• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zahner
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150407_193455.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I bought a very beautiful Tommy yesterday, got it finally home (which was kind of an adventure itself), and then noticed it has a shaker motor ?! Cabinet shakes when you start a game and go for a skillshot.

I had a Tommy about 10 years ago and didn't remember that having a shaker.. just thought I forgot about it or maybe had disconnected it then.

But now I searched a bit on rgp and it doesn't seem all had them ? Some posts say Tommy had the driver board present but no shaker installed, other posts say the software just doesn't support it ?

But on my machine it's installed and works - I think it activates together with the propellors but have to check more tonight (can't get into the settings - coindoor buttons don't work..)
It is also a real DE shaker motor, not a custom made one as far as I can see.

The game did come a long time ago from someone in the Netherlands who restored pins (it's further still in fantastic condition) so it's possible it was added by him.. but could it be default also ?

It's a regular game, made for The Netherlands, not a prototype with 6 popbumpers or something else special as far as I could see.

Does anyone have more info about Tommy and a shaker ? Could it have been factory ?
Do other people also have one installed ?

#7 9 years ago

It's not a re-import from Japan - it says inside it's made for the Netherlands (I'm in Belgium).

And from what I found on RGP it's the other way round - Tommy had 3 motors so next games also had to have 3 motors.

I will check later how the wiring is and what software version..

#9 9 years ago

Here's a picture of the shaker.
Software is A3.0
The shaker runs in coil test at the same moment the propellors work.

On a dutch forum someone answered that he probably knows whose collection it comes from and that it's a prototype. Can't find anything else to confirm it's a proto.. nothing else special on it, serial number isn't low (but there's a low nr on the 'cabinet number' paper inside the cabinet ? different nr from behind the backbox..)

IMG_20150407_193455.jpgIMG_20150407_193455.jpg
#14 9 years ago

At first I just played a test game and noticed the shaker worked but didn't check the coiltest.

Now I did the coil test. The shaker is not connected as coil 9 (how the shaker is originally defined in the manual and maybe was programmed once) but it's hooked up so the shaker runs together with the propellors.

So during gameplay when the propellors turn, the shaker is also active.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-with-shaker-motor?tu=aeneas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.