demon.jpg
image.jpg
kiss army ring.jpg
my kiss.JPG
RickFlairGif.gif
image.jpg
thankgod.png
KISS feature matrix.jpg

There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 8 years ago

It does look like a lot of fun. I don't like seeing posts guarding the ramps though, it can make a game feel clunky. Minor gripe.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

KISS feature matrix. Looks like you miss out on some of the cooler features with the Pro (floating ball, balls being spit out).

Hard to tell from the matrix but it looks like the Pro "Demon" statue can still spit out balls but uses a different mechanism to do so (maybe the Pro version spits out only one ball, while Premium/LE can hold them and then spit a bunch in a row to start multiball?)

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The cabinet looks insane...but I'm not sure insane in a good way?
The playfield however, wow. Even if you're not a fan of KISS, it's hard not to say that it looks incredible. Looks like a fun shooting game, nice and straight forward. I say this title says very well.
It's just a shame they botched TWD, but even with great code that game plays ''off'' with its randomness. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out, especially with the code. Will it get the Metallica treatment? Time will tell.
Thumbs up for Stern on this one, looks great!

If you look closely at the pops, there is exposure on the right side of the top and right one, and the left one has exposure at the bottom - so they look like they'll really send the ball sailing around - like the original kiss.
The Ace Frehley/Paul Stanley(whomever it is) target on the left looks a lot like Optimus Prime from Transformers, and that could be real bad.

Looks real good overall.
I imagine the entire band will be dead of natural causes by the time the code is finished, so that could be an issue. Aside from that this will be a winner. Like someone said - just too many fans out there.

#54 8 years ago

I like the looks of this pin , even though i am no Kiss fan. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

(maybe the Pro version spits out only one ball, while Premium/LE can hold them and then spit a bunch in a row to start multiball?)

That is the way I took it.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hard to tell from the matrix but it looks like the Pro "Demon" statute can still spit out balls but uses a different mechanism to do so (maybe the Pro version spits out only one ball, while Premium/LE can hold them and then spit a bunch in a row to start multiball?)

Bingo. Seems like the Pro will have a VUK type mechanism to kick the ball up out of his mouth, but the Prem/LE will have a lock/trough type thing and shoot out multiple balls like Megatron on TF.

#57 8 years ago

This game looks INCREDIBLE.

Well done, Stern. Well done!

#58 8 years ago

Looks great! I'm not a big Kiss fan but this game just looks like fun to play. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the area towards the back left that randomly hits the ball around to light inserts...waste of space in my opinion. The head toy looks really cool.

#59 8 years ago

Just heard from a reliable source:

600 LEs are being made (300 going overseas, 100 to Kiss fanclub, 200 remaining for North America).

LEs ship late June.

Premiums ship late July.

Given the price difference, I'm leaning toward Premium on this one.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Given the price difference, I'm leaning toward Premium on this one.

Did I miss the prices somewhere?

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This game looks INCREDIBLE.
Well done, Stern. Well done!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks great! I'm not a big Kiss fan but this game just looks like fun to play. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the area towards the back left that randomly hits the ball around to light inserts...waste of space in my opinion. The head toy looks really cool.

Agree, it looks way cool. I am not remotely a KISS fan, but this pin looks great.

However if GOT is next and Lawler pin for JJP #3 and unknown Stern VE pin. I am not in any hurry to buy one seeing as the code is not going to be done for a year. I'll surely let this one ferment and check back in a year and see what's what.

My hats off to Stern, they really make a lot of pins in a short period of time.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Did I miss the prices somewhere?

MSRP prices are as follows (of course they will be cheaper when you get a quote directly from a dealer):

PRO: $5,995 MSRP/ PREMIUM: $7,595 MSRP / LE: $8,795 MSRP

Most dealers are usually at least $1k cheaper than the MSRP prices, if not more.

#63 8 years ago

Game looks great. Also happy to see Stern is going all out on the pro and spending the extra $4

thankgod.pngthankgod.png

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Also happy to see Stern is going all out on the pro and spending the extra $4

#65 8 years ago

you gotta hand to Stern. One day they release a video with some white wood shots. The next day they release images of a 100% physically complete machine.

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise all of us with crazy code up front.

I applaud them, as always, for leading us through the dark years and (now) pumping-out GREAT looking games...and some really fun games, too all the while keeping their operation Made in USA.

Well done, Stern

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Game looks great. Also happy to see Stern is going all out on the pro and spending the extra $4
thankgod.png (Click image to enlarge)

Seinfeld. Additional overcharge

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That would be a bummer. I'm really hoping you can hit balls into his mouth.

Just get a Funhouse and paint Rudy's face like Gene's.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

you gotta hand to Stern. One day they release a video with some white wood shots. The next day they release images of a 100% physically complete machine.
I applaud them, as always, for leading us through the dark years and (now) pumping-out GREAT looking games...and some really fun games, too all the while keeping their operation Made in USA.
Well done, Stern

Agree, they're not perfect but they make a lot of games, I guess a few misses but they keep making pins. Was nice of them to re-run IM which I can say is never leaving.

I appreciate JJP also, but their delays (or space between pins) is almost unbearable. Hopefully they will pick up some steam and make more than a game every other year (ish).

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Don;t get too excited.

#70 8 years ago

Looks really cool. Good job Stern!

#71 8 years ago

well i wasn't planning on getting a kiss but now i'm thinking about a premium. all hinges on the code completion.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from vex:

well i wasn't planning on getting a kiss but now i'm thinking about a premium. all hinges on the code completion.

If you're waiting on code completion, you should have plenty of time to save up for it!

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from vex:

So next year then?

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

So how many of you guys that swore off pre-ordering will be... pre-ordering?
Don't be shy, raise your hand.
SEND MONEY NOW!

Well lets see, Lyman not programming, No LCD, and I am not a Kiss fan....so a big NO to pre-ordering.

The layout and art do look good/interesting. I hope to have a chance to play and maybe would consider one down the road if the code turns out great.

#75 8 years ago

Not a fan at all of Kiss or of that big ugly face on the playfield but I have to give it up for Stern. That looks pretty good. I like how the art is packed on the playfield and continues on all parts of the cabinet. It actually looks like someone paid attention to detail and not saving a nickel here and there. Hope that continues on all the future games.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think you shoot under his head, then it lowers and he vomits the balls.

An interactive head toy.... pure genius!

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

An interactive head toy.... pure genius!

You should have seen what Paul wanted.......

#78 8 years ago

They should have the release party in Cadillac Michigan.

#79 8 years ago

Fucking beautiful

I don't like KISS

Still want one of these someday me thinks

#80 8 years ago

First package in some time I've been pretty excited about from Stern. Love the art, looks like a great layout, and a game with a lot of promise. I'm not a Kiss fan at all either, but looking forward to getting to play it soon!

#81 8 years ago

The light show on this should be insane.

#82 8 years ago

Not a KISS fan, but that pin is lookin sick!

Too bad I only know 5 outta 10 songs

#83 8 years ago

as lots of you, i'm not a KISS fan, but for sure this pin is a real beauty with a very promising layout

... and i was not a MET fan too, but love my pin for sure

#84 8 years ago

Not a huge KISS fan either... but, I'm still going to buy the game (wife apparently very excited about this glam rock showcase)..
Hand drawn art work, lots to do.. I like the Demon head and vomiting the ball (also on the Pro)..
Like the Met Pro this one looks like a good Pro (relative to other Sterns)..
I think I can live without the MB vomit... but the levitating ball across the back sound like a neat trick.. probably can live without that too... still good sound, maybe no color changing GI but like METPRO.. just LED in the inserts lights it up plenty..
AND I think I actually prefer the purple/red/blue decals to tone done on all of the the red white and orange on the PREM and especially the LE..

#85 8 years ago

Noticed Stern webpage no longer linking photos or feature set... hopefully nothing significant has changed...

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks nice I wonder how much will be stripped away on the pro ?

Matrix is posted here on pinside.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from radium:

The light show on this should be insane.

If there's not a red flasher in Gene's mouth...I'd add one! ...and red LED his pupils, too.

#88 8 years ago

Congrats Stern!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#90 8 years ago
RickFlairGif.gifRickFlairGif.gif
#91 8 years ago

I know some people have been clamoring for this game for a while, so it should be no shock that this day is here. Even still seeing these pictures is very surrealistic to me like I am in some bizarre day dream. This is absolutely the last theme I would ever choose. I find the KISS "look" to be revolting and would rather have my eyes scratched out than see one in my game room. Seriously WWE any day over KISS.

#92 8 years ago

I bet this machine will do awesome on location. Even non pinheads will want to play to see balls spitting out of his mouth!

#93 8 years ago

I did a writeup on the game at Ars:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/05/play-pinball-like-its-1978-with-the-new-kiss-game/

Probably not a ton there new for people here, but I did get a great head-on image of the translite from Stern that I don't think has been published yet if you're curious about that.

I think the art looks great. Hand drawn is the way to go for these band pins, really glad Stern chose that direction. And the original artist? Brilliant.

#94 8 years ago

Total grand slam by Stern. Best art package in their history and best in any game for probably 20 years or more.

A KISS Premium will look very nice next to my AC/DC Premium.

#95 8 years ago

I really like the fact they went with original art and not photoshop cut and paste.

On a side note I hope I actually get to play one. I live in the absolute vaccuum of pinball called South OC CA.

Seriously, we are fucked in south OC for pinball. No passable public place to play pinball within 30 miles. Also the only decent place left to play closes at 8pm and that doesn't work. Lucky if I arrive by 7pm.

I'm going to put up a different post on that subject.

#96 8 years ago

Looks cool. Looks fun. One complaint. Why in the hell is the cabinet art based on their sucky solo albums?

#97 8 years ago

I think it looks great, can't wait to play one. Pro looks to be pretty stripped down compared to the premium tho. Stern is kicking ass, great job!

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You should have seen what Paul wanted.......

Please do tell..

#99 8 years ago

Kiss is a theme I'd never buy, but the game looks interesting enough so that might not matter.

#100 8 years ago

I also not a Kiss fan, but the playfield looks interesting (great even). Not going to buy it, but hopefully local barcades get it as I'd love to give it a try

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 265 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tons-of-kiss-pix/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.