demon.jpg
image.jpg
kiss army ring.jpg
my kiss.JPG
RickFlairGif.gif
image.jpg
thankgod.png
KISS feature matrix.jpg
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Yes, but I believe we had "ON" TV in '80.

With the hand soldered circuit board pirate decoder box?

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The Limited Edition candy apple red trim package looks so good. The premium trim looks to bland . STERN Star Trek Premium had excellent trim package. What gives ? Want to wait on KISS but if only the Premium looked better. Once again STERN has put me "Between a Rock and a Hard place"

The only premiums that get premium armor areally SR games.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My mother worked for them. I think the office was in Troy or Royal Oak (we lived in Livonia). I was only 6, but I remember someone coming out to drill a hole in the tv and install a knob. I remember being upset that someone was breaking our tv. From what I remember, that was my first exposure to HBO. It seems like it had programming from 8-10 p.m. or something, but I could be wrong.

I believe that we also had "IT" tv at some point too.

#204 8 years ago

Earliest I remember were the 12 button(?) X 3 toggle wood grainish boxes. The ones you could stick a toothpick in and get HBO...so I always heard rumored

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The only premiums that get premium armor areally SR games.

You know I actually prefer the black over the red given the cab art for KISS. That said, would be nice to have a glossy black for the Premium.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

CV was a low end game for a long time. So low they couldn't even clearance them out for 1700 NIB. Took a long time before anyone even gave a shit about that game. Reason it even improved in popularity was because of cameron redoing the roms and making the game more playable. So it goes to show, it's all about the rules and how it plays. If they suck, the game will suck, plain and simple.

Quoted from mufcmufc:

Personally leaning towards premium, will wait to see how code pans out and no rush to buy

This ^^^. Still baffling God of Thunder isn't in the game with the main game feature being the character from the song. Need to see the premium features in action and if they are a must. Gives me time to save the money.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

This looks WAYYYYY better than MET IMHO.

Winston looks WAYYYYY better than Mariota IMHO

Quoted from vid1900:

The only thing I wish it had were all the hot chicks from the original

kiss chicks.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

There's a mod for that.

#208 8 years ago

Amazing how a little competition can make companies show their actual potential vs capitalistic behavior!

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm pulling the fragile, painted trim off and going with real stainless steel.
I don't want to not be able to wear my Kiss Army ring while playing.

kiss army ring.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

your image of the ring inspired me for a replacement plunger rod

KISS Knob 1.pngKISS Knob 1.png
#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pray you get code within a year! Do we know who is programming this one? Let me guess...Lyman? LOL!

That is great you are a religious person. Me too. We need to be. LOL. I pray for code updated, higher scores, and a wife that will continue to support the pricey hobby.

On the KISS, I am in for the music and pinball, a force multiplier together if they do it AC/DC style. For me on this one, the code is secondary, as long as I can play and jam it to the music of yesteryear. I agree with you though on other pins' codes that are not complete. That could indicate the manufacturer could not be a "Finisher" at the time. Too bad for so many great titles, including WoF.

All the best.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

We all learned about 555 timer IC's from subscription teevee. And then down CONvertors with the line of sight HF HBO system in Chicago & Detroit.

#212 8 years ago

That's a great looking game. Even better with classic hand-illustrated art from the original artist! Not really the theme for me, but it still looks like a winner - I'd definitely put a few bucks in it if I spotted on location somewhere.

Somebody at Stern should get a medal for listening to what their fans want, things certainly seem like they are improving.

#213 8 years ago

Nice that they didn't put 65 year old rockers on the machine, like they did on the Stones and AC/DC games. Hope that continues with the next music themed game.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Nice that they didn't put 65 year old rockers on the machine, like they did on the Stones and AC/DC games. Hope that continues with the next music themed game.

...and Metallica premium bald guy edition.

#215 8 years ago

The whole "CV only became popular because of the home roms" is COMPLETE GARBAGE. CV wasn't popular on location because PINBALL wasn't popular on location at that time. The game is popular because of the unique ORIGINAL theme, great gameplay, great unique layout (I know I know, you lemmings want your fan), and huge wow factor. The home roms add nothing to the experience and actually detract from it in many ways, but this ADHD generation just can't stand still for two seconds without wanting to skip an animation.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Not many to pick from anymore. Name a 'good' rock group that started after the year 2000?

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I was kind of hoping 65 year old rockers would not be the next music themed pin.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was kind of hoping 65 year old rockers would not be the next music themed pin.

They'really definitely not 65 in those drawings.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

The whole "CV only became popular because of the home roms" is COMPLETE GARBAGE. CV wasn't popular on location because PINBALL wasn't popular on location at that time.

Yeah, no one was putting quarters in a game called Medieval Madness, that CV kicked off the line, that's for sure.

#220 8 years ago

MM still makes good money on route by me. they have had 8 of them on route for years here.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

They'really definitely not 65 in those drawings.

Add this one to the where are they now files.
Ace.jpegAce.jpeg

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

This ^^^. Still baffling God of Thunder isn't in the game with the main game feature being the character from the song. Need to see the premium features in action and if they are a must. Gives me time to save the money.

This is from the press release:
>>Blood-Spitting Demon Bass Solo player experience
Fire-Breathing Demon “God of Thunder” Multiball Event<<

I would guess that the full track is not a song choice, but it might be part of this multiball.

#223 8 years ago

I wanna complain about code all night!
and then complain about it again the next day!

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Wow, that's full on plagiarism!!

And this one?

Kissperso.jpgKissperso.jpg
#225 8 years ago

I'm far from a Kiss expert, but even I know those faces are all from album covers. I don't think you can really accuse Kevin of ripping off anyone when they're all based on the same Kiss art, which Stern has the license to now.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm far from a Kiss expert, but even I know those faces are all from album covers.

Sure (and also from the original Bally) - just same color choice for faces - but they may well correspond to some Kiss tradition?

#227 8 years ago

So, enough of the pix. When are we going to see video!?

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sure (and also from the original Bally) - just same color choice for faces - but they may well correspond to some Kiss tradition?

Yeah, that's what I mean, those specific colors and faces are all album covers. Not a fan, I don't know the story behind it, but I recognized them. See here:

1322944816_kiss-solos.jpg1322944816_kiss-solos.jpg

So everyone is just referencing the same original Kiss material.

#229 8 years ago

In an effort to keep the band together, their manager allowed each member to release his own solo album on the same day. Those pictures are from the solo album.

KISS is a really interesting band. Even if you're not a fan, you can't deny their successful approach to marketing and entertainment.

#230 8 years ago

I would love to see all the guys from Nickelback release simultaneous solo albums......

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I would love to see all the guys from Nickelback release simultaneous solo albums......

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

God of Thunder was not part of the 2009 re-recordings, therefore it will not be in the pin.

Please restrict future Stern Kiss pinball music requests to the following song list-

1. "Deuce" Gene Simmons Simmons 3:07
2. "Detroit Rock City" Paul Stanley, Bob Ezrin Stanley 3:57
3. "Shout It Out Loud" Stanley, Simmons, Ezrin Stanley, Simmons 2:53
4. "Hotter Than Hell" Stanley Stanley 3:10
5. "Calling Dr. Love" Simmons Simmons 3:25
6. "Love Gun" Stanley Stanley 3:14
7. "I Was Made for Lovin' You" Stanley, Vini Poncia, Desmond Child Stanley 4:41
8. "Heaven's on Fire" Stanley, Child Stanley 3:24
9. "Lick It Up" Stanley, Vinnie Vincent Stanley 3:56
10. "I Love It Loud" Simmons, Vincent Simmons 4:09
11. "Forever" Stanley, Michael Bolton Stanley 3:53
12. "Christine Sixteen" Simmons Simmons 2:59
13. "Do You Love Me?" Stanley, Ezrin, Kim Fowley Stanley 3:39
14. "Black Diamond" Stanley Eric Singer, intro by Stanley 4:20
15. "Rock and Roll All Nite" Stanley, Simmons Simmons 2:49

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Would you also love to see all of them sell terribly, bankrupt a record company, and spend the next 10 years as a staple of cut out racks everywhere?

Cause that's how it went down with the Kiss solo albums.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Would you also love to see all of them sell terribly, bankrupt a record company, and spend the next 10 years as a staple of cut out racks everywhere?

As long as they all died somewhere in that process, it sounds like a solid plan.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

And this one?

Kissperso.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This one is air-brushed and he did an awesome job!!!!!!

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God of Thunder was not part of the 2009 re-recordings, therefore it will not be in the pin.

Quoted from Sparky:

This is from the press release:
>>Blood-Spitting Demon Bass Solo player experience
Fire-Breathing Demon “God of Thunder” Multiball Event<<

Do you think at least the bass riff will be part of the "God of Thunder" Multiball Event, which is what Stern is calling it?

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

I read in another post that this is supposed to be a nine ball multiball. Does anyone know of this is true??

Oops. This is how rumors get started. I may have been the source of that. Someone was comparing the Kiss playfield to IJ4, so I made a stupid joke that it's a different table because Stern added 1 more ball to the Kiss multi-ball.

AFAIK, there are only 6 balls in the Kiss machine.

#238 8 years ago

I really hope the song "God of Thunder" if not in some part is a part of Demon Multiball.
Can't wait for this.

Ponied up and put a deposit down on a pro this morning. I was really on the fence about putting the deposit down on my distributors last LE. However after sleeping on it. I just don't see enough added value between the LE and the premium ($1400). If the game play features of the Premium/LE are great I'll upgrade to the premium.

It would have been a no brainer for me to go LE if the artwork was different. But with all three variations the same. Besides the unique mirrored backglass and powdered side rails which I can do myself I'm not seeing the added value in going LE on this one.
At least on STLE you got etched siderAils and led chasing LEDs running down the sides.

My .02 on my justification on my purchase. Your mileage may vary

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I really hope the song "God of Thunder" if not in some part is a part of Demon Multiball.
Can't wait for this.
Ponied up and put a deposit down on a pro this morning. I was really on the fence about putting the deposit down on my distributors last LE. However after sleeping on it. I just don't see enough added value between the LE and the premium ($1400). If the game play features of the Premium/LE are great I'll upgrade to the premium.
It would have been a no brainer for me to go LE if the artwork was different. But with all three variations the same. Besides the unique mirrored backglass and powdered side rails which I can do myself I'm not seeing the added value in going LE on this one.
At least on STLE you got etched siderAils and led chasing LEDs running down the sides.

Forgot to mention the gold foil as part of the cabinet art on the LE's as well. However I agree with you that the LE is not worth the extra money over the Premiums..

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Brutal. My first concert was the Hot in the Shade tour, so I'm sure I heard "Forever" live, but I must have blocked it out. Not surprised to learn it was co-written by Michael Bolton.

#241 8 years ago

At the prices these games are costing, you should be able to order options like you're buying a car.

So if you want specific trim, or the mirror glass, etc. you should be able to order each separately.

They could probably charge more too.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Brutal. My first concert was the Hot in the Shade tour, so I'm sure I heard "Forever" live, but I must have blocked it out. Not surprised to learn it was co-written by Michael Bolton.

Was Michael Bolton in KISS too? If so, that has to make its way in as a DMD easter egg.

#243 8 years ago

Has anyone seen a close-up of the rule card yet? I haven't seen it in any of the pictures to where you could actually read it.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Can't wait for this.

Yeah I suspect you could just get a PLEmium from Pinball Refinery with more features and less $ than the LE.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Was Michael Bolton in KISS too?

Just about.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Has anyone seen a close-up of the rule card yet? I haven't seen it in any of the pictures to where you could actually read it.

The only part I can make out is "Feed the Demon, he's hungy"

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please restrict future Stern Kiss pinball music requests to the following song list-
1. "Deuce" Gene Simmons Simmons 3:07
2. "Detroit Rock City" Paul Stanley, Bob Ezrin Stanley 3:57
3. "Shout It Out Loud" Stanley, Simmons, Ezrin Stanley, Simmons 2:53
4. "Hotter Than Hell" Stanley Stanley 3:10
5. "Calling Dr. Love" Simmons Simmons 3:25
6. "Love Gun" Stanley Stanley 3:14
7. "I Was Made for Lovin' You" Stanley, Vini Poncia, Desmond Child Stanley 4:41
8. "Heaven's on Fire" Stanley, Child Stanley 3:24
9. "Lick It Up" Stanley, Vinnie Vincent Stanley 3:56
10. "I Love It Loud" Simmons, Vincent Simmons 4:09
12. "Christine Sixteen" Simmons Simmons 2:59
13. "Do You Love Me?" Stanley, Ezrin, Kim Fowley Stanley 3:39
14. "Black Diamond" Stanley Eric Singer, intro by Stanley 4:20
15. "Rock and Roll All Nite" Stanley, Simmons Simmons 2:49

Is it confirmed that they're using the rerecordings?

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is it confirmed that they're using the rerecordings?

Not that I know of, but it seems like exactly the kind of thing they would do. Stick it to Ace & Peter one more time.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not that I know of, but it seems like exactly the kind of thing they would do. Stick it to Ace & Peter one more time.

Actually, many bands are re-recording their hits, not to screw over each other, but to own the recordings so they ACTUALLY GET PAID.

ELO, KISS, Def Leper, Eagles, Jefferson Starship......

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/482195/def-leppard-recording-forgeries-of-old-hits-to-spite-label

http://kearth101.cbslocal.com/2012/09/19/jeff-lynne-on-why-he-re-recorded-his-elo-hits/

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/don-henley-record-companies-not-going-to-roll-over-on-copyright-issue-20110907

#250 8 years ago

I'm sorry, Vid... to funny

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tons-of-kiss-pix/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.