45%

(56 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01907 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Take a Moment to coment on your choice!

#2 6 years ago

While I haven't had the opportunity to play Tommy extensively, it has an interesting layout, and the blinder feature is a blast.

Getaway is pretty much just HS with a few things added on. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that it's not a particularly deep game.

#3 6 years ago

Yea I love the theme of the Getaway way more than Tommy (HATE THE FLICK WITH A PASSION), but Tommy looks like it would last longer in my house. lol

#4 6 years ago

both are great but tommy has a lot more to do and a better multiball

#5 6 years ago

Tommy is a really cool game but Getaway is just more fun.

#6 6 years ago

Score so far...
Tommy - 2
Getaway - 2

#7 6 years ago

Both fun games but I vote Tommy it has a lot of cool features.

#8 6 years ago

2 very different games.

Getaway is fast furious fun, the accelerator toy is a blast - I always enjoy it but I tire of playing it very quickly, and this is without ever owning one.

Tommy is much more mode based - the Union Jack is basically the TAF mansion. Some great multiballs, and as mentioned the unique blinders

I'd go Tommy, I think overall there is more to keep your interest long term - especially with the recent Chad code rework !

Another consideration is that a Getaway is usually easier to get hold of so if both available right now I'd go for the Tommy.

#9 6 years ago

I would have to vote getaway even though it isn’t that deep.

#10 6 years ago

Tommy...unique blinders feature are a big difference maker. Set it up properly and it's a bear to play.

#11 6 years ago

I own both... have had them for 20+ years. I would be hard pressed to let either go. Not even sure which one first. Sorry no help

#12 6 years ago

Tommy with Pinsound

#13 6 years ago

HS2 is an adrenaline rush...very exciting and fast paced
Tommys blinders are cool but other than that is seems a bit stale

#14 6 years ago

Getaway is an awesome game that is very fun to play. Easy find, easy to sell, always going up in value, well built, great theme
Tommy is a fun game not based on the movie based on Broadway show. Good game, just if you're buying one, buy the Getaway if you ever sell which I won't sell mine, he it for 10 years, you can sell or trade easier as it is. A bmw

#15 6 years ago

Def Tommy. More in depth game and really cool features. The blinders is a blast to play with.

#16 6 years ago

guys please comment on your vote its very usefull!,theres 29 votes and 14 comments

#17 6 years ago

Both great pins. Either pin is easily resellable.

Tommy has more to do like others said. It has modes just like the other DE pins if it’s time. Harder to “beat” if you will.
It does have a little of the DE pin feel though. Not a big deal, but imo doesn’t have the build quality of Williams. Or the smoothness.

HS2 I just couldn’t get into. I’m not a racer or into cars etc. It’s a fun pin however and I love a little ZZ Top. Just gets a little stale.

Tommy for the win. Plus, The Who, man?!!

#18 6 years ago

TOMMY gets my vote. Here's mine with an alternate backglass (real glass, silk screened). Also has a color DMD and pinsound board with the real "WHO" loaded into it. Mirror blades next. Both pins are great but TOMMY has a much deeper rule set.

DSC01907 (resized).JPGDSC01907 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#19 5 years ago

I rate Tommy well over Getaway. I sold my Getaway recently . Great game ,don't get me wrong. I then brought a Tommy. Installed a "Pinsound" board . This game is kicking my arse! Tommy is my 15th Pinball..this one is a keeper!
Would love to get hold of the alternate translight if anyone knows where to grab one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.95
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tommy-vs-the-getaway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.