -> LED's, plastic protectors, etc. >>>> $100-$200
- a GOOD DMD - not one with 3 vertical lines out (that's pretty bad) >>>> $150
- Teds Eyes working -> that's at least a 4 hour fix >>>>> $200
- Reds Mouth working >>>>> $100
Based on these issues, this doesn't sound like an excellent condition, close to HUO type of machine.
Soooooo - yes - a semi-broken down game, not in the best condition with no real upgrades is worth less money - for those who know

Here's your pipe back. I often sell my games for hundreds less than my asking, and this particular roadshow your puffing on was in fact, sold for hundreds less than that asking. So now you know.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Here's your pipe back. I often sell my games for hundreds less than my asking, and this particular roadshow your puffing on was in fact, sold for hundreds less than that asking. So now you know.

You do price your pins fairly, and you sold it very quickly (2 days) because it was a good deal.
My main point is that there can be a wide range of pricing (all fair) for the same game based on condition and extras.
IMO $3500 is totally fair for an excellent condition RS, and $2500 may be typical for a routed, so-so RS that needs parts, repairs, cleaning.

I bought my first pinball machines in the 70's, and it's been my main hobby since the mid 90's so I understand the feeling that some game's aren't worth much. RS was a $1400 pin for years, while WH20 was $1000, TAF and TZ were $1500, etc. etc. The bottom line is that there aren't ANY Bally/Williams DMD games that average less than $2000 currently (maybe Popeye?). And RS is FAR from the bottom/worst of the 90's B/W DMD titles.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You do price your pins fairly, and you sold it very quickly (2 days) because it was a good deal.
My main point is that there can be a wide range of pricing (all fair) for the same game based on condition and extras.
IMO $3500 is totally fair for an excellent condition RS, and $2500 may be typical for a routed, so-so RS that needs parts, repairs, cleaning.
I bought my first pinball machines in the 70's, and it's been my main hobby since the mid 90's so I understand the feeling that some game's aren't worth much. RS was a $1400 pin for years, while WH20 was $1000, TAF and TZ were $1500, etc. etc. The bottom line is that there aren't ANY Bally/Williams DMD games that average less than $2000 currently (maybe Popeye?). And RS is FAR from the bottom/worst of the 90's B/W DMD titles.

Hard to disagree with this post...

#55 6 years ago

So much about high prices.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56843
Well, if it really is like NOS, it might be worth it, but it makes all of the RS look cheap.

1 year later
#56 5 years ago

Bringing this one back. Im going to look at one tomorrow. Basically, its a players machine. What do i need to look at spending on this?

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

Bringing this one back. Im going to look at one tomorrow. Basically, its a players machine. What do i need to look at spending on this?

Well, I just sold a very good condition one (you can look up my add) to a fellow pinsider for 3.4k. So players condition without topper etc. should be quite a bit below that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tons-of-roadshow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.