(Topic ID: 87019)

Tomy Pinball - Anyone remember these?

By tb0ne

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TomyAtomic.jpg
    astro-605.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I put endless hours into one of these toys. I remember they were available at Sharper Image, in a couple different themes. Three bumpers, a kicker, two kickout holes, and even a subway.

Probably the best toy pinball prior to Zizzle.

astro-605.jpgastro-605.jpg

#2 10 years ago

i still have mine. not sure if it works. got it from my godfather for Christmas one year. want to say when i was around 7 so 1979ish. i will never get rid of it.

#3 10 years ago

Wow that one is deluxe. I had the single player Atomic when i was little. It's around here somewhere.

TomyAtomic.jpgTomyAtomic.jpg
    #4 10 years ago

that is the one i have

1 year later
    #5 8 years ago

got two Astro Shooter, one American Pinball, one StarCom (same as Atomic). they're pretty good little toys, mechanical wonders too with how much stuff (everything!) being run with one little motor. the larger Astro type can be run with a 9.6v tyco-nikko toy RC rechargeable battery pack if you make a quickie adapter harness for playing anywhere (like kids camping, treehouse, etc). replacing stock vinyl sling and bumper bands with the small black Scuncii silicone hair ties (stacked) makes the passive bounce action a LOT livelier, is well worth the couple bucks and 5-10 minutes "modding" (lol).

I wish some manufacturer would revisit the idea and make new ones, slightly larger, active slingshots, maybe TWO motors, better/more sounds, some LED's for pf and "backbox"..
    these were some of the best tabletop toys ever, they could be so much more with some redesign and modernizing. can you imagine one with an upper pf, two player and multi-ball?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tomy-pinball-anyone-remember-these and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.