5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JeffZee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I recently bought my kids a newer tabletop pinball machine (TMNT) from Walmart. Its kinda fun and especially watching my kids play.
    It got me thinking, is there a "portable" tabletop pinball machine that is more "advanced" that plays a little more lifelike?

The product must have a small footprint. My goal is to be able to bring it to my office job and have it nearby when I want to take a break.
    So, it has to fit on top of my office desk (26-30" depth.... width is okay for any size).

I found this "Tomy American Pinball". Here is a youtube video showing gameplay:

Is there any "better" ones out there that are available and affordable? Where are the places to buy them? I like this one and currently
    looking where to buy it.

Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

Best bet is probably a decent quality virtual pinball in the table-top form factor.

#3 5 years ago

I'm not aware of anything else that is that small and still has interactive components (as opposed to the passive springs that are on most toy pinball games). The Tomy games are loud which might not work in an office environment. Here's my Tomy pinball collection...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/toys/toys.html

#4 5 years ago

Oh, T7 that is an interesting idea with the virtual pinball route... Have not thought of that due to the potential higher cost. I'll explorer that.

And JeffZee oh boy what a collection you have. Did not know that same Tomy pinball has been re-themed numerous times. What would you say are average rates to acquire one, Say "Astro Shooter" or "American Pinball"?

Good point on noise. Could it be possible to "unhook" the sound or "tape" over the sound hole to reduce the strength of the noise?

Thanks for feedback on this unique request.

#5 5 years ago

Astro Shooter is the most popular theme and is generally the least expensive to acquire. American Pinball is second. The noise is gear noise and can't really be turned down.

#6 5 years ago

Found somebody nearby where I live who is willing to sell Astro Shooter for $120. It’s in good condition.. no scratches, no real wear.. comes with everything including a worn original box. Decent price??

#7 5 years ago

I suppose it depends on how patient you are. You could probably go lower if you're willing to keep an eye on eBay for a few months. I think I got my two for around $60 each, but that was years ago.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tomy-tabletop-pinball-machine-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.