Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by StrangeSubset1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (resized).jpg
DSC_1555 (resized).JPG
DSC_1527 (resized).JPG

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I have recently seen multiple Roadshow pins pop up for sale, must be a remake coming (just joking). All joking aside, RS is a great pin and loaded with features, in my opinion it has been one of the better buys in pinball for awhile. With that said, it seems like RS use to be readily available for the $2500-$3000 range until recently. Now it seems to be a $3500-$4000 pin, I don't know if they are selling at this price, but is there any insight to the big price increase on this title?

#2 1 year ago

It's certainly not a $3500-4000 pin to those that know better.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

That's my opinion as well (unless completely restored) that's why I am wondering why the sudden price hike for this title.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

That's my opinion as well (unless completely restored) that's why I am wondering why the sudden price hike for this title.

Lately, a lot of people have been fishing their pins for sale. One reason is because the market is questionable and a lot of people just don't really know what to price things at.
With that said, you can always come down on the price but not up, and nobody likes to give a way a deal.

Roadshow is a okay/good game, I've spent a lot of time playing and owning them over the years. It has its share of lovers and haters, and they made plenty of them to go around.

#5 1 year ago

you can always come down on the price but not up

I agree with this, but something I have been seeing lately is that first # isn't even from planet earth. So when you shoot back an offer that allows you to go up just a little as a buyer, it is an offensive low ball. Anyway as far as RS goes, I had one once and have no desire to lug another one downstairs.

#6 1 year ago

Roadshow is a great pin, and compared to other games price wise - it's a $3,500 pinball (in very good condition) value wise IMO.
If you add ColorDMD, PDI Glass or other expensive add on's the price point (value wise) could go higher.

RS has been very undervalued previously IMO, and that is starting to change - but I don't think it's hit the top AT ALL YET.
RS is a much better game than Whitewater, but WH20 increased in price greatly while RS did not -> mostly due to costly restorations and not available parts for WH20 (like the topper). WH20 was always 20% cheaper than RS for 15 years before WH20 starting increasing in price. They made a lot of RS's, so it's taking longer for it's true value (compared to other pins) to come out, because it's been so easy to find cheap. It will be interesting to see RS prices in 3 - 5 years - I predict they will be higher than today for sure. Currently still one of the best values in pinball today.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

it is an offensive low ball. .

I completely agree with this. I think the tactic of inflating your price to get a better deal can backfire, as most people don't want to offend the seller so they just move on to the next one. I assume that's why a lot of pins have been sitting lately.

#8 1 year ago

It's insider knowledge. They're being remade by CGC!!! I'm joking, LOL

#9 1 year ago

It really is a fun game. It is the only pin that I have sold that I missed and purchased again.

#10 1 year ago

I liked roadshow when i cld buy them for 2-2500 .... anything over that is to much for me. Ok game when the price is right...

#11 1 year ago

There was one at TPF for $2300 that I should have bought. It played great! It is a really fun pin.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

that's why a lot of pins have been sitting lately.

Funny thing . . .
Pinside lists 30,000 "game for sale" ads.
If this is a market of "supply and demand"
it seems like that should be enough to chose from.
(yes, we know they aren't ALL available, but they are ads none the less)

And this is only one source. Add Ebay and Craigslist and Facebook and

Either they aren't really for sale, or someone will have to drop their price
to move one. (Economics 101)

#13 1 year ago

I had a like mint one, just needed eyes fixed on red.3k, should of jumped on it when you had the chance, but I know you were down on your back at the time.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I had a like mint one, just needed eyes fixed on red.3k, should of jumped on it when you had the chance, but I know you were down on your back at the time.

I've had a couple of them, a lot of times buying for me is about the timing. I can't tell you how many times I've had a pile of money to buy pins and can't seem to find a deal. Then it seems like after I finally make a purchase, something better pops up within a week of my purchases.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

There was one at TPF for $2300 that I should have bought. It played great! It is a really fun pin.

I'm must have been sleeping on that one. I probably would have brought that home! I like Road Show!

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from myork82:

I'm must have been sleeping on that one. I probably would have brought that home! I like Road Show!

Here is mine
Fully restored, NOS pf, new faces, new decals, plastics... Flawless!

DSC_1527 (resized).JPG

DSC_1555 (resized).JPG

#17 1 year ago

Roadshow weighs a ton, for sure.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Roadshows weighs a ton, for sure.

Its all of that heavy construction equipment.

#19 1 year ago

Funny to read this. Just put mine up for sale at just under 4k.
Reason for my pricing:
- original flawless condition (not a restored one, but all in awesome condition). Would probably not value it more than 3k if it ends here.
- Custom construction topper that is linked into the game play (I think they were around 200-300 back in the days when still availabe).
- Color DMD LCD (400)
- Invisiglass (300)
- LED for most of the game (around 100 - 150).
- Mirror side blades (don't recall how much they were).
So you guys think it is overpriced? Honest opinion appreciated. I am also in SoCal, which I painfully experienced to somehow adds cost to any pin (I wish we could get some mid West or East coast prices here).

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Reason for my pricing:
- original flawless condition (not a restored one, but all in awesome condition). Would probably not value it more than 3k if it ends here.
- Custom construction topper that is linked into the game play (I think they were around 200-300 back in the days when still availabe).
- Color DMD LCD (400)
- Invisiglass (300)
So you guys think it is overpriced? Honest opinion appreciated. I am also in SoCal, which I painfully experienced to somehow adds cost to any pin (I wish we could get some mid West or East coast prices here).

I want a roadshow . If you decided to knock a few hundred off, and consider shipping through STI, let me know.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I want a roadshow . If you decided to knock a few hundred off, and consider shipping through STI, let me know.

Never shipped, so I am not really into it. Also, with what I paid and have in it, there would not be much wiggle room. As the others pointed out, there is a lot of roadshows no for grabs, similarly priced without the extras. I actually would need the funds for another pin, so if the general opinion is that I am out of line with my pricing, I'll just keep it. Couple hundreds us just too much. Especially with the hassle of shipping. Sorry.
But still open to price suggestions. Not making it a deal, but trying to get an idea of a fair price.

#22 1 year ago

Reason for my pricing:
- Color DMD LCD (400)
- Invisiglass (300)

Did you put it up a couple of months ago also? i saw the same description on craigslist a while ago 3800 if i remember correctly.
The extras you put into it add up but i dont think you will get the full price of them when you sell it. You would have an easier time selling if you sold everything separate.
Im in socal also, i sold a near perfect roadshow a couple of months ago for 3100. The playfield was pristine the only problem was a slight fade on the cabinet.

#23 1 year ago

Never shipped, so I am not really into it. Also, with what I paid and have in it, there would not be much wiggle room. As the others pointed out, there is a lot of roadshows no for grabs, similarly priced without the extras. I actually would need the funds for another pin, so if the general opinion is that I am out of line with my pricing, I'll just keep it. Couple hundreds us just too much. Especially with the hassle of shipping. Sorry.
But still open to price suggestions. Not making it a deal, but trying to get an idea of a fair price.

All you have to do for shipping is lower the head. Easy stuff.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

Did you put it up a couple of months ago also? i saw the same description on craigslist a while ago 3800 if i remember correctly.
The extras you put into it add up but i dont think you will get the full price of them when you sell it. You would have an easier time selling if you sold everything separate.
Im in socal also, i sold a near perfect roadshow a couple of months ago for 3100. The playfield was pristine the only problem was a slight fade on the cabinet.

Nope, CL wasn't me. I actually just decided to put it out there to possibly get another pin I really want. Playfield is pristine on this one as well, and no fade . Don't think I will part it out. Probably would keep it before I'll do that.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

All you have to do for shipping is lower the head. Easy stuff.

I packed pins up before. It is more about the cash carry thing and avoiding any arguments after the pin gets to its destination.

#26 1 year ago

I actually just saw this up north
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-super-loaded-road-show
I guess I'll have to raise my price lol.

#27 1 year ago

I guess I'll have to raise my price lol.

You do have a nice RS!

This is why pinball is getting so expensive. One guy has an abnormal sale then the new "standard" is what the guy just sold his for plus a $100 or two, hence all the pins for sale and still for sale.

You might be joking, might not be. I am certainly not the price po-po and I've sold some really expensive pins that aren't so expensive on the average. The problem is when supply is exceeding demand, yet the prices keep going up. The other problem is all the "bolt" on parts that people expect new prices for, color DMD, LEDs, toppers ect.

Another peeve is when a pin commands top dollar and has not been properly shopped. Everybody has their own definition of a shop job. To me, a shop job includes about 30 hours of labor, a complete strip of the playfield, parts cleaned, playfield buffed, new coils or sleeves and stops. Vacuumed out and wiped down with solvent. Switches adjusted, all new bulbs/leds, new rubbers and starposts, plastics straighten or replaced, bottom of playfield should have no coil dust residue when done, you should be able to wipe the inside of the cab with your hand and it come up clean. Shouldn't be dirt/dust build up on top of the head, in the vent holes or in the bottom of the backbox. Outside of cab should be cleaned with mild detergent using a damp cloth. The list can go on and on. Point is, pin should look as good as it can, play like it did when it came out and be impressive in mechanical/appearance when compared to others of the same title.

#28 1 year ago

I am joking about raising the price! I do believe I am at the upper spectrum of the cost, hence my comparison to the other pins that are on sale.
I think the new prices for the bolt ons, or slightly below new aren't too off. If you would not want them, you buy a pin without them (as you said, plenty out there). Especially when it comes to toppers that aren't available anymore, I think they add tremendous value to any pin (not talking about this one in particular).
100% agree on the shopped description. I sold a RIBON a couple months back (still regret it), for way under price and I put about 50hrs in it before it left me. Full strip down, etc. I had gotten it for a good price, so I passed on some savings to a fellow pinsider, though I could have probably sold it for at least 500 - 800 more.
I known I could take the color DMD out and take the glass off (and replace it with a regular $40 playfield glass) and probably still sell it for $3,500.
But that would just make it an overpriced average equipped pin .
But in general, I do agree, prices are crazy. I have been on the hunt for a nice STTNG, trying to stay away from shipping, and within a 1,000 mile radius from SoCal, they seem to go over $6k these days.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Another peeve is when a pin commands top dollar and has not been properly shopped. Everybody has their own definition of a shop job. To me, a shop job includes about 30 hours of labor, a complete strip of the playfield, parts cleaned, playfield buffed, new coils or sleeves and stops. Vacuumed out and wiped down with solvent. Switches adjusted, all new bulbs/leds, new rubbers and starposts, plastics straighten or replaced, bottom of playfield should have no coil dust residue when done, you should be able to wipe the inside of the cab with your hand and it come up clean. Shouldn't be dirt/dust build up on top of the head, in the vent holes or in the bottom of the backbox. Outside of cab should be cleaned with mild detergent using a damp cloth. The list can go on and on. Point is, pin should look as good as it can, play like it did when it came out and be impressive in mechanical/appearance when compared to others of the same title.

Multiply 30 hours by 10 and you might have an idea how much labor when into my Road Show (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-super-loaded-road-show)

The game is very under rated... and I have very little hope in selling it for a reasonable price on Pinside. Prices are really trending down on most pins. Plus it doesn't help that there are a number of nice looking ones all at the same time

However, it didn't hurt to try.

#30 1 year ago

Says what, Pinside ?

#31 1 year ago

I'm going to agree with the sellers here, their prices are fair. I've been watching RS sales the last 6 months or so, and player condition RS with some playfield wear and faded cabinets are going around $3K. A nice one with tasteful upgrades and mods like the OP's pin is right on the money. RS is IMO the most bang for the buck DMD pin on the market today.....

#32 1 year ago

I had a fantastic RS for 3+ years. Loved it. The rest of the family was "meh" on it for some reason, probably due to "too many" rules.

I think it's a great pin with good shots and one of the best combos ever in "left ramp, through the jets, mini flipper into the the blast zone."

I'd take it back in a heart beat at $3500.

#33 1 year ago

Everyone thinks that games are overvalued and inflated until they go to sell... that’s Pinside

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Says what, Pinside ?

I agree, who says it's NOT a 3500-4k pin. I think a lot of it has to do with how badly someone wants a certain title. Other factors are location, shipping costs, driving distance etc. If I have a pin in mind, i'll pay a little more if it's local, or from someone I know, or if it's just a title that isn't easy to find. Looked for my EATPM for over a year, found a local one and snapped it up. I recently picked up a nice RS for just under 3500. Basically flawless PF and plastics, Super nice cab and overall clean as I've seen and plays 100% with no issues. Think the price was about spot on.

#35 1 year ago

Thanks last few guys who responded -- you made my morning

#36 1 year ago

Reason for my pricing:
- Color DMD LCD (400)
- Invisiglass (300)

First -- you have a very nice Road Show !!

Second -- check the sales history of Road Show on pinside -- it's very poor. The game takes forever to sell and it sells for (IMO) way too cheap.

For a good over-valued example, take Bram Stoker's Dracula. Now, I play competitive pinball so I love the game but... there is just NO way this pin is worth what it's selling for. It's very simple in terms of layout, mechanical parts and coding (rules) but Pinside loves it. I don't understand it but that's the hobby for you

#37 1 year ago

I take the price feedback with a grain of salt. I have sold a few pins to guys who attack every little thing and then see it back on the market 6 months later looking exactly the same for 1500 dollars more. It takes two parties to make a sale. Why get angry/ frustrated if the other party does not line up with your price expectations. If I am selling and someone offers me a lot less, I thank them for the offer and move on. No reason to get angry. They were offering money for your game. That is better then taking shots at you for price on a forum thread. If some one is selling a game, and I put forth an offer and they do not take it, that’s fine too. If they want more then I am willing to pay ,no problem , and I wish them well.

I do think there is a value for superior condition games that some people do not value. To me a mint road show or any older W/B title that is in mint condition is worth more. Some people think RS is a 2500 dollar game and that is it. If I am in the market for a certain game, I have no problem paying extra if it is in superior condition. So if a mint RS is listed at 4K , I would have no problem paying that, but I do recognize it may be harder to sell . But that is collecting.

#38 1 year ago

Here’s someone looking for a road show in SoCal
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I do think there is a value for superior condition games that some people do not value. To me a mint road show or any older W/B title that is in mint condition is worth more. Some people think RS is a 2500 dollar game and that is it. If I am in the market for a certain game, I have no problem paying extra if it is in superior condition. So if a mint RS is listed at 4K , I would have no problem paying that, but I do recognize it may be harder to sell . But that is collecting.

Fully agree, very true!

#40 1 year ago

I a

Quoted from pinballOsp:Multiply 30 hours by 10 and you might have an idea how much labor when into my Road Show

You have 300 hours into that? Looks nice.

I agree with most of the responses in this thread, especially when it comes to buying a specific title that is clean and local. I don't see any "arguments" in this thread, but I do hate it when people want to argue over the value of a pin. Bottom line is, a pins value is what it will sell for, if you don't like the bottom price, move on. I do like to know when a particular title sees a big jump on average for prices though and that's the meaning of this thread and RS. Lots of beautiful roadshows for sale right now and still a bargain at the current asking prices.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Multiply 30 hours by 10 and you might have an idea how much labor when into my Road Show (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-super-loaded-road-show)
The game is very under rated... and I have very little hope in selling it for a reasonable price on Pinside. Prices are really trending down on most pins. Plus it doesn't help that there are a number of nice looking ones all at the same time
However, it didn't hurt to try.

Did you paint the radio on your RS? Looks good. That's one of the 1st things I need to change on mine

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I agree, who says it's NOT a 3500-4k pin. I think a lot of it has to do with how badly someone wants a certain title. Other factors are location, shipping costs, driving distance etc. If I have a pin in mind, i'll pay a little more if it's local, or from someone I know, or if it's just a title that isn't easy to find. Looked for my EATPM for over a year, found a local one and snapped it up. I recently picked up a nice RS for just under 3500. Basically flawless PF and plastics, Super nice cab and overall clean as I've seen and plays 100% with no issues. Think the price was about spot on.

Right, RS is not 3500-4k pin, but a 2000-5k. ("5k? Are you crazy?")
The range is big, and strongly depends of condition of pin.
If your aim is to restore it fully, you will see 5k quickly (considering 2.5k for base pin): pf restoration cost or NOS, new plastics, new Red&Ted faces, etc. Of course it looks too expensive for many guys, but this is the reality. There is always a collector who is looking for fully restored pins.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

Here’s someone looking for a road show in SoCal
losangeles.craigslist.org link

I think I might have an idea who that is, in which case he would be looking to pay 2.5k max

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

I a

You have 300 hours into that? Looks nice.

Yeah :/ mostly a testament to doing the cab + decals for the first time... it's incredibly time consuming as was taking the machine apart for cleaning, leds. Even the frigging radio took a major effort.
Again, first timers

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Did you paint the radio on your RS? Looks good. That's one of the 1st things I need to change on mine

Yes, we did 1.5 (ruining 1 radio in the process ) -- it was harder than it looks but it made a huge difference.

#46 1 year ago

4k is ridiculous for this game. and I own a mint one. just saying!

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballOsp:

Says what, Pinside ?

Says me, I've had countless pins and the experience to price them fairly, and have sold 3 RS, one as recent as last year, all in the 2k range. People can doll them up, paint the radio, invest X amount of hours, to those that know better, It's not a 3500-4K game to us. Those same people need to stop setting an imaginary pricing bar. If that's the price you want, go for it, by all means, but don't justify what you did and assume the rest need to be priced this way because of it.

#48 1 year ago

I think I might have an idea who that is, in which case he would be looking to pay 2.5k max

Crappy..... I love it when people post want ads but also want to get a smoking deal at the same time.

#49 1 year ago

Tons? Have you weighed them?

images (resized).jpg

#50 1 year ago

Roadshow is my absolute favorite pinball. I paid $3400 and it was about a 7/10. Red's head fully rebuilt, no major problems since i got it. Wouldn't pay no more than $3500 for a super mint one. Anything over better be clean enough to eat off. People smoking crack trying to pass off led costs as $150+. I did the entire gi, map inserts and sign lights. Cost me $22 and an hour of time. You never get a return when it comes to mods. People seem to just never learn

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside