Topic Stats

• 265 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 47 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

making-a-toast-with-beer,1046381.jpg
11259056_10153264741254244_454021629540918406_n.jpg
1322944816_kiss-solos.jpg
Kissperso.jpg
Ace.jpeg
KISS Knob 1.png
AceFrehley.jpg
20130423_175957.jpg
demon.jpg
image.jpg
kiss army ring.jpg
my kiss.JPG
RickFlairGif.gif
image.jpg
thankgod.png
KISS feature matrix.jpg

There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago

I'm pulling the fragile, painted trim off and going with real stainless steel.

I don't want to not be able to wear my Kiss Army ring while playing.

kiss army ring.jpg
#152 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

then it lowers and he vomits the balls.

man, this is sick.

#153 4 years ago

So nice! Thanks for the pics!

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

The Limited Edition candy apple red trim package looks so good. The premium trim looks to bland . Stern Star Trek Premium had excellent trim package. What gives ? Want to wait on KISS but if only the Premium looked better. Once again STERN has put me "Between a Rock and a Hard place"

What do others think of the lack of a color trim package for the Premium ? Its not the end of the word . But kind of a bummer .

#155 4 years ago

WOW! That's the first time I've seen such a bad sounding idea look so good. Awesome retro look.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

What do others think of the lack of a color trim package for the Premium ? Its not the end of the word . But kind of a bummer .

I think it's a bummer that the Premium model has normal trim. Shouldn't be the case at all. I've sent trim to Matt at Back Alley, but buyers shouldn't have to do that on a Premium.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Same thing happened on Metallica. Maybe it's a "Borg thing"? Rarehero has that theory about how he spends his build money.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same thing happened on Metallica. Maybe it's a "Borg thing"? Rarehero has that theory about how he spends his build money.

Nice article you wrote . I like how you touched on many aspects of STERN pinball out side of just the artistic angle . Touching on code development for example. Very well written .

#159 4 years ago

Love the mushroom cloud explosion on the lower part of the PF. Lots of fire & lightning everywhere. Really obnoxious & over the top. Just like artwork on a pin(IMO) should be.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Nice article you wrote . I like how you touched on many aspects of STERN pinball out side of just the artistic angle . Touching on code development for example. Very well written .

Hey thanks. I don't write for Ars that often, not really my job, leave that to our writing staff, but I do like an excuse to get more pinball content up.

I think Stern has a great looking game on their hands. I don't dig Kiss, but I can't deny it's a solid theme, and the hand drawn art looks bad ass.

How does it shoot is obviously a question, though I do like Borg's games, that's not a huge worry for me. But everyone is curious about the code. It makes or breaks a game, look what happened to Metallica. Went from exciting at first, to meh, to holy shit, this game is amazing. At least that's how I saw the evolution.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I guess I never should have shown this to Kevin O'Connor back in 2012?

my kiss.JPG

Wow, that's full on plagiarism!!

#162 4 years ago

This morning the Beavis in me said "Hey, I was wrong! Kiss would look cool in my livingroom"

I guess that just comes from the excitement of seeing a new product. As the day has wound down I am glad I already went thru that when they first announced Metallica and have learned my lesson.

I'm sure there are others that can't wait to get one and good for them. I will play one when I see one. But for me I still have no interest in spending that kind of money for a monument to something that was over many decades ago.

#163 4 years ago

JJ just claimed a deposit for an LE from me tonight.

Never was a KISS fan, but I love Gene Simmons especially on Varney and Company. I wasn't an AC/DC fan either until I got the pin. Now I really enjoy AC/DC music.

If KISS play can get extra guitar riffs with every bonus ramp hit during a multi-ball, I will be satisfied. I love it on NGG and AC/DC the most. Something about a guitar riff you earn...almost as if I am playing the riff with the shot making.....sweet.

Thanks Stern!!

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

JJ just claimed a deposit for an LE from me tonight.
Never was a KISS fan, but I love Gene Simmons especially on Varney and Company. I wasn't an AC/DC fan either until I got the pin. Now I really enjoy AC/DC music.
If KISS play can get extra guitar riffs with every bonus ramp hit during a multi-ball, I will be satisfied. I love it on NGG and AC/DC the most. Something about a guitar riff you earn...almost as if I am playing the riff with the shot making.....sweet.
Thanks Stern!!

Pray you get code within a year! Do we know who is programming this one? Let me guess...Lyman? LOL!

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Don't have to play it to speculate that it will be a high-rated hit. The artwork, theme and design alone already put it up there... Cirqus Voltaire is a game that has a high rating based mainly on spectacular aesthetics.
We'll see how it plays - that will answer whether it gets into the very top bracket.

CV was a low end game for a long time. So low they couldn't even clearance them out for 1700 NIB. Took a long time before anyone even gave a shit about that game. Reason it even improved in popularity was because of cameron redoing the roms and making the game more playable. So it goes to show, it's all about the rules and how it plays. If they suck, the game will suck, plain and simple.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Do we know who is programming this one?

Word is it's the same team that did Star Trek.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kiss would look cool in my livingroom

I approve this message!

Really digging the layout, gimmicks, newly added STEREO( ! ) and colorful artwork.
Kevin did a great job updating the PF art and I gotta admit, it looks like Borg has another hot/addictive machine on his hands.
I'm not even a KISS fan and I want to play this, like.......now!

If the stars align and Borg does Maiden next year with an LCD already in place AND in sTeReO, I'll be a verrrrry happy camper if he's able to top this.

Kudos Stern!

#168 4 years ago

Fk it. LE ordered. And I've never bitched about unfinished code.

image.jpg
#169 4 years ago

When I play pins it's all about having a loud, flashy, rocking good time. If you've ever seen a KISS show you'd see why the look of this pinball is an obvious winner. It looks like a KISS show! Not the most polished music by far, but you are definitely entertained, and that's what pinballs are for. I hope the code delivers, but F it, I'm still getting the game!

#170 4 years ago

I have to say that I'm eating my words on this one. Kiss the band does nothing for me but I would play the hell out of this pin. AC/DC was the same for me. Not a fan of the band but I would own a Premium in a second.

#171 4 years ago

Personally leaning towards premium, will wait to see how code pans out and no rush to buy

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I approve this message!
Really digging the layout, gimmicks, newly added STEREO( ! ) and colorful artwork.
Kevin did a great job updating the PF art and I gotta admit, it looks like Borg has another hot/addictive machine on his hands.
I'm not even a KISS fan and I want to play this, like.......now!
If the stars align and Borg does Maiden next year with an LCD already in place AND in sTeReO, I'll be a verrrrry happy camper if he's able to top this.
Kudos Stern!

There will be no Maiden, get that out of your head...

#173 4 years ago

Can not wait to see gameplay vids. Much nicer looking than expected!

#174 4 years ago

I Hope when you coin up the game screams.....YOU WANTED THE BEST! YOU GOT THE BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD.....KISS!!!

Then they rip into a song like a live show...it would rock!

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I Hope when you coin up the game screams.....YOU WANTED THE BEST! YOU GOT THE BEST! THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD.....KISS!!!

That could work for the callout for the GC too.

#176 4 years ago

Nice looking game, not a Kiss fan but holy shit is it beautiful. Might have to pick one up in a couple years, no more NIB Sterns for me.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

My guess is you will get this as soon as you hit the start button..

#178 4 years ago

Shouldn't there be some half-naked groupies somewhere on this thing? Maybe at least the slingshot plastics?

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man, this is sick.

Remember Gottlieb's Freddy? Just the same, but at least Freddy (original actor Robert Englund) says awesome things!

#180 4 years ago

20130423_175957.jpg

#181 4 years ago

If you're like me, you spent most of yesterday drooling over the new KISS pics. But if you're also like me, you're also a WWE fan (so now I've narrowed this "if you're like me" criteria to like 6 people) and apparently Stern is making "selling the car" a real mental dilemma.

I grew up watching the mid 80s to late 90s WWF/E and then in 1996 KISS reunited which gave the 13yr old me a band that looked like wrestlers but (IMHO) were better than AC/DC which all my friends loved.

Fun fact - after said reunion, KISS also had a cross-promotion with WCW (WWE's main competition) which was the floppiest flop of all flops. I even remembering boo'ing at the TV.

demon.jpg

Ugh. It pains me to look at that picture.

I personally hate the look of Wrestlemania PRO, but think LE and I are destined for a long relationship down the road on the used market. I seriously wonder if KISS just won over the entire pin community (at least the majority) and if WWE just became the (even more so) bastard child of their line up. I'd love for both pins to equally be big sellers AND flops so the used market is saturated... but after yesterday's pics, I don't think KISS will be a flop. The idea of Love Gun Flying Ball gives me chills.

To all WWE LE owners that will want to sell in a year in order to cover some of the KISS payment - I'm your target buyer. I want your LE. Sell me your LE... on the cheap preferably!

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will consider buying it ONLY when and if they ever complete code and obviously I get a chance to play it and like it.

Cosigned. I'll wait a year or so, see where the code ends up, and only then consider buying a pro. I have other pins to play; I can wait.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I have other pins to play; I can wait.

And stupid impatient friends!

#184 4 years ago

When's the unboxing party?

#185 4 years ago

Looks great....kudos to Stern. If the code ends up being fantastic then I "might" consider picking one up when they start hitting the secondary market......but probably not. Can't wait to play one though.

#186 4 years ago

Since this is "tons of Kiss pix," here I am circa 1980:

AceFrehley.jpg

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

AceFrehley.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Damn, that's creepy.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

AceFrehley.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I think we had that same TV......with a 40lb RCA VHS VCR on top of it! Oh.....and nice Bell Bottoms!

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Word is it's the same team that did Star Trek.

Which Star Trek team? The initial one? Or the second one that included Dwight Sullivan?

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Which Star Trek team? The initial one? Or the second one that included Dwight Sullivan?

First one, no Dwight. I cannot confirm it, was just posted here, but I think it's reliable.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Shouldn't there be some half-naked groupies somewhere on this thing? Maybe at least the slingshot plastics?

#192 4 years ago

As gas as I know no pin will have a dedicated software guy from here on out it is a team effort

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Two years before Cable.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

kiss chicks.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You know all that needs to be done is to Reposition the sling flashers and those could be a reality.. If I get one that might be a mod I do as I hate that Stern always puts flasher in their slings. Wish they would mount them under the out line metal guides like Bally and Williams use to, much cleaner look and design..

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I'm not even a KISS fan

I wonder if Leslie is.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

My guess is you will get this as soon as you hit the start button..

It better, otherwise they just missed a huge opportunity.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

kiss chicks.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yeah like that, only maybe slightly longer and thicker necks

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

First one, no Dwight. I cannot confirm it, was just posted here, but I think it's reliable.

That sucks.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Two years before Cable.

Yes, but I believe we had "ON" TV in '80.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Yes, but I believe we had "ON" TV in '80.

I remember watching an AC/DC concert on ON TV. Bon Scott was still in the band and it was a very small venue...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside