demon.jpg
image.jpg
kiss army ring.jpg
my kiss.JPG
RickFlairGif.gif
image.jpg
thankgod.png
KISS feature matrix.jpg
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

This has to be one of the best art packages Modern Stern has ever done, if not the best. Trying to think of others that are really good and MET is the only other one that stands out to me.

#102 8 years ago

Looks awesome and the timing is perfect for me. I can't afford one until just about the time code is done.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This has to be one of the best art packages Modern Stern has ever done, if not the best. Trying to think of others that are really good and MET is the only other one that stands out to me.

What do you count as "modern"? I agree with you, but for instance is TSPP modern? That was a great package.

Original art is just awesome, love see it on pinballs. I know you can't always go there with the license, it's tough with movies for instance, but bands are so perfect for it. I wish ACDC had a playfield that looked as good as the art on Kiss.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To me this *IS* the best art on any Stern ever

The almighty Metallica art is now 2nd

TSPP is 3rd

Stern did great on TWD & FGY too since I'm pat'n em on the back

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

So how many of you guys that swore off pre-ordering will be... pre-ordering?
Don't be shy, raise your hand.

Nope.

Pin looks *great*. Zero chance of a preorder for me though. Premium looks like a fantastic option. May very well wind up getting one down the road after playing it for myself and giving code time to mature.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What do you count as "modern"? I agree with you, but for instance is TSPP modern? That was a great package.
Original art is just awesome, love see it on pinballs. I know you can't always go there with the license, it's tough with movies for instance, but bands are so perfect for it. I wish ACDC had a playfield that looked as good as the art on Kiss.

Anything made after the classic sterns from the 80s. Tspp is good too, but when the art is original and done right like this, just looks so much better. Good call on TSPP though, forgot about that one.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Do we know who designed this one? I'm guessing Borg since it uses the "Pat Bottom" and his designs seem to take a lot of influence from Lawlor.

What is a Pat Bottom?

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What is a Pat Bottom?

The in lanes as far as I know I could be wrong game looks killer !!

#109 8 years ago

Scoops pretty far up there for a Lawlor.

#110 8 years ago

It's a Borg, not a Lawlor.
Stern's dark side Lawlor clone, pretty much.
I like his games plenty, and Stern is poised to score well here.

If only 600 LE's are made, and 1/2 are exported (never, ever, to return--not this time), whoa Nelly
This will be the first LE to vastly "increase" in value since Tron.
Go get'em if you can.
Wish I could.

#111 8 years ago

So is the spinning disc like Tron?

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

X-MEN?

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

This will be the first LE to vastly "increase" in value since Tron.
Go get'em if you can.
Wish I could.

Dont buy a pin because it may be 1 of 10 LEs that actually go up in value. Buy it because you want it now. Most go down that's the reality after hype dies.

#114 8 years ago

Haha. Another good one. But still think this tops that.

And I'm a huge xmen fan.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Dont buy a pin because it may be 1 of 10 LEs that actually go up in value. Buy it because you want it now. Most go down that's the reality after hype dies.

Truth.

See: MET LE.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This! Remember Tron LE was a reality check for Stern and they will never leave that kind of money on the table again. Buy KISS because you love and want to flip it. Omg it's amazing

#117 8 years ago

I'm not a huge Kiss either, but I remember playing the 1978 version when I was a kid. I really like the look of this game and it does take me back to playing the Bally version.

The giant, ball-spitting Gene-head might be a bit much but I get why it's there. I'm sure the effect will be cool in the game. Overall, I like it and think it will sell well for Stern.

The only real dig is that we all know the code won't be done for a year or more, maybe never. Stern could surprise us but recent history certainly wouldn't make me bet on it

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

The giant, ball-spitting Gene-head might be a bit much but I get why it's there. I'm sure the effect will be cool in the game.

Stern could surprise us...

Can't wait for the complaints aboot shooting balls denting the PF!

Please stop...you know it isn't going to happen.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

I'm not a huge Kiss either, but I remember playing the 1978 version when I was a kid. I really like the look of this game and it does take me back to playing the Bally version.
The giant, ball-spitting Gene-head might be a bit much but I get why it's there. I'm sure the effect will be cool in the game. Overall, I like it and think it will sell well for Stern.
The only real dig is that we all know the code won't be done for a year or more, maybe never. Stern could surprise us but recent history certainly wouldn't make me bet on it

Would you rather have a game that needs code updates or no game at all? Every new pin has coding left to be done and at least stern has a game in your home as you wait.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Would you rather have a game that needs code updates or no game at all? Every new pin has coding left to be done and at least stern has a game in your home as you wait.

Doesn't have to be either or answer. Mostly people mean code done enough to the major features of a game, which can take a year.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can't wait for the complaints aboot shooting balls denting the PF!
Please stop...you know it isn't going to happen.

Either that, or complaints of Gene's tounge breaking off. Mick-On-A-Stick anyone???

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Either that, or complaints of Gene's tounge breaking off. Mick-On-A-Stick anyone???

Uh oh...didn't even think aboot that one!

#123 8 years ago

I have to agree it's one of the better looking sterns. Nice art package. I hate kiss, but I hate metallica too, and I think it's one of the best looking games Stern has ever made. Wish they would have went with hand drawn art like this for all of AC/DC.

#124 8 years ago

If it proves to be a fun game, and once there's a hot chick premium version, I'll buy my Luci a playmate.

#125 8 years ago

This looks like it could be a major hit... Wow. We're likely looking at a new Top 20 pin... Maybe a Top 10.

#126 8 years ago

Huge KISS fan. I'll be wanting one of these down the line. Probably a used pro after code is solid.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Wish they would have went with hand drawn art like this for all of AC/DC.

Ditto on that.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

This looks like it could be a major hit... Wow. We're likely looking at a new Top 20 pin... Maybe a Top 10.

When did you play it?

#129 8 years ago

ZERO chance, less than ZERO chance, slim and none and slim has left the building, get the picture!

I will consider buying it ONLY when and if they ever complete code and obviously I get a chance to play it and like it.

So get this Stern, from the pre order king himself, there is NO WAY I'm buying this pin until and if the above happens, maybe you don't give a shit, but it takes a big set of silver balls to keep pumping these pins out with code being so far behind on so many pins.

I appreciate the fact that you guys actually are still putting out some great stuff for us pinheads, but heres a big F U from me on the code front, get your shit together please

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ZERO chance, less than ZERO chance, slim and none and slim has left the building, get the picture!
I will consider buying it ONLY when and if they ever complete code and obviously I get a chance to play it and like it.
So get this Stern, from the pre order king himself, there is NO WAY I'm buying this pin until and if the above happens, maybe you don't give a shit, but it takes a big set of silver balls to keep pumping these pins out with code being so far behind on so many pins.

Hopefully you are the first of many that start doing this.

#131 8 years ago

If ever there was a world underneath glass this is it. Wow it looks gorgeous.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Quoted from RobT:

When did you play it?

Please keep logic out of the discussion.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully you are the first of many that start doing this.

I seriously doubt it, because so many say the same thing every time but I've got to believe more and more people have to be fed up with the BS?

I said I was getting TWD on theme alone, love it, but am frustrated with incomplete code 8 months later. I can wait now

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

When did you play it?

Don't have to play it to speculate that it will be a high-rated hit. The artwork, theme and design alone already put it up there... Cirqus Voltaire is a game that has a high rating based mainly on spectacular aesthetics.

We'll see how it plays - that will answer whether it gets into the very top bracket.

#135 8 years ago

No drop targets on the pro. Bummer

A 4-bank and a single drop on the prem/LE

#136 8 years ago

That's bad ass. I like KISS and all, not heaps but that just looks amazing!

#137 8 years ago

I'm a buyer, but I also don't bitch about code. I understand the risks.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm a buyer, but I also don't bitch about code. I understand the risks.

This is fine too. The complaints about code are getting old. Just know going in you are risking having a game that may never be complete. If you are cool with that, great. That means no more whining. I wish I could ignore posts that mention incomplete code. Haha

#139 8 years ago

I read in another post that this is supposed to be a nine ball multiball. Does anyone know of this is true??

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

I read in another post that this is supposed to be a nine ball multiball. Does anyone know of this is true??

Good luck cradle separating that gents.

#141 8 years ago

Sorry, but got to be honoust.

That playfield looks epic!

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is fine too. The complaints about code are getting old. Just know going in you are risking having a game that may never be complete. If you are cool with that, great. That means no more whining. I wish I could ignore posts that mention incomplete code. Haha

I have somewhat mixed feelings on the issue. Obviously people should be able to bitch, complain, and demand that a pin that we are paying a ton of money for be as complete as possible code wise.

But on the other hand, I agree that the code complaints are not only getting old, but that Stern isn't being given enough credit for the timely and mostly complete code that they did for Mustang.

It was 6 months from date of release of that pin to it's current code status. Of course I'd like it to be even faster than this, but it's better than what we've seen in the past on many of their releases.

#143 8 years ago

Playfield looks awesome. Cabinet is...ok, not great. I'll put it on my list of titles to evaluate in a year, after it's had time to mature (like AC/DC, X-Men, etc). I hope it's a big seller so I can pick one up second hand later on.

#144 8 years ago

Looks loke both the pro and prem/le pics on fb post have the stage behind the paul figureine. I thought the magnet ball floaty stuff on backstop was just for prem/le?

Also whats up with pauls right arm/shoulder?

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have somewhat mixed feelings on the issue. Obviously people should be able to bitch, complain, and demand that a pin that we are paying a ton of money for be as complete as possible code wise.
But on the other hand, I agree that the code complaints are not only getting old, but that Stern isn't being given enough credit for the timely and mostly complete code that they did for Mustang.
It was 6 months from date of release of that pin to it's current code status. Of course I'd like it to be even faster than this, but it's better than what we've seen in the past on many of their releases.

Stern deserves every bit of flack for releasing unfinished games, what happens when major video game developers release buggy incomplete games? They get annihilated. And if they are broke, it's usually not 6 months for a fix, it's fixed asap or else. This is no different, if video game publishers can release complete games on time (with minor patches afterwards), why can't pinball machine developers? The video games are 100x bigger in size and complexity. In both cases (pinball and video games), it's not a programmer issue as it is a management decision, i.e. releasing something that's not done.

#146 8 years ago

I'm not a KISS fan by any stretch, but I'd be willing to trade my RAZA spot for one.

Seriously though, good looking art and layout. Nice job Stern. I hope the code will match the looks!

#147 8 years ago

I guess I never should have shown this to Kevin O'Connor back in 2012?

my kiss.JPGmy kiss.JPG
#148 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I guess I never should have shown this to Kevin O'Connor back in 2012?

my kiss.JPG

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

I know, my jaw hit the floor this morning

#150 8 years ago

The Limited Edition candy apple red trim package looks so good. The premium trim looks to bland . STERN Star Trek Premium had excellent trim package. What gives ? Want to wait on KISS but if only the Premium looked better. Once again STERN has put me "Between a Rock and a Hard place"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tons-of-kiss-pix/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.